Menu
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More feedback on combos and signatures!

There's another user here who gives out feedback on names. I hope she doesn't mind that I want to start doing the same! If I am out of line, the mods can remove this thread.

I love reviewing stuff at length, and would like to give my input on your name choices. Please leave a comment here about the names that you want reviewed (it can be your whole signature).

Yes, I like weird names myself but I understand that other people have different tastes and will judge accordingly!

Don't review the pp's signature, this is not the same as the 'Rate the previous signature' thread!
    Marjorie Saga - Gladys Willow - Theone Lovisa - Coraline Audra - Valeria Tordis - Astoria Winter - Iseult Ivy - Hedvika Valene - Damaris Greer - Elswyth Ginevra

Killian Valentin - Aloisius Wolfgang - Isidore Archer - Garland Forrest - Gawain Ivar - Valdemar Harvest - Icarus Riddle - Percival Gwynne

Wyatt ** Arlo ** Knox ** Lorcan **

Oakley ** Winter ** Adelaide ** Bonnie ** Lux** Willow ** Bellatrix **

If you could give feedback on some or all of the names on my signature, that would be incredible!
    Something old, something new.

Adia Violet ~ Cora Josephine ~ Rosalie Ruth

Shepherd John ~ Thomas Ford ~ Levi Bryn

@mimimoo92:

Bonnie: I love this name and its meaning ("pretty"). It's cute, but perfectly acceptable for an adult.

Oakley: not for me, but I appreciate that there's some history behind it and that it relates to a cool tree.

Willow: this name sounds beautiful and is the word for one hell of a tree. Splendid.

Indigo: I don't quite like the sound of this name.

Ellery: Apparently related to Hilary ("hilarious"), but it sounds rather made up to me. Like a fancier, home-made version of Ellen or Ella.

Boys;

Lorcan: I have mixed feelings about this. It sounds pretty cool, but also like it could be a medication?

Knox: I don't really like surnames for names and it reminds me of John Knox. Which is fine if you are a fan of his.

Arlo: Probably my least favorite on your list. Too trendy, with vague origins. I don't really care for the sound or the look of it. Sorry!

Wyatt: It's a bit quirky, but also familiar. Not my personal style, but a nice enough name.

Fletcher: Occupational names are not my thing. I do like the sound and look of Fletcher, though!

-----

@tranquilstars:

Little Lambs

Lucy Marigold: very pretty combo. Soft and elegant, with Marigold being extravagant and Lucy bringing some nuance.

Evangeline Cora: I love both of these, especially Cora. And it has the same effect as Lucy Marigold where it's beautiful but humble in a way.

Winifred Bea: I am not crazy about Bea, or any of its other forms (Beatrix, Beatrice). Winifred is okay, but the "Fred" part is so masculine to me.

Matilda Jane: I like Matilda, but think Jane is way too dull. It's nice enough, but not very special.

Clara Sophie: I like Sophie, but prefer Claire over Clara.

Josephine Eva: Not a fan of Josephine, because I focus on the "Joseph" part, which is masculine. I also don't really like how it sounds. Eva is okay, but rather mundane.

Olive Eleanor: Both of these are beautiful. Olive is very cute and pretty. Eleanor is great, with lots of nickname potential.

Thomas Avery: I like Thomas, but Avery sounds too trendy. I do like the origins of Avery, but much prefer other names that relate to elves and/or wisdom, like Alfred.

Ellis Maxwell: Ellis is cute, but I think it's better for a girl? I guess it could work for boys too. It's just unusual. Maxwell is not my style.

Asher Flynn: Not a fan of either of these. They sound a bit too trendy and like last names.

Bennett August: I am not a fan of Bennett, but August/Augustus is a gorgeous name.

Truman Callum: I love Callum and I am always surprised that it's not more popular than it is. Truman is okay, but I don't think it's great as a first name.

Leo Watson: Leo is nice, but I much prefer it as a nickname for something more "official" like Leopold. Not a fan of Watson.

Henry Sawyer: I prefer Henry over Sawyer, but I think Sawyer is nice too. It is one of those cases in which a last name works as a first name, imo.

Sally Coraline: Coraline is my latest obsession. A wonderful name with a hint of quirkiness. Sally is cute.

Pollyanna Maisie: I like Maisie a lot. It's very pretty. Pollyanna is okay, but I really like the nickname Polly.

Darlene Blythe: Darlene is beautiful. It sounds strong and feminine at the same time. Blythe is not my style.

Mabel Dorothy: Mabel is a cool old people name that I'm glad to see coming back into style. Dorothy doesn't feel quite ready for a comeback, and feels a bit precious/posh.

Ethan Wells: Not a fan of either of these, sorry. Ethan is so 90s, and Wells reminds me of Wells Fargo.

Benjamin Reeve: Benjamin is classic. I am not a fan of Reeve.

Alden Emory: I don't really like either of those, sorry.

Truman Seth: Seth is a beautiful name and pretty timeless!
    Last edited by marvolo; December 30th, 2018 at 09:29 PM.
    Marjorie Saga - Gladys Willow - Theone Lovisa - Coraline Audra - Valeria Tordis - Astoria Winter - Iseult Ivy - Hedvika Valene - Damaris Greer - Elswyth Ginevra

Killian Valentin - Aloisius Wolfgang - Isidore Archer - Garland Forrest - Gawain Ivar - Valdemar Harvest - Icarus Riddle - Percival Gwynne

My whole signature would be great!

Little Laddies
    Asa Bellamy
    Soren Ezra
    Finn Leander
    Archer Kit

Little Lassies
    Marlo Juniper
    Liv Romilly
    Ilsa Marigold
    Kaya Elowen