Menu
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I don't think it's an issue. Besides family, I'm sure most people don't even remember your child's middle name. Also, as a mother of a son who's first name is Truman, lots of people don't go straight to the presidential association. Some do, of course, but many associate it with the Truman Show (and far less associate the name with the author who we named him after, haha).
    I love all your kids names and I love all your options. My favorite is Franklin. Both my son's were almost Franklin.
    Proud Mom
    Lucille Beatrice
    Lennon Wallace
    Truman James

Check out my blog at www.hiveof5.blogspot.com.

Is Emile pronounced like Emil or like Emily? I'm with your husband--I don't like that extra -e at the end. If it were spelled Emil, it'd get my vote! My second choice would be Franklin.

It would’ve never occurred to me.

Side note: I love your daughter’s name! Coraline has been my favourite middle name for Ivy for a while
    Handsome Boys
    Theodore August “Teddy”
    Oliver Sebastian
    Alfred Benjamin “Alfie, Freddie”
    George • Asa • Sage • Milo • Remy
    Alec • Jack • Henry • Hugo • John
    Maxwell • Bennett • Abel • Sasha

Lovely Girls
    Phoebe Adeline
    Eloise Cordelia “Lou, Lolly”
    Lydia Josephine
    Felicity • Cecilia • Lavinia • Beatrix
    Ivy • Amelia • Sylvie • Edith • Jane
    Penelope • Georgia • Colette • Flora
    Zara • Holland • Etta • Roma • Opal
    Romy • Marigold • Lois • Iris • June
    19 • infp

Quote Originally Posted by oftenoverseas View Post
    Is Emile pronounced like Emil or like Emily? I'm with your husband--I don't like that extra -e at the end. If it were spelled Emil, it'd get my vote! My second choice would be Franklin.
    It’s just the French variation of Emil. I’ve never met anyone with either spelling, but the pop culture references I’m most familiar with have the -e. I also think it’s more likely that people will be completely unfamiliar with the name and think the name is just incomplete, that the -y was left off. I also think it looks incomplete next to our last name somehow (there’s a double -t and a double -f). I don’t know, not sure I can win there either way, and spelling issues are something I’ve specifically worked to avoid with all of my kid’s names.

ETA: I don’t think my husband’s issue is the -e. I doubt he knows the more standard spelling, as Emile Hirsch is his reference. I also think Emil would just get pronounced “Emmel” here in the Midwest. I don’t even know why I’m that worried about people misreading it. My kids are homeschooled anyway, and most adult situations just require a quick correction.
    Last edited by tk.; December 17th, 2018 at 09:29 PM.
    proud mama to three honey badgers

As a Canadian, it took me a minute to work out this theme. Because you used Truman as a middle name, I think this potential theme is a non-issue.

Great list, btw. I love Franklin best, on it's own, and as a part of your sibset.
    Our rainbow baby - Jane Ada Kathryn
    February 2017

Little brother or sister arriving August 2019.

For a little brother...Desmond, Gareth, or Rory

For a little sister...Daphne, Phoebe, Rosalind, or Rosemary