Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Athena and Seraphina?

Hello berries!

We don't know yet whether or not we're going to have a third, but I like debating on what we'd call a third if we were to have one.
    Our top contenders for a girl are Petra and Kiara for a multitude of reasons that I won't bore you with here!
    While we like a lot of other --ena/--ina ending names but vetoed them all on the basis that they rhyme with Athena and felt that sounded too matchy.
    But the other day I was reading somewhere about someone contemplating Seraphina with the nickname Saffy and I kinda fell in love (I also love the potential tomboy nn Finn)
    I've been in love with Safira nn Saffy for a long time, but hubby just doesn't love Safira, try as he might, so I've accepted that that isn't going to happen. However he does love Seraphina! And with Seraphina I still get my Saffy
    We both love the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman (Athena was almost called Lyra!) where there is a witch called Serafina Pekkala so that's our main association with the name.

So, my question is; can we have an Athena and a Seraphina? Is it too sickeningly matchy or does it work?
    Saskia
    Tobias "Toby" Oliver Louis (23/04/2015)
    Athena Rio Marguerite (22/12/2017)

Little Witches:
    Aviva (Evie) • Azura • Freya • Inara • Kiara • Lyra • Magnolia • Maya • Mirabelle • Oriana (Rio) • Ostara • Pandora • Petra • Safira • Summer • Valencia • Willow

Little Wizards:
    Archie • Arthur (Bear) • Atlas • Caleb (Cub) • Caspian • Edward • Evren • Felix • Flynn • George • Harry • Leo • Milo • Oaken • Remi • Ronan • Rowan • Wyatt

It's not too matchy, and I think that if one sibling has a grand or unusual name so should the other in most cases (to avoid suspicion of favoritism). So, I think those two are a good pair! They do sound alike, but not overly alike (see Rowen and Owen, Cora and Nora, etc). The literary association is also cute for siblings.

I think they are cute together!

Since they have a different number of syllables I dont find them too matchy at all
    Name enthusiast - but not naming any little people any time soon.
    Current crushes: Matilda Lee, June (Juno) Rosalind and Forrest Iwan, Robin Samuel

I think Athena and Seraphina sound lovely together. Definitely not too matchy.
    Kay - 26yrs
    Wifey to my Sunshine - 17.2.17
    .girls.
    Mercedes Aliyah Rose | Persephone Annabelle Rain
    Seraphine Arwen Elyse | Evangeline Haven Grace
    Pomeline Violet Snow | Delphine Aurora Wren
    Amelia Jane Autumn | Sibylla Raven Willow
    .boys.
    Othello Bentley Fox | Atlas Orion Boyd
    Luca Indigo Cove | Oberon Story Zale
    Vincent Aurel Lark | Bowen Wilder Oak
    Peregrine Evander Quill