Menu

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2019

Hey @eireann, it looks like congratulations are in order! 18 days past ovulation (DPO) is plenty far along to get a positive (women get them as early as 8 DPO).

Note that you are actually pepbably more like 4.5 weeks pregnant as pregnancy is not counted from conception/ovulation but rather from the first day of your last period (at least until your first ultrasound when they may update it in case you ovulated earlier/later than the average).

False positives on pregnancy tests are basically non existent. You can get something called an eval line that would show up after the window they tell you to test during and be colorless, but if it showed up within the (usually 5-10 minute) window they give you, it means you are pregnant! False negatives are much more common (resulting from testing too early and not having enough of the pregnancy hormone to trigger a positive).

Mama to Enzi... Sept 2018

OUR TOP CHOICES:
    James, Leona

Quote Originally Posted by mamaenzi View Post
    Hey @eireann, it looks like congratulations are in order! 18 days past ovulation (DPO) is plenty far along to get a positive (women get them as early as 8 DPO).

Note that you are actually pepbably more like 4.5 weeks pregnant as pregnancy is not counted from conception/ovulation but rather from the first day of your last period (at least until your first ultrasound when they may update it in case you ovulated earlier/later than the average).

False positives on pregnancy tests are basically non existent. You can get something called an eval line that would show up after the window they tell you to test during and be colorless, but if it showed up within the (usually 5-10 minute) window they give you, it means you are pregnant! False negatives are much more common (resulting from testing too early and not having enough of the pregnancy hormone to trigger a positive).
    Thank you for getting back to me! I took another ClearBlue this morning that says 2-3 weeks (last night's said 1-2 weeks but I did take it around 10PM), but going off my period, I'm around the 4 week mark. I don't really feel much different, I have a bit of back ache and a few little twinges just by my hips but that's it. No other actual pregnancy symptoms. I feel way out of my depth, but excited. Thank you, I'll be departing this thread now. Good luck everyone.

Little Love
    11/04/20

@eireann Note that the clear blue tests also tell you how long since you conceived not how many weeks pregnant (so you basically need to add 2 weeks to that to come up with home many weeks pregnant you are). It is weird that they calculate pregnancy from your period since you aren't actually pregnant for the first 2-3 weeks of pregnancy! But hey it means you only have to deal with 2 weeks less of symptoms than you would have otherwise! Congrats again!

Mama to Enzi... Sept 2018

OUR TOP CHOICES:
    James, Leona

Quote Originally Posted by mamaenzi View Post
    @eireann Note that the clear blue tests also tell you how long since you conceived not how many weeks pregnant (so you basically need to add 2 weeks to that to come up with home many weeks pregnant you are). It is weird that they calculate pregnancy from your period since you aren't actually pregnant for the first 2-3 weeks of pregnancy! But hey it means you only have to deal with 2 weeks less of symptoms than you would have otherwise! Congrats again!
    Thank you! Going off my period, I am 5w4d today! EDD April 15th. Thanks again, best of luck to everyone TTC.

Little Love
    11/04/20

Hi all! I've noticed a few faces from previous years and a bunch of new faces. My name is Brittany, I'm 30, and have been TTC with PCOS for 3 years. I have been absent since summer-ish 2018. I had a bit of a breakdown and gave up on practically everything. I saw a doctor and started treatment for depression. I have been doing a LOT better now and have been easing back into TTCing.

In May I got my first ever positive, followed by my first chemical. It hurt my heart so much but I think it gave me that push to actively TTC again. I started temping again and using OPKs. Anyways, tonight I got a positive OPK!! For the first time without using clomid or femara!!! I was so excited I told my hubby hes getting laid tonight hahaha! I am keeping everything crossed and asking for all the baby dust to flow!
    ^Brittany Anne^^Aquarius^^Mrs. K 10/24/2015^
    ^5/29/2019^

TTC #1 since May 2016
    Dx hypothyroidism at 20, pcos at 28, 3 rds Clomid, 3 rds Femara

-Theodore Kenton [Theo] - Ennis Joshua-
    *Eamon Thatcher * Perseus Milo * Everett Simon*
    -Yvette Penelope - Mozelle Annabeth -
    *Greta Beth * Margot Penelope * Odette Margot*

Fur Mom: Felix, Kelcey, Shadow, Sara, and Leo
    Auntie: Madeleine, Samantha, Aidan, Maddie, Nora, Claire, Josiah, Emsley

Welcome @eshe7fantasy!! That's so exciting you got a positive OPK!! Hoping you catch that egg this month!
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang '13 and Louisa Marie '16
    Hildy - Zelda - Mabel - Frida - Greta - Rosemary - Veronika - Edelweiss
    Frederick "Fritz" - Hugo - Alaric - Kai - Cormac - Arlo - Rex - Oskar - Abel

Well my temps haven't been super high, but high enough that I feel safe to say I have confirmed ovulation! We managed to bd 4-5 times in the week leading up to so I really hope we caught this rare egg!! A friend asked us today if we were pregnant so we hope that's a good sign *fingers crossed*
    Last edited by eshe7fantasy; August 25th, 2019 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Missing word
    ^5/29/2019^

TTC #1 since May 2016

@meyera4 sorry you've had such a tough time. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

@townsend2787 that sounds confusing! Hopefully it was just an early ovulation. These OPK's can be so tricky to work out.

@eireann sounds like congratulations are in order!

Welcome back @eshe7fantasy I remember you - I used to be easterbunny on here. Super exciting that you've had a positive ovulation this month! Sorry about your earlier loss <3

We mayyyyy have had ovulation here too. I have not had a single positive OPK since having my son, but my cycles have been becoming pretty regular the last 4-ish months and yesterday morning had some one-sided pelvic pain - CD18, right around when I would expect to ovulate with my recent cycle lengths. It was still a negative OPK but I'm very cautiously hopeful. I guess we'll see what this month brings.
    Side note, I'm considering starting antidepressants. My mental health has been terrible for a while now but I've avoided medication so that in case I get pregnant I don't have to worry about it affecting the baby. But my anxiety is sooo bad recently and I'm starting to question whether stress is preventing ovulation anyway. I'll talk to my doctor soon about my options there.

Its official we are ttc #2. Not super actively trying as we have a trip in January but I'm so excited

<3 Jesse's Girl <3
    Living the nurse life

Fur Baby Gatsby Gustavo and Alastor Augustus
    Mama to Noah Rupert
    TTC - Everett Spence or Delaney Isobel

Auntie to Sawyer Russell

Welcome @barelyhailey! I love your sons name and your name choices!

I am 7dpo so I'm just hanging out for awhile still. Halfway through the tww!
    ^5/29/2019^

TTC #1 since May 2016