Menu

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2019

@seedsandstones - the cycle immediately prior to my successful one when I was TTC DS was a super short one, so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe if it happens again just check in with your doctor.

Love everyone's positive comments looking forward to the first BFP of Feb! I like the idea of saying to myself when AF comes, it wasn't my month, but it was someone else's and I'm happy for them !

Sticky baby dust to all x
    Proud Mummy to Jude Barnaby
    ~ 9th March 2018 ~

@seazuno, I follow your instagram and love it! Congrats on trying for #3!

@scillyellie, that's a really good way to look at it <3
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang '13 and Louisa Marie '16
    Hildy - Zelda - Mabel - Frida - Greta - Rosemary - Veronika - Edelweiss
    Frederick "Fritz" - Hugo - Alaric - Kai - Cormac - Arlo - Rex - Oskar - Abel

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who got their BFPs and hello to all the folks!

Not too much going on here. Last month didn't work out, and when I went to my physical a few weeks ago the doctor flagged a thyroid issue. I've been taking the medication for a couple weeks now and am hopeful that it'll help us conceive. (It's definitely boosting my energy a ton, which is awesome!) I finally ovulated yesterday, so we'll see what happens later this month. I am hopeful, but am mentally preparing myself for another negative. I did have a cup of coffee this morning, and then started to worry about whether I should have skipped it.. I completely cut out coffee during my past pregnancies, but don't remember what I did during the TWW in the past. What do you ladies usually do?

Wanted to ask your opinion on a naming question. Our four kids all have E names. My husband insists that if we are lucky enough to have another child, we should stick to the E theme. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Felicity. He suggested naming a possibly future daughter E--- Felicity, and going with Felicity as the name we call her, but to me that seems unnecessarily complicated. We've only used honor middle names in the past, and I would love to do that again. Would 4 kids with an E name followed by a Felicity Honorname be too odd you think? You know, it's funny.. Our older two are in preschool and are both learning to write their names, etc. Now that Ezra knows how to write his name, he constantly pokes fun at Eli that he has more letters in his name than Eli does. And then Eli always asks me why do all our kids have 4-letter names (our daughter is Emmeline who goes by Emme and both my husband and I go by 4-letter names) while he has 3. They always find something it seems so might as well pick the name we love, right?

@seedsandstones - I had several really short cycles after having Eben. I think it was my body adjusting to the new normal after the baby. Your periods only recently came back, right? Maybe it's your body adjusting back to having cycles?
    Mom to four E's. Newly expecting baby #5 in November 2019!

Always looking for awesome E names. Currently thinking about Eulalie and possibly Edwina. After three boys, not feeling overly enthusiastic about any new boy E names, but maybe Ethan? Or Everest? E name aside, loving Felicity and Asher.

Can't stay away from this thread too long...lol...it's hard to catch up!

@beccasto: Sending you virtual support and hugs! The HSG was rough...I don't blame you for being less than thrilled at having to get it repeated but perhaps this will yield much clearer images so that the doctor can learn just how to help you

@seedsandstones: I definitely feel you! Normally, it is the happy baby news that brings me down but so many people I know are suffering in that regard. From the literal thousands of ladies in my infertility support groups, to the people I know personally who are struggling, to the boy I went to school with who lost his infant son, etc. It feels like just a gloomy Eeyore time period lately. Not sure where you're at, but it helps me to think about heading towards spring and seeing the signs of new life. I'm sorry you are also having to deal with short cycles. That definitely doesn't help the spirits.

@seazuno: I also follow you on instagram! Welcome!

@annah: So happy for you that your treatments are helping! Fingers are crossed for you that you were able to catch that egg! As for the TWW stuff...I've never really been a coffee drinker but I'm absolutely addicted to Pepsi (and energy drinks *hides in shame*). I honestly don't alter my lifestyle in that fashion during the TWW. Recommendations change every so often. Even my doctor says that half of them are a load of crap and that, while loads of caffeine probably isn't a good idea, a cup of coffee or a can of pop everyday won't cause harm. That's just my (and my doctor's) thoughts though. If you have concerns, running them by your own medical staff is a good idea With the names, I think you should go with what you love, regardless of whether or not it fits with the pattern. Forcing yourselves to keep up a trend is just limiting yourselves.

Still not much of an update! CD 16 and I'm probably far from ovulation time. Still, it'd be pretty cool to conceive a Valentine's Day baby
    Last edited by namergirl3; February 14th, 2019 at 04:18 AM.
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

I've been away too long! Not much to update, AF is about a week late, but I've been having some cramping and all the classic AF symptoms so I just think it's PCOS messing with me. Since my progesterone was so low when I had it tested, I'm thinking my body just doesn't know what to do since I didn't ovulate. Or maybe I O'd late and caught an egg? Maybe I'll test tomorrow. I'm not in a rush or even hopeful at all, I think it's because I've been trying for so long. I'm pretty jaded now.

@annah, glad the meds are working for you! In regards to the names, honestly I've never been of ththe opinion that sibsets need to match or that a pattern can't be broken. After all, they'll spend most of their lives not living together as independent adults.

@namergirl I hope this is the Valentine's day you conceive! Sending lots of luck& baby dust your way!
    |24|Canadian|TTC 2+ years|Name Nerd|
    Cordelia Winter & Montague Casimir

Current Combos
    Ada Marigold//Boudica Ivy//Cordelia Winter//Edith November//Georgiana Bloom
    Atlas Benjamin//Caspian Grey//Cináed Alistair//Magnus William//Montague Casimir//Ruarc Alban

Mix & Match
    Ailbhe*Áine*Caragh*Dáire*Elowen*Fionnuala*Isolde Lavinia*Oona*Onóra*Rosalind*Sybil*Titania*Verity
    Alaric*Algernon*Anson*Cormac*Coinneach*Drago
    Edmund*Éibhear*Eirnin*Oberon*Oswald*Rockwell

I hope the radio silence on this group means you are all celebrating BFP's Hope everyone is doing well!
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang '13 and Louisa Marie '16
    Hildy - Zelda - Mabel - Frida - Greta - Rosemary - Veronika - Edelweiss
    Frederick "Fritz" - Hugo - Alaric - Kai - Cormac - Arlo - Rex - Oskar - Abel

@meyera4: Lol, I certainly hope that is the case for others! Hope you are doing well, too!

I'm just sort of hovering around in limbo right now. The annoying thing about PCOS is you don't really know where you are in your cycle, beyond what CD you are. I'm C24, nearly 25, so hopefully this cycle is over halfway done. Anyhow...I really hope to see some more positives in this group soon
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

Hope everyone is going good! I'm cd 26 and didn't ovulate until cd 23/24 again, so that f my trend continues that will be another short luteal phase and af on day 31. Praying someone will be lucky this month
    Proud Mummy to Jude Barnaby
    ~ 9th March 2018 ~

I've been very busy lately, so I haven't had much time to check how everyone's doing or post something.

Normally I should get my period in about 6 days. Yesterday I noticed a bit of spotting, and today I felt some cramping, so maybe... I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel & baby due November 2019

Baltasar Óli * Torfi Magnus * Vignir Ulysses * Iser Hafni * Noam Flóvent * Johann Zohar * Salomon Fálki * Sumarliði Meyer * Efraim Breki
    Ondine Beatrice * Greta Yardena * Meital Johanna * Ebba Lilitu * Magdalene Lilac * Perle Kornelia * Netta Nineveh * Ísrún Emilia * Sumarlína Freyde

Víkingur * Ragnar * Addai * Dov * Bergur * Kjartan * Diethard * Mattias
    Zusa * Aramina * Eugenia * Karolina * Marganita * Elisabet * Júlirós

Hi everyone. Good luck to the ladies in the 2ww and those waiting to ovulate. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

Well, it looks like we had some luck this cycle. It’s still very early (I’m only 12dpo) but I got a positive a few days ago and so far it’s hanging on. If all goes well, little one will be due in early November. I’m hoping for a whole bunch of BFPs to follow!
    Mom to four E's. Newly expecting baby #5 in November 2019!

Always looking for awesome E names. Currently thinking about Eulalie and possibly Edwina. After three boys, not feeling overly enthusiastic about any new boy E names, but maybe Ethan? Or Everest? E name aside, loving Felicity and Asher.