Menu
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Last Child?

Last Child?

How do you know when it’s time to stop having kids? I am pregnant with number 3, and from the beginning my husband and I have said this is it; but now I am having doubts about that.
    Mommy to Audrey Jeanine and Ezra Marvin

Expecting Jasper Lee April 2019

Some favorite girls names Eleanor ~ Matilda~ Clara ~ Scarlett ~ Clementine ~ Flora ~ Violet

Some favorite boys names: Oliver ~ Henry ~ Theodore ~ Milo ~ Gideon ~ Hugo ~Sebastian

People tell me you will know. I didn't feel done after our second was born. But we decided that despite our longing for a third, we wouldn't have another for reasons outside of our control (mainly financial). We decided maybe one day in the future when things are better we MAY have a third, but it would be in the future.

I've found myself unexpectedly pregnant and the timing isn't great, it won't be easy but we're excited. After this baby I feel like we will feel done. Even if we don't feel done, we definitely will be (my husband has already decided to have a vasectomy to be sure), so I hope we do feel done or I'll always wish for another.
    Dashel Rhodes 05.15.12
    Junia Eiffel 12.12.14
    Baby tres 07.22.19

Congratulations on your third kid. If you and your husband feel that one or two kids are enough so after that you can stop. It depends on the couples. Every couple thinks different and definitely everyone has different decisions.

I'm not sure that you ever REALLY know. I have been obsessed with having babies, and we knew we wanted a big family. I thought after our 4th that I was done. I was talking about getting my tubes tied or husband getting a vasectomy. He requested I wait and thought I might change my mind. He was right. Our 5th was unplanned and a total surprise but I found after he was born and got through his baby to toddler stage, I still wanted one more. So here we are now with #6! lol.

I am certain at this point thought that I need to be done. Though it isn't because I "definitely don't want more" it's more because pregnancy gets more and more difficult the more that you have, and I don't think my body needs to go through this again. lol. We have acknowledged that several years down the road, once our kids start to go out on their own, we might want to adopt another. Though by then, our oldest kids might start getting ready to give us grand-kids so maybe those will tide me over. haha. With this many kids, I'm hoping for lots of grandkids in the future.
    In a perfect world in which husbands have no say in what our children are named

Seraphina Jane - Jocelyn Ruby
    Aria Noelle - Winter Grace
    Willow Nova - Evelyn Ember

Declan Silas - Sebastian Grey
    Maxwell Apollo - River Cassius
    Archer Atlas - Benjamin Phoenix

PQ July 2009
    AF April 2011
    CA July 2014
    ML Dec 2015
    EP Oct 2016
    *new little (boy, I think, maybe?) arriving Jan 2019*

Well we thought we'd be done with four but we didn't feel done at all and are now planning to TTC our fifth next year. Whether we feel done or not after that, we will be. We couldn't fit a sixth child in our home! We feel five is a good number. Originally we aimed for four as I am one of four and it always felt right, but it does feel like we're missing just one.
    Mum to four beautiful little humans
    Senia, Apolline, Theoden & Hesperia

Considering:
    Cadmus, Alaric, Caspian, Cyprian, Evander, Cedric, Orlando, Casimir
    Ianthe, Illyria, Cosima, Herpera, Calanthe, Xanthe, Elowyn, Idonia, Everild