Menu

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    @libelluclaire Just curious - do you live with his parents? I guess that's the only reason I could even understand if they felt like they had a say.

And about the vacation, don't stress! People say crazy things about when you should deliver. If your mother in law had 9 kids, she definitely knows that is not something you can control.
    Rainbow baby girl - Hazel Jane - 10/17

2nd rainbow baby girl - Margot Brynn - 08/19

Husband approved:
    Boys: Tucker Ross & Rowan Maxwell
    Girls: TBD

No we don’t live with them and really they are lovely people, I am just frustrated with the situation and stressed about finances since my job right now is very physically demanding and I most likely will not be able to just return to it, and don’t get paid maternity leave.

@Libelluleclarie Oh no!! It's definitely time for him to help out more! I hope everything turns out okay!

Husband approved:

Yeah we had a pretty good conversation about it the other day, and while everything’s not completely resolved just talking about it and working on it together has definitely reduced my stress level.

It's almost July! It's getting so close, it's crazy!

We're pretty much moved in to our house. We spent a large portion of the weekend assembling our new furniture. All we have left to do in that department is the bed frame in the guest room, a bookshelf that should arrive this week, the crib once we get it out of storage, and any other miscellaneous baby stuff that might be assembled (stroller and swing?). And we need to go through the boxes we have left in storage, because most of the baby stuff is still packed away... but the house is livable at this point, and I'm VERY relieved.

So now that most of that stress is over, I'm officially getting stressed about delivering this baby. My two big issues: he's likely to be huge like my daughter, and he's currently breech (or maybe transverse? I don't know for sure, definitely not head down though!). I had an appointment last week, and my doctor said basically that we'll need to wait until next week to do a final ultrasound. We'll see how he's measuring, and how he's positioned. If he's still breech/transverse, we can schedule an ECV at 39 weeks to try to flip him. If he flips, they'd induce me after, and if not we'd do a C-section. But we won't actually know how soon they can get that scheduled until they get his measurements, so I don't know what day that might actually be, and I really wish I did.

Also, I'm stressing the ECV. I'm already worried about attempting a vaginal delivery with another huge baby. My daughter was fine, but she wasn't responsive immediately after birth (I don't know if being a big baby actually had anything to do with this, but it was scary!), and she had some shoulder pain/issues. If this baby is any bigger, I feel like those issues could happen again or worse. Adding the potential complications from an ECV on top of that is stressing me out. I'm debating whether I'd rather just opt for a C-section instead... I'm not thrilled about the idea, and I know it comes with its own issues, but it takes a lot of the what-ifs out as far as how the baby will be after delivery at least. All the studies I've read about ECVs exclude big babies, so I don't know how likely I feel like it would even be that it would work. I've heard they're really uncomfortable/painful, and the thought of going through it and still needing a c-section after worries me. In theory I'm a good candidate for one, because I've had a baby before, but I just feel like it makes sense that it would be harder with a big baby?

I feel silly for even stressing this, because I don't KNOW that he's huge, we're just making assumptions based on my daughter's size. I also don't know that he will even still be breech by the time I'm ready to deliver. My doctor said he still has time to flip, but he hasn't moved in at least the last three weeks, probably longer. Ughhh...

Anyway... I'm excited and nervous about everything. The end. I'll know more next week, and I might have a baby in as few as three weeks!

@Shalexis OMG!! I'm glad your in your house! I listen to a podcast called "The Birth Story", they have a ton of different birth stories on there, including ECV's and c-sections. Maybe give them a listen? It might help your nerves! (Or it might not!)

Husband approved:

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday!

Baby is confirmed breech, and also looking large (he was measuring about 7 lbs yesterday, and they put on anywhere between 4-8 oz a week toward the end on average, the tech said probably more if they're big!). Not as big as my daughter was measuring at that point, but I'm easily looking at a 9 lb baby if I go to term, and he could be just as big as her...

I'm leaning more and more toward just scheduling a C-section. My doctor did say I could be a good candidate for an ECV because I've had a baby before, and my fluid levels are good, but she also said that he's lowish, which makes it harder. UGH I don't know. I feel like I should probably attempt an ECV, but I'm worried about it being painful and going through all of that only for it to not work and have to have a C-section anyway. Even if it does work, then I'm looking at another vaginal delivery, which could still end in a C-section. Although if it did work, in theory, my second delivery should be a lot easier than my first. But I just don't know how likely I feel like it is to work, and I would really hate to make the recovery from a C-section any harder by having to recover from that as well. Just scheduling a C-section kind of feels like a cop out when I have other options I guess. And because the recovery will likely be harder than it would from a vaginal delivery, so if I 100% don't HAVE to have one then I should try not to?

Ugh. I've been going in circles with this since yesterday. My husband isn't much help, because it's understandably my decision ultimately. We scheduled an appointment for next Thursday, and she said I need to have decided by then so we can get something scheduled either way. Whatever we schedule will likely be two weeks from tomorrow, which is SO SOON!

The good news is, we finally got EVERYTHING out of storage, so we now officially have all the nursery furniture assembled, and are working on getting everything unpacked and cleaned up before baby gets here. Also I got a 3d ultrasound picture yesterday, and he actually looks like a cute baby (you know what I mean. Some of those ultrasounds pictures are CREEPY).

download (2).jpg

Decent need to accomplish something like this with mine

@shalexis You have a great photo! Everyone I've ever seen is so weird looking. That's a tough decision. I would probably do the ECV, just so I felt better, but whatever is best for you go for it!

I'm 32 weeks now. I had an ultrasound today and baby is head down. She's measuring great, so no complicated due to our valementous umbilical cord. My blood pressure is good, so no worries about preeclampsia yet.

However, I'm starting to feel miserable. I can't sleep, because she is moving constantly and I have to pee every hour. I have pregnancy carpel tunnel. I'm swollen due to the heat. I'm ready for this pregnancy to be over, but then I feel guilty for wishing she comes early!!

Any others in the same boat?

Husband approved:

Hmmm this thread is kind of dead lately! Hoping everything is going well for all of you!

I am schedule for an ECV and then either induction or C-section on Thursday! As in THREE DAYS FROM NOW. Having an actual date to anticipate is stressing me out way worse than I thought it would!

@morgantaylore
    I'm definitely ready to be done! This baby is technically coming a week earlier than my daughter did, but 39 weeks according to what my doctor changed my due date to, and still 38.5 ish weeks according to what it was originally, so I don't feel too bad. I had a false labor scare at 37 weeks and felt a tiny bit bad that I hoped it ended up being real... But anyway, don't feel too bad. The end of pregnancy is hard, and I feel like the heat of summer makes it worse! But you're getting so close, it'll be your due date in no time!