Menu

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    @claireelisewren haha definitely!!
    Rainbow baby girl - Hazel Jane - 10/17

2nd rainbow baby girl - Margot Brynn - 08/19

Husband approved:
    Boys: Tucker Ross & Rowan Maxwell
    Girls: TBD

Checking in 14+1 today. Around 11 weeks was the first time I felt good enough to go to barre class after work, and I'm finally not stumbling into pj's immediately in the evenings. I'm getting a taste for sweets back (Ice cream cake) but for the most part the sweets in the house are being eaten by the husband for once!

I told my office/coworkers publicly last week, and it's been SO nice to be able to talk openly about it without people overhearing. Plus everyone has been super sweet and supportive (as expected but it's still lovely). So far not toooooo many people repeat asking q's of me over and over (maybe in the first few days but that's it), but I think the questions will start coming more once I'm truly showing.

The 12 week appointment (done at 13 weeks) was really nice to hear the heartbeat. I will get just dopplers outside of the anatomy scan mid-March but that's fine with me. I'm just so in love with that whoosh-whoosh-whoosh!

We did genetic testing but I opted out of finding out the sex. For the time being I'm quite content not knowing. I like the emphasis and focus remaining on the fact that ultimately it is the baby that is changing our lives, regardless of boy or girl. It's just impossible for me not to get distracted by boyish or girlish things even though I would like to think I'm not so steeped in gender norms.... But when literally all you know abt the person is their sex it's kind of hard not to fixate and make assumptions about what kind of kid I'll have. So for now I like the idea of waiting

I AM having some frustration over finding/worrying about clothing that's gender neutral. I know in the early weeks, solid/plain onesies and sleepers will be the main thing they wear (and will probably have to be changed out of more often than imagined...), but golly I just want **some** cute clothes!! The only stuff that I find is all gray or white. So hard to find even cute yellow/green stuff. Womp womp. Anyone find any good retailers/sites with a true gender neutral selection???

OK enough rambling! Happy weekend, all!

@anotherkate - isn't the lack of gender-neutral clothing just so frustrating!!?? It makes me so mad when I go to the girls' section and see a wall of pink, complete with princesses and ballerinas, and then to the boys' section, where I see lots of different bright colours, and things with space and dinosaurs and other interesting, cool stuff like that.

We didn't find out what we were having when I was pregnant with my daughter, and so we bought as much "neutral" clothing as possible. But you're right, that means a lot of white and grey. We also bought a lot of stuff from the boy sections, as long as it doesn't say "little dude" or something like that, then a lot of the boy stuff is fairly neutral.

We still buy quite a bit of clothing from the boys' side of the store for our daughter. She loves tigers, things with a space theme, and her favourite colour is blue. These themes are tricky to find in the girls' section!

Also! At numerous children's clothing stores, I've noticed that the "same" size of boys and girls clothes are not, in fact, the same in the toddler sizes. If we want to buy my daughter a sweater from the girls side, she's a size 3. Over on the boys side of the store, she's a size 2. I guess girls clothing is supposed to be form-fitting, and boy's clothing is supposed to be loose and comfy?? I just think kids should be able to move and play comfortably in their clothes.

Rant over. But seriously, has anyone else noticed this??
    Our rainbow baby - Jane Ada Kathryn
    February 2017

Little brother or sister arriving August 2019.

For a little brother...Desmond, Gareth, or Rory

For a little sister...Daphne, Phoebe, Rosalind, or Rosemary

It's a boy! I'll be honest, I was kind of hoping for/expecting another girl, so I was pretty surprised to learn otherwise. I'm maybe a tiny bit disappointed. But for dumb reasons, mainly that I really liked not even having to think about circumcision or taking care of a penis last time around, and I had a fair list of girl names worked out already and I have no idea for boys... But those aren't really big issues, so I'm sure it'll be great!

@shalexis - congratulations on your big news! I think it's perfectly natural to feel a little off when things aren't how you expected they might be. When I was pregnant last time, I was convinced I was having a boy. I remember when my daughter was born, I was so so happy, but it also felt weird to say goodbye to the idea of having a son. Like I was missing him, even though he hadn't even existed. I don't know how to describe it.
    Our rainbow baby - Jane Ada Kathryn
    February 2017

Little brother or sister arriving August 2019.

For a little brother...Desmond, Gareth, or Rory

For a little sister...Daphne, Phoebe, Rosalind, or Rosemary

9E40AEE1-697C-4026-B01B-6477CC2393A4.jpg

We announced today! A little early at 11 weeks but baby looked great at my last ultrasound. I hope the picture works !
    Rainbow baby girl - Hazel Jane - 10/17

2nd rainbow baby girl - Margot Brynn - 08/19

Husband approved:
    Boys: Tucker Ross & Rowan Maxwell
    Girls: TBD

@morgantaylore Congratulations! telling everyone has been my favorite part so far.

Just thought I would check in I'm 14w and 4 days. So far everything has been going pretty well for us, it was an easy 1st trimester (which I feel like means one of these next two have to be kinda rough) We had a checkup last week and heard the heart beat for the first time which was amazing and reassuring, lil bub's heart rate was exactly where it should be.
    This pregnancy has been so smooth combined with the fact that I'm just barely showing, it's still hard to believe that I'm actually pregnant. So hearing the heartbeat made it a little more real. But I don't know when it's really gonna hit me that I'm actually having a baby. I keep talking about it trying to make it feel real, but it still seems so....strange. (But in a good way) I'm hoping at the next ultrasound when we really get to see a baby (since our first ultrasound was so early bub was just a tadpole) it'll feel a bit more real to me.
    WINRY ROSE - HAZEL BLISS - PRAIRIE ANNABELLE - SYLVIA PEARL- HOLIDAY JANE
    CHARLES ALEXANDER - GRESHAM HALE - ALDER JAMES- IRA MILLER - GRAHAM EDWARD

We sort of announced this week too, but it was kind of subtle and I don't think very many people actually saw it! We just wrote it on a Disney button my daughter was wearing on our trip, and I thought the picture I posted with it was big enough, but I'm thinking a lot of people didn't actually read it. Oh well, they'll be SUPER surprised in July or whenever they see me next I guess haha.

@morgantaylore such a cute announcement, congrats!

@libelluclaire that first US when baby looks like an actual baby does help a ton. I'm feeling baby move everyday now at 20 weeks but it still feels so surreal that there's an actual human in there.

@shalexis congrats on your boy!

We had a scan confirming that baby is a boy this week, yay! We did a reveal picnic yesterday with family and friends. Since we chose to find out at the scan, we wanted to reveal in a way where everyone else participated. Each couple/family got a black balloon that had blue powder paint inside so it created a smoke effect when popped. It was so fun to be able to share the news and everyone was so excited for us. We obviously would have been happy either way but it's nice to celebrate these little things. Now to think of names

I got my BFP 1/1/2019 and my EED is 9/17/2019. This is my first pregnancy and will be the first grandchild for my parents, second grandchild for my husband's parents. My husband is super excited. I'm excited too but have so many more questions/emotions to work through.

We're planning to announce to our families next weekend, 3/2, at my grandmother's birthday dinner. All of my aunts and uncles and most of my cousins will be there. I'm hoping that we'll be able to pull off the whole "pretend to gather everyone for a photo but actually make a video" bit to record their reactions to our big news. We were hoping to be able to tell his family in person too but the timing isn't going to work out.