Menu

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Congratulations morgantaylor! Yay!!

This is her 3rd grandkid. We had their visit to our home this past weekend. I'm still kind of reeling but it was nothing unexpected, unfortunately. Just nosy questions about our finances, passing judgment on the possibility that we may not circumcise (his fam is Jewish and they were highly offended by the idea, even though he and I don't practice religion), and constant judgment of everyone around her ("that outfit that lady has on is a BAD choice! Look at it!"). I mean she would also say how excited she was for us and supportive in most comments but it's like she literally cannot help herself in the other remarks. Also it's like she thinks it's hilarious that her son is going to be a dad and she can't IMAGINE that. I get it, he's still a 13 year old boy to her but it's like she cannot recognize his maturity and capability and makes me feel defensive of him. Lordy what a mess.

Anyway.... We gotta get onto the name game for reals soon, first name for a boy and middle names for boy or girl.

@anotherkate I wonder if it's just a mother in law thing.. They have a hard time letting go of their baby boys!
    Rainbow baby girl - Hazel Jane - 10/17

2nd rainbow baby girl - Margot Brynn - 08/19

Husband approved:
    Boys: Tucker Ross & Rowan Maxwell
    Girls: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by morgantaylore View Post
    @anotherkate I wonder if it's just a mother in law thing.. They have a hard time letting go of their baby boys!
    Oh man I hope not! That's one of the things that I worry about if this baby is a boy... I hope it's not a destiny of me being the same way in the future, incapable of letting go/having these MIL issues with anyone he dates.... Gah... Haha,but really!

I've been pretty bad about checking in here lately... Glad to see things are going well for everyone who has!

HOW DO I ONLY HAVE 7.5 WEEKS UNTIL I'M DUE?!? It's coming sooooo fast!

Looking at my last post... we did get moved out. After my daughter and I got food poisoning on move day. That was the worst! But we survived, got all our stuff into storage, and we've been living out of suitcases in a friend's basement for the last month. At one point, we were going to be moving into the new house last weekend.. then it got moved to this weekend, and then we found out on Tuesday that it's not going to be until the NEXT weekend, possibly not until Monday the 17th. The 16th was the latest we were originally planning on, and it has really sucked getting all excited only to have it move back so many times. If anything else happens I don't even know what we're going to do, I'm going to be 34 weeks by the time we actually move, and I had really really hoped for more time to get settled before baby gets here...

I don't even know what baby stuff I still need! Everything from my daughter has been boxed up forever, all the baby clothes I've purchased so far are packed up, I literally can't wrap my brain around what we even need for this baby because I don't have a HOUSE TO PUT IT IN. Ugh.

The good news is, I've been checking the listings, and there hasn't been anything else that we would've rather moved to posted, so I'm glad we went for the house we did even though this has been stressful.

Anyway... on a non house related note, I'm 32 weeks! I'm feeling pretty good... I expected that I would be getting swollen by now, but I haven't noticed anything too crazy yet. I guess we'll see what I look like in a few weeks, I KNOW I was super swollen around 36 weeks last time. I also don't have any stretch marks yet, and I feel like I started getting them before now last time? I need to go back and look I guess.

So far everything is looking good. Baby is moving around a TON. I'll have an ultrasound a 36 weeks to estimate size.. If he's looking enormous like my daughter was, my doctor wants to induce me at 39 weeks or possibly a little earlier since she's supposed to be out of town then. Which I feel a little bad about, because I know that the estimates can be off, and we were able to deliver my 10 lb 11 oz daughter with relatively few issues, but I know there could've been problems, and I wouldn't mind if this baby was a tiny bit smaller... But I'm trying not to worry about that right now, because if we ended up doing that it's only 6 weeks away and we'll have even less time to get settled!!

Sorry this is so rambly... hope everything is going well for everyone! We should start having some babies born in this group soon, if anyone who's due in early July is still here...

@shaleexis That sounds so stressful!! I really feel for you! I'm 27 weeks and am REALLY feeling the anxiety about getting everything ready for the baby. I can only imagine how you feel at 32 weeks. I keep reminding myself that realistically we only need a bassinet, a breast pump (to start stocking up milk for any nights off and back to work), some diapers and wipes, a few onesies, and a few swaddle blankets. Everything else is a bonus. I hope that helps you! (If not, totally understand!)

We decided to name this little girl Margot Brynn. I love having her name decided and now I just can't wait to meet her! Even though, it's driving me crazy that my husband wants to finish working on the basement before he tackles her room.... I'm feeling a little tired, and still throwing up, but only in the morning, starting to feel large! I've already gained 26 pounds! And I still have 90 dyas left till my due date!! Is anyone else struggling with weight gain anxiety??

Husband approved:

My EDD is 7 August with a little boy! Third child, really feeling sympathy for my mom. I'm scared it'll be a miscarriage, but all is well atm.
    Last edited by reine_regina; June 11th, 2019 at 08:12 AM.

@morgantaylore
    I have gained like at least 35 pounds so far, probably more but I'm not keeping track because it was so depressing for me last time. I want to eat better to avoid as much excess weight gain as I can going forward, but it's been really hard to eat well while we're staying with other people... on the weekends we're kind of reliant on what food my in-laws have in the house (I should probably just start grocery shopping and cooking more for ourselves, but I hate taking over the kitchen when we're guests!) and on the week days I want to cook the simplest stuff possible so we're not invading our host's kitchen, and we just end up eating out a lot because all my kitchen stuff is packed up and I have no motivation. I am trying to eat better at work this week at least, I eat breakfast and lunch here, so that's better than nothing. But FORGET about working out right now haha. I am going to try to walk more these last few weeks, but that's about all I can manage at this point.

We signed on our house FINALLY. Tonight is the last night that we have to spend in our friend's basement, we'll stay at my in-laws again this weekend, and then we get to move in Sunday! I'm a bit nervous about moving, since I got winded WATCHING my daughter play at the park yesterday, but we'll have a lot of help, and moving in is way less urgent than moving out anyway... right? Anyway, hopefully this time next week we've at least relocated everything from storage/friend's basement/my in-law's house to our new house, though I'm sure we won't quite be settled.

Also, apparently I'm at the stage where everyone thinks I'm about to explode any second. I get a lot of funny looks when I say I still have 6 weeks!

Congratulations shalexis, I’m sure having your own space will be a big relief.

Ok so I have to vent just a bit. My husband is the only son in his family of 9 siblings, so I am the only daughter-in-law. I love my in laws very much, and usually we get along pretty well. However since I’ve gotten pregnant I have been struggling with the way they’re handling the situation. With all of their own daughters they expected their son in laws to work through out the whole pregnancy, and for their daughters to stay home recoup, take care of the baby for as long as necessary. However with us, my father in law keeps saying he needs my husband for his own ‘projects’ and guilt trips him into not working so I have been supporting us for the last few years as my husband tries to get through school (which has been a struggle with my father in law as well, I think he’s terrified if my husband gets a good job we’ll abandon him) And when we’ve talked to them about me quitting my job or taking maternity leave and my husband taking over (he’s only taking one class this semester, he has plenty of time to pick up a job) I feel like they’re pushing me to just hand the baby over to them as soon as I can so I can get back to work, and my husband can continue to help his dad. Which irks me, a lot. Now I’m not against working in fact I’m hoping to go back to work part time after a few months. But I just wish they would give me the same benefit they give their own daughters and let my husband take care of the bills for awhile.
    Then to top it off, we’re due the very beginning of August, they knew that, but they booked a trip for the last week in July. Which for me wasn’t big deal, I don’t want anyone else in the delivery room except my husband, so I figured if I went into labor a week or two early and they missed it, it would be ok they could just meet baby when they got back. However last week we were talking and mentioned something like ‘well maybe she’ll be a July baby, you never know’ and they told us we better not have our baby in July because they booked a vacation. What!?

I’m pretty sure part of it is hormones distorting the whole situation a bit, but I’m feeling very 2nd class compared to how they treat their own daughters during their pregnancies. And my husband is struggling trying to keep his parents happy as well as me and I feel like since this is our first baby I’m already stressed enough and this attitude is just causing me and my husband more unnecessary stress.

I guess I’m just wondering if Im being over dramatic/emotional and if I should just suck it up and go back to work and stop complaining

@reneiregina Welcome!

@shalexis Congratulations! What a relief!

@libelluclaire I don't think you're overreacting. Part of being married and being parents is prioritizing your small family over your parents and extended family. He no longer should be putting his parents happiness over yours. If he's taking a class, he should get a job - if that's what works for both of you. Whichever way his sister's handled their marriages and their babies, is kind of besides the point. You both can certainly make your own decisions and you should.

I hope that didn't sound harsh, it's not meant to be!

Husband approved: