Menu
  
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 131 to 135 of 140
  1. #131
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    469
    @libelluclaire Just curious - do you live with his parents? I guess that's the only reason I could even understand if they felt like they had a say.

    And about the vacation, don't stress! People say crazy things about when you should deliver. If your mother in law had 9 kids, she definitely knows that is not something you can control.
    Rainbow baby girl - Hazel Jane - 10/17

    2nd rainbow baby girl - Margot Brynn - due September 5th

    Husband approved: Genevieve / Eden / Tucker / Rowan

  2. #133
    No we don’t live with them and really they are lovely people, I am just frustrated with the situation and stressed about finances since my job right now is very physically demanding and I most likely will not be able to just return to it, and don’t get paid maternity leave.

  3. #135
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    469
    @Libelluleclarie Oh no!! It's definitely time for him to help out more! I hope everything turns out okay!
    Rainbow baby girl - Hazel Jane - 10/17

    2nd rainbow baby girl - Margot Brynn - due September 5th

    Husband approved: Genevieve / Eden / Tucker / Rowan

  4. #137
    Yeah we had a pretty good conversation about it the other day, and while everything’s not completely resolved just talking about it and working on it together has definitely reduced my stress level.

  5. #139
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    914
    It's almost July! It's getting so close, it's crazy!

    We're pretty much moved in to our house. We spent a large portion of the weekend assembling our new furniture. All we have left to do in that department is the bed frame in the guest room, a bookshelf that should arrive this week, the crib once we get it out of storage, and any other miscellaneous baby stuff that might be assembled (stroller and swing?). And we need to go through the boxes we have left in storage, because most of the baby stuff is still packed away... but the house is livable at this point, and I'm VERY relieved.

    So now that most of that stress is over, I'm officially getting stressed about delivering this baby. My two big issues: he's likely to be huge like my daughter, and he's currently breech (or maybe transverse? I don't know for sure, definitely not head down though!). I had an appointment last week, and my doctor said basically that we'll need to wait until next week to do a final ultrasound. We'll see how he's measuring, and how he's positioned. If he's still breech/transverse, we can schedule an ECV at 39 weeks to try to flip him. If he flips, they'd induce me after, and if not we'd do a C-section. But we won't actually know how soon they can get that scheduled until they get his measurements, so I don't know what day that might actually be, and I really wish I did.

    Also, I'm stressing the ECV. I'm already worried about attempting a vaginal delivery with another huge baby. My daughter was fine, but she wasn't responsive immediately after birth (I don't know if being a big baby actually had anything to do with this, but it was scary!), and she had some shoulder pain/issues. If this baby is any bigger, I feel like those issues could happen again or worse. Adding the potential complications from an ECV on top of that is stressing me out. I'm debating whether I'd rather just opt for a C-section instead... I'm not thrilled about the idea, and I know it comes with its own issues, but it takes a lot of the what-ifs out as far as how the baby will be after delivery at least. All the studies I've read about ECVs exclude big babies, so I don't know how likely I feel like it would even be that it would work. I've heard they're really uncomfortable/painful, and the thought of going through it and still needing a c-section after worries me. In theory I'm a good candidate for one, because I've had a baby before, but I just feel like it makes sense that it would be harder with a big baby?

    I feel silly for even stressing this, because I don't KNOW that he's huge, we're just making assumptions based on my daughter's size. I also don't know that he will even still be breech by the time I'm ready to deliver. My doctor said he still has time to flip, but he hasn't moved in at least the last three weeks, probably longer. Ughhh...

    Anyway... I'm excited and nervous about everything. The end. I'll know more next week, and I might have a baby in as few as three weeks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •