Menu

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    @libelluleclaire Congrats on a healthy happy little girl!!

@shalexis I feel similarly, my husband just applied for a job that is out of state. We're talking about moving and buying his parents farm. Its a lot of change and we aren't certain if it will happen before or after baby comes in September. I hope that your new home is the perfect place for your growing family.

I wanted to tell you all what a positive experience I had at the A Pea in the Pod store at the mall! I needed to be fitted for new bras. I had ordered some online but had to return them because of fit. I thought that the set up of the store was tasteful, the bras are in the dressing room area and they have a "7 month bump" for you to try on with the clothes. How fun! The sales associate came back to check in with me at least three times and was helpful in finding not just the right size but also ones that I thought were super comfortable/flattering.

I hope everyone is doing well! I've just been miserable still sick, I've lost a little weight, low iron, and soo tired. All of this at 18 weeks!(19 weeks tomorrow) On the bright side, I think I felt the baby kicking last night, so that was great. We have our anatomy scan next week and my husband will be finding out. I'm going to hold out until the end of May, we're going to do a fun gender reveal party/taco bar. Really, we just love to throw parties. Planning that is helping to keep my spirits up.
    Rainbow baby girl - Hazel Jane - 10/17

2nd rainbow baby girl - Margot Brynn - 08/19

Husband approved: Genevieve / Eden / Tucker / Rowan

New here and due with our first child on July 24th.

My husband and I are both excited and a bit nervous.

It's been quiet here. @morgantaylore sorry to hear that you're still having such a rough time. Hopefully the anatomy scan lifts your spirits.
    @maren2019 congrats on your first! How has your pregnancy been so far?

I'm 28 weeks, so officially third trimester, and feeling relatively good. Can't get enough fruit at the moment (and anything sweet too ). Have been working on baby boy's nursery. Going with a sky theme so the walls are light blue and there will be cloud, rainbow and airplane details in the decor. I painted and varnished a chest of drawers this past weekend and was very grateful I hadn't left it too late because I think I would've struggled otherwise. I'm already huffing and puffing getting up and down off the floor haha.

We're fairly certain that we have a name but are going to wait to meet him before deciding for sure. Think we're driving family and friends a bit crazy by being so vague whenever anyone asks, but we don't want any negative comments so have decided not to tell anyone that we've settled on one for now.

Hope everyone is doing well

@raeofsunlight I've found myself huffing and puffing and feeling ginormous already, and then I think about how much pregnancy is still left haha... Sounds like you're being very productive though, good for you!

@morgantaylore Sorry you're still feeling sick . I hate to be the person that says "maybe it'll go away after _____" but I'm really hoping you feel better soon!

Not a lot of pregnancy related updates here. Life updates: We did sell our house. The first buyer fell through, but we had a backup ready to go, and they've had it inspected and appraised so it looks as if everything is moving forward. Their due diligence deadline is tomorrow, after that has passed I'll breathe a little easier.

We also found a new place! We were only looking for a few weeks, but it felt like FOREVER because there was nothing on the market and nothing new coming to the market, and our closing date was approaching fast. But we kind of lucked into a place and half bullied them into selling (they were going to list it later in the week and we just convinced them to let us take it off their hands and not have to go through all of that process), so we're under contract for that too! The bad news is we're going to be homeless for 4-6 weeks, depending on when the seller's new house is done. But we're working on arrangements for that, and we'll still be moved in a month before my due date.
    But holy cow, all of this is making this pregnancy go SOOOO FAST. It's crazy, but probably going to be ok. I can't believe I'm 25 weeks already, only 15 left (or 14 if I get induced at 39 weeks, which my OB has discussed with me due to the size of my first baby). So crazy.

Hope everything is going well for the rest of you!

PS We've tentatively landed on Milo as our name. Which was not really in my original list of contenders, but we both like it! We're not telling anyone because I don't want to deal with reactions, but it feels good to tell the internet!

*Shalexis LOVE LOVE LOVE Milo!!! I'm so happy you *fingers crossed* have your housing figured out!! That sounds SOOO stressful!

We had our anatomy scan and the baby looked great, but the umbilical cord was possibly "marginal", so we have to do some follow ups. Our Dr. didn't seem too concerned, she said the worst thing that would happen is I would have to deliver early if the baby wasn't getting enough nutrition, but we've already dealt with that with my daughter being a preemie due to preeclampsia. So, we're not too concerned! The baby was measuring a little ahead, so it must be getting some food! (She did say it typically kicks in around the 3rd trimester.)

Welcome Maren2019! Congratulations!!
    Rainbow baby girl - Hazel Jane - 10/17

2nd rainbow baby girl - Margot Brynn - 08/19

Husband approved: Genevieve / Eden / Tucker / Rowan

@morgantaylore
    Tahnks! It has been a little stressful, but so far everything is working out well, and I'm sure it would be way worse to try to do this with a new baby, so I'm glad we're getting it over with now! I'm glad you're getting some follow-up on your ultrasound and your doctor isn't worried!

24 weeks here! Baby has been moving a ton, been feeling it since 17 weeks (though I felt a few bubbles earlier than that) and it kicks so much that it wakes me up almost every night lol. I kind of love it.
    Bought a fetal stethoscope a few weeks ago and have been able to hear the heart beat. The movement has been reassuring but it's also nice to hear that taptaptaptap of the heart as well!

We're still officially team green but I think I saw something very very suspiciously "boy" quickly on the scan, and have been thinking boy since day one. At this point we'd be shocked if the baby comes out a girl.

Name situation: I had loved Fiona for years and thought truly that was what I'd use. But husband doesn't like it. However he likes Winifred nn Winnie, and I love it so that's our current top pick.
    For a boy I still prefer Mac (Malcolm) but hubby likes Grant. Grey and Quinn are also on our boy list.

We haven't even brought up the notion of middle names!! I'd like Lake as we lived in a lakefront cottage when first together. We'll see hopefully we can get a first name decision soon!!

@anotherkate
    I LOVE Winifred, it was my top pick if this baby was a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by shalexis View Post
    @anotherkate
    I LOVE Winifred, it was my top pick if this baby was a girl!
    Thank you! I am actually surprised that husband likes it, as well as my two closest friends (I know they'd be supportive unless they thought a name was truly a bad idea, but they will say "I prefer ☓ over that" if they don't love a name). I honestly thought the people I've told in real life (literally just the two BFFs and husband) would think Winifred was too clunky and old fashioned. I think Winnie lightens it a lot.

If this is a boy, Quinn is lower on my list mainly because I'd like to still be able to use Winnie on the chance of a girl the next time. Quinn and Winnie are too close sadly.

Oh names...