Menu

What were your kids names...BEFORE birth

Out of boredom and curiosity I thought I’d ask everyone to list up to 5 names they Were going to use for their child before birth and possibly what they ended up settling on (if you’re comfortable sharing that!) x

I’ll start

1) Nelly Rose ( was set until my nephew mentioned nelly the elephant )
    2) Vivienne Jenna (I love Vivienne so much but hubby changed mind)
    3)Mary ( we never decided on a middle name)
    4) Ophelia (we realised that no one in the area we live could pronounce it properly)
    5) Aurora Isobel ( we decided it was too disney princessy for an actual child I absolutely adore it though )

We settled on Tabitha Rose 😊
    ❤️Tabitha Rose ❤️

Current crushes:
    Mary
    Pandora
    Isobel
    Vivienne
    Aurora
    Ophelia
    Rose
    Saoirse
    Lavender

Jasper
    Preston
    Leo
    Roscoe
    Gabriel
    Beau

Our second’s name was originally Moira. Hands down. We had found the perfect name. We were sending things out to be monogrammed. But then we told DH’s sister. And she said, “huh?” Then we tried the name at Starbucks. Every barista said, “huh?” Constantly misspelled. We knew with a oft-butchered last name, we couldn’t do that with a first name, too. So, she became Eloise. And it’s just perfect.
    Our Girls
    Grace Patricia “Gracie-Pat” & Eloise Martha “Elsie-Mae”

Guys
    Julian Walter + Daniel Adam + Malcolm Jack + Nathaniel David + Tobias Arthur

Dolls
    Penelope Fern + Imogen Violet + Matilda Joan + Iris Catherine + Amelia Edith

My name list changed with every single one of my kids. Back in 2008 when I was pregnant with my first, I was between Zoe, Sophie and Jocelyn for a girl and Parker, Mason and Asher for a boy.

Then in 2011 we weren't finding out the gender, and going into labor I was between Willow Noelle and Asher Jonathon, but ended up going with something different once she was born. lol.

In 2014, We were settled on a girl name from the beginning but agonized over boy names, so of course baby was a boy. DH was running out of things he liked. I think we were between Cole, Hunter, Owen, and Finn.

In 2016, another boy, we were torn between Owen again, Ethan, and William.

Now with this new baby due in Jan 2019, another boy because mother nature is cruel lol, we don't even HAVE a list yet - well I do, but husband has been completely void of input aside from the occasional "I don't like it sorry". I've run out of names that haven't already been shut down by my husband.
    In a perfect world in which husbands have no say in what our children are named

Seraphina Jane - Jocelyn Ruby
    Aria Noelle - Winter Grace
    Willow Nova - Evelyn Ember

Declan Silas - Sebastian Grey
    Maxwell Apollo - River Cassius
    Archer Atlas - Benjamin Phoenix

PQ July 2009
    AF April 2011
    CA July 2014
    ML Dec 2015
    EP Oct 2016
    *new little (boy, I think, maybe?) arriving Jan 2019*