Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Please rate and rank our shortlist of 8!

We do have a favourite (we think...) for this baby girl, but I’d love to hear your thoughts on the following eight options for us.

Keep in mind sibling names Juno M@tilda and Kit V@lentine, and surname similar to Winterfield.

Anouk
    Astrid
    Flora
    Ines
    Nell
    Ramona
    Sunday (there is a connection)
    Tess

Thank you!
    J. M. (2015) + K. V. (2017) ♂
    baby sister due in February!

Astrid
    Nell
    Flora
    Sunday

These are my favorites. I particularly like Sunday but I do think the others match siblings better. I do not like the names Anouk, Tess, Ines, or Ramona. And I don’t think they are as compatible with the sib set. What middle names would you be using?
    Future babes- Tzipporah Yael, Yosi Immanuel, Ayelet Bea, Elie Jude, Ruthie Millay, Ezriel Asher, Liel Carmine, Ada Ruth, Liat Amelia, Davi Juniper 💕

Anouk
    Astrid
    Flora
    Ines
    Nell
    Ramona
    Sunday (there is a connection)
    Tess

Ranked from best to worst (imo):
    1. Astrid - A really lovely name, completely recognisable but not overused at all, and seems somehow to fit in with your older childrens' names. I think maybe it's the subtle space-y ness of Juno and Astrid together that gets me. Definitely my number one choice!

2. Flora - A sweet, underused vintage pick. Again, I think it works really nicely within the sibset. Also a name that grows really well from child to adult.

3. Tess - I'm not sure if I love this name, but I think it's a very good stylistic match for your family. My main problem with it is the lack of options/nicknames, but I suppose that's very similar to Juno and Kit and so might be exactly what you're going for! It is sweet though, and has some nice literary connotations.

4. Nell - Almost exactly the same comments as for Tess with this one. I like it just a little less though, it kind of screams scullery maid at me, not sure why though!

5. Ines - I love this name, but it somehow feels a little too different in style to Juno and Kit. It's a bit too European in comparison. Also shooting up in popularity right now, at least where I live; I know of three babies called Ines born this year alone!

6. Ramona - Again, a nice name, but I think it's too long to work with your other childrens' names and doesn't fit in the sibset at all.

7. Anouk - I can never quite get there with this name, I really want to like it but just don't. I think the repeated 'k' sound is a little jarring when repeated in the sibset. I would avoid that kind of clash between siblings' names.

8. Sunday - I think this could be a really cute middle name, but definitely does not work for me as a first. I think as a child it might invite teasing. It is just a little too different for me.
    Elisabeth Cecilia ~ Enid Genevieve ~ Edmund Valentine ~ Emmanuel Giles

Henry Christopher - Rufus David - Arthur Alexander - Howel Oliver - Wilfred Augustine

Rosa Beatrix - Liesel Melody - Dorothy Julianne - Margot Rose - Maria Daisy

Juno, Kit and...

Ramona
    Tess
    Flora
    Astrid
    Ines
    Anouk
    Nell
    Sunday

I've been rooting from Ramona for a while, if I remember correctly. I like the simplicity but familiarity of Tess with Juno and Kit. I think Nell, while similar, seems incomplete somehow.

I agree with previous suggestion of Sunday in the middle, if possible. It definitely fits the whimsical feel of your older children's middles.
    Bjorn Knox
    Jasper Lorenz
    Dane Kenneth
    Titus Andrew
    Jonah Oliver
    Arlo Maxim

Seren Juniper Snow
    Celia Rosemary Jane
    Esme Opal Belle
    Signe Hazel
    Cleo Simone
    Arabella Wren

Ramona (cute, spunky, shares O sound without sounding repetitive)
    Tess (I like it with your last name, fairly unusual, dramatic/vintage without being over the top)
    Astrid (short and spikey like the other two, Pippi Longstocking vibes)
    Flora (good combo of Roman and vintage, but girly while the others are more unisex)
    Anouk (growing on me and I like it with last name, but I'm never sure how to pronounce it)
    Nell (a little boring to me)
    Ines (sounds very spanish to me, not sure it goes with the others)
    Sunday (too out there and modern for me)
    Last edited by sarah1800; November 8th, 2018 at 05:37 PM.
    Greta Cecilia - Jane Wilhelmina - Audrey Emmeline - Margot Ines - Ramona Ruth
    Gabriel John - Arthur Nathaniel - Toby William - Frederick Ronan - Oscar Emanuel