Menu
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I vote not finding out. I always felt that not knowing would make the birth more meaningful.
    Violet Marigold, Eleanor Isobel, Caroline Sybil, Lydia Georgiana, Rose Philippa
    George Patrick, Nicholas Arthur, Edward Louis, Winston Kenneth, Richard Edgar

We've always found out at 20 or so weeks and plan to again with this baby. I am too impatient to go the full 9 months not knowing, it would drive me insane, but awesome if you can! I think finding out at 20 weeks is a great halfway point in the pregnancy and something I look forward to. There is so much excitement and adrenaline when actually giving birth that meeting the baby is enough for me. I don't need anything more than that. There are so many unknowns in pregnancy and childbirth and really, even knowing what it is ahead of time, isn't really foolproof. There can still be a mistake. So take it with a grain of salt.

If one of you wants to know and the other doesn't, then honour each others wishes and keep it to yourself. Then it's a win-win.
    Finn and Leo

EDD #3 06.19.19

Kate Olivia Claire | Calder Bartholomew Mason | Natalie Mila Elizaveta | Declan William Balthazar

Stella Freya Juliet | Anya Violet Elodie | Lydia Ivy Elaina | Aurora Persephone Rose

Oliver Caspian James | Callum Sebastian Dimitri | Lincoln Victor Benedikt | Tristan Anthony Oskar

Eva | Maya | Chloe | Kaia | Phoebe | Ariana | Katia | Zoe | Isla | Cora | Belle | Daisy

With our son we found out, and I've always regretted it to be honest. If I have another baby, I don't want to find out. As for the nursery theme, clothing etc, that was never an issue for us, because we were pretty gender neutral in that department.
    Mother to Hjörtur Emmanuel

Vincent Ulysses * Magnus Flórent * Addai Pétur * Ragnar Albert * Ellis Merkúr

Ísrún Emilia * Elishva Magdalena * Sumarlína Rós * Edda Lilitu * Nineveh Karolina * Greta Marólína

Dov * Baltasar * Johannes * Ari * Ezri * Zohar
    Hildur * Lotta * Aramina * Vaka * Undine

I'm definitely with you on this one. I know when some friends have divulged the sex of the baby and the name chosen I felt that the only thing I didn't know was the birth weight and TBH, the excitement of the baby's arrival was lost. It is more difficult than one would think when one of you knows and the other doesn't. When you are shopping or discussing names I think you will pick up on his heightened interest in one or the other, or it will slip as it did with friends that knew but were keeping it to themselves. I asked how she was doing and being distracted, referred to "her".

I'm team not knowing, but maybe you could do like other people have said and let him know but not you? For nursery themes you can always go with more of like a yellow or character theme (I'm going with Winnie the Pooh, personally...)
    Considering:

Edith Alexandra | Charlotte Isabella | Abigail Esther | Samantha Edith | Carrie Alexandra | Jacqueline Edith | Carrie Isabella | Jacqueline Rose

Oliver Ishmael | Oliver Thomas | Benjamin Thomas | Henry Ishmael