Menu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thank you all! We had our scan today and decided not to find out the sex. I asked my SO if he wanted to find it out without telling me to but he refused and said he's okay with waiting until the baby is born. Glad we have found some common ground...
    Dromio † Gwydion † Amadeus † Crispin † Laertes † Franz † Lysander † Melchior † Emrys

Berengaria † Perpetua † Cosima † Aminta
    Octavia † Flavia † Melisande † Ottilie

I'm sooo undecided on this. I'm newly pregnant and right now my present choice would be not to find out. But the 20 week scan is still a long ways away! If he and I can't agree on names for both boy and girl then we may find out just to make that task easier.

DH doesn't really answer these qs, like names and to find out the sex, because he's just much more cautious and tentative about it. Maybe after the first scan confirms it then we can talk more concretely about these subjects. For now I'll just peruse the name lists on my own!

I think the sex of the baby is a surprise regardless of when you find out. To each their own but I don't see the point? Especially for those who decide to be "team green" and have to stress over picking out both a boy's and a girl's name.

We were so committed to team green, we painted the baby's room green! The theme was baby animals and all the infant clothes were gender neutral. I didn't want to color code a baby from birth. (Our daughter is 4 yo now and loves pink and purple, which is fine, her choice!).

If I ever have another I think I'd find out, and use the same nursery. I just want to know if I should keep or give away our closet full of girls clothes, lol.
    Love my Thalia

Irene, Helena, Rhea, Sylvia, Phoebe, Linnea, Simone, Mariel
    Nathaniel, Alden, Amias, Wilder, Jasper, Simon, Clement, Solomon

Guilty Pleasures
    Ione, Kassiani, Acacia, Leander, Griffin, Cosmas

I would love to be able to wait, it really does feel like peeking at Christmas presents! But my husband is a ball of energy who could not possibly wait. He seriously wants to do a DNA test just to find out the gender, instead of waiting until 20 weeks. I put my foot down on that one, but he is incorrigible lol.

Also, @theofania I love your daughter's name and your signature names!
    Rainbow baby girl - Hazel Jane - 10/17

2nd rainbow baby girl - Margot Brynn - 08/19

Husband approved: Genevieve / Eden / Tucker / Rowan

I love the idea of waiting until the baby’s born and the excitement and surprise that comes with it.

However for me with this pregnancy, I feel like knowing the gender will help me connect with this baby and make it feel more real. And as one who deals with anxiety, I feel like the fewer surprises on delivery day will help me have a smoother more relaxed labor. So when we get the opportunity we plan on finding out the gender.
    WINRY ROSE - HAZEL BLISS - PRAIRIE ANNABELLE - SYLVIA PEARL- HOLIDAY JANE
    CHARLES ALEXANDER - GRESHAM HALE - ALDER JAMES- IRA MILLER - GRAHAM EDWARD

Quote Originally Posted by morgantaylore View Post
    I would love to be able to wait, it really does feel like peeking at Christmas presents! But my husband is a ball of energy who could not possibly wait. He seriously wants to do a DNA test just to find out the gender, instead of waiting until 20 weeks. I put my foot down on that one, but he is incorrigible lol.

Also, @theofania I love your daughter's name and your signature names!
    Aww, thanks!
    Love my Thalia

Irene, Helena, Rhea, Sylvia, Phoebe, Linnea, Simone, Mariel
    Nathaniel, Alden, Amias, Wilder, Jasper, Simon, Clement, Solomon

Guilty Pleasures
    Ione, Kassiani, Acacia, Leander, Griffin, Cosmas

I agree with you. Finding out loses so much excitement and all anticipation. And really, there are so many gender neutral options that are seriously cute for the nursery and either girl or boy decor can be added later. Not a big deal. Recently, I was told by a friend that they were having a boy along with the name they had chosen and all there was left was to hear his birth weight, and TBH, those details aren’t a big deal so the excitement was gone.

My hubby and are the opposite! He wants it to be a surprise, and I want to know. I don't care about nursery colours, clothes, etc... I just feel like it would help me prepare mentally. I don't know what we'll do when the time comes, because we're both very stubborn on the point haha
    Aussie Redhead - 26yrs
    Wifey to my Sunshine - 17.2.17
    TTC 2020/2021

.girls.
    Persephone Anouk Wren | Mercedes Aliyah Rose
    Kalliope Haven Grace | Saoirse Arwen Snow
    Endelyon Aurora Niamh | Xanthippe Raven Willow
    Apolline Violetta Rain

.boys.
    Othello Bentley Fox | Atlas Orion Boyd | Vincent Aurel Lark
    ...musing over Bowen, Oberon, Roman, Felix, Areion, Horatio...

.either.
    Peregrine Evander Quill | Peregrine Opal Jane

We decorated the nursery in a gender neutral theme (rainbow colors!) before we found out at 18 weeks. I liked knowing as it cut the baby name search in half. And we picked the first name around 28 weeks so we were able to refer to her by her name. That made it all more real.

Either way is obviously fine though! Glad you found a compromise
    Mama to Beatrix

Winifred ۰ Mabel ۰ Louisa ۰ Harriet ۰ Violet
    Dorothea ۰ Clementine ۰ Felicity ۰ Josephine ۰ Daisy
    Anne ۰ Lottie ۰ Frances ۰ Ivy ۰ Marion ۰ Alice

Casper ۰ Rupert ۰ Archie ۰ Theodore ۰ Linus
    Harry ۰ Louis ۰ Cecil ۰ Hugo ۰ Fitzwilliam ۰ Archibald
    Oscar ۰ George ۰ Ollie ۰ August ۰ Arthur

Full List