Menu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why do some posts need to be approved?

This seems to be a pretty commonly asked question in this forum.

What should you do if you get the "your post needs to be approved by a moderator" message?

1. Don't take it personally - chances are, you didn't do anything wrong! This usually happens when you preview your posts, quote other users or post links, pictures or long lists of names.

TIP: Instead of putting the link/picture in your original post, edit it in after the post is made.

2. Please wait. We moderators check the list of posts awaiting moderation a couple of times a day, and yet we can't be online 24/7 so it may take some time for your post to be approved.

3. If you want your thread approved ASAP or have any further questions, feel free to directly PM me or any other mod.
    alec jarvis + vincent ishmael + sidney balthazar +
    lazarus gauguin + jemuel zbigniew

magdalena persis + amedea lumi + susan circe +
    phoebe octavia + leonie townshend

Thanks for this, @moonstone.

Just to add, the other active mods you can PM with any issues are:

@katinka
    @namefan
    @grackym
    @kibby
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

Can I make a sticky thread about this in the games forum? Since some games rely on continuity between each post (e.g. elimination games) having to go back and redo lists after others have posted (or just posting that there has been a break) is a bit annoying as a moderator. If people saw it there to post about their problem or to PM a moderator that should help reduce such incidents (especially since a blocked post doesn't "bump" a thread until there has been someone who successfully posted, so if I'm looking at threads with new posts I won't see the moderation alert if the blocked post happened in a thread whose last successful reply was before I was last on).

Quote Originally Posted by namefan View Post
    Can I make a sticky thread about this in the games forum? Since some games rely on continuity between each post (e.g. elimination games) having to go back and redo lists after others have posted (or just posting that there has been a break) is a bit annoying as a moderator. If people saw it there to post about their problem or to PM a moderator that should help reduce such incidents (especially since a blocked post doesn't "bump" a thread until there has been someone who successfully posted, so if I'm looking at threads with new posts I won't see the moderation alert if the blocked post happened in a thread whose last successful reply was before I was last on).
    Sure, go ahead!
    alec jarvis + vincent ishmael + sidney balthazar +
    lazarus gauguin + jemuel zbigniew

magdalena persis + amedea lumi + susan circe +
    phoebe octavia + leonie townshend

@moonstone: I did that.