Menu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Age Gaps

I am a huge planner but of course, pregnancy and life doesn't fall to it.
    I feel 2-3 years is best as they can grow and learn from the siblings. I am also basing it on that most 3 years I come in contact with are pretty aware of surroundings and most if not all have asked their parents for a sibling.
    My brother that I grew up with and I are about 5 years apart and I NEVER felt a huge relationship with him, I am unsure if this is due to other factors like him being a half brother or another reason I will not go into.
    Last edited by lysia; May 17th, 2019 at 02:10 PM.
    🎔listography🎔
    TTC 2020

Sylvie Cordelia Raine ✦ Evelyn Lilia Juno ✦ Rosalind Calista Jade
    Milena Juliette Sena

Silas Raphael Fynn ★ Asher Leonidas Beau ★ Alaric Evander Kai
    Tristan Josiah Hugo

Ideally, we wanted our children to be really close together, about 1.5 years apart, but as things happened we weren't able to conceive as early as we would have liked to, and will end up having a nearly exactly 2 year age gap, which I think is great. We will have at least one more after this baby, and to me, the closer in age, the better! I hope to be done having children before I'm 30.

e&a
    FC 12/21/2017
    RO EDD 01/10/2020

Innes Pine. Emil Shepherd. Ivo Maximilien.

When I get older and have children, if I had two kids then I’d like them to be 4/5 years apart but if I had a third then the age gap from the second to third would probably be 2/3 years.

I personally don’t think age gaps determine if kids will be closer or further apart, theres 11 years between me and my sister and we’re super close.
    annabelle | teenberry | dog mom to cassie

planning ahead:

genevieve ophelia | maeve rosalind | ines victoria | elizabeth june | madeleine tessa | elodie pearl | amelia violette

sebastian leo | philip tobias | august james | clark alexander | harrison samuel | asa maxwell | seamus john | cillian arthur | quentin thomas | reid ellis

I don't think there's any such thing as too close or too far apart. Sisters are sisters and brothers are brothers. Family is family.
    Violet Alice Sybil, Lydia Victoria Georgiana, Katherine Josephine Isobel,
    Rose Margaret Philippa, Adelaide Philippa
    Andrew Jonathan, Charles Richard, Thomas Kenneth,
    George Albert, Edward Arthur

I forgot about this thread!

We were originally thinking about going for a 3/4 year gap, but instead decided to start trying a few months ago. No luck yet, but if I get pregnant within the next few months there will be about about a two year gap which I think will be nice.
    Violet Paulina 04.03.2018
    Margot or Tessa is due 04.14.2020

Gemma Annalise
    Clara • Nora • Stella • Celeste • Annabel
    Tess • Amabel • Esme • Grace • Eva • Della

Ezra Bennett • Callum Benjamin
    Henry Bennett • Wesley Bennett
    Hugo • Holden • Arlo • Jasper • Harvey
    Emmett • Theo • Abel • Huxley • Charlie

(sadly) now vetoed - all nature and word names:
    India • Iris • Poppy • Skye • Rose • June • Brooks • Shepard

My sister and I are two years and 1 month apart and have always been thick as thieves even as adults.

My husband had between 18mont h and 4 year gaps between his siblings.

I think I want to try for babies back to back. For us it took so long to actually conceive that I want to have them as close as the universe will let us.

Hmm... personally, I'd say close, but 2-3 years is good. It can be hard to connect with your siblings if they're a lot older -- my friend was in second grade when her brother graduated high school, so she didn't spend a lot of time with him. Two years is probably the best, but it also depends on how many kids you have. I'll keep thinking on this one....

We were going for a 3 year gap, but we're getting a 5 year gap. But #1 loves playing with little kids, is looking forward to begin a big sis, and talks about babies with her preschool friends who have siblings. I'm sure there will be rough patches, but I'm glad she's old enough to comprehend what's going on and maybe even help a bit.

I have friends who have large age gaps with their sibs and are still really close. It depends more on personality than anything else I think.
    Love my Thalia

Irene, Helena, Rhea, Sylvia, Phoebe, Linnea, Simone, Mariel
    Nathaniel, Alden, Amias, Wilder, Jasper, Simon, Clement, Solomon

Guilty Pleasures
    Ione, Kassiani, Acacia, Leander, Griffin, Cosmas

I've always said 4-5 years between the first two then 1-2 years between the second two. After that, if I still wanted more, I'd probably want 2-3 years between each. That would be ideal, but obviously you can't always plan that so I wouldn't really care too much.
    Kennedy Lucy Myfanwy <3 Elijah Maxwell Carrow

Skyla | Veronica | Ayla | Sienna | Aria
    Harper | Addiena | Lila | Haven | Nevaeh
    Rosalie | Macy | Jasmine | Willow | Adelaide

Hunter | Grayson | Sawyer | Jensen | Max
    Tanner | Atlas | Isaac | Landon | Zachary
    Ezra | Ryder | Kingston | Holden | Wilder

I’m 3.5 years older than my younger sister, and we’re very close, although it was hard as an early teen still playing Barbies with my little sister at times. I’ve always been very protective of her and try to take care of her as much as I can (though I don’t know why? We both live with our parents, who do more than enough for us!).

S/O and I would like the same/similar age gap if we decide to only have two children - that way the elder one would be out of diapers and be able to occupy themselves from time to time if needed.

Because we’ll be close to 27/28 when we TTC (we’re almost 24 currently), if we decide to have more, it’s likely we’d go for a shorter gap. 3-3.5 years between four kids would mean I’d be 36 or so when I was finished (one at 27, one at 30, one at 33, one at 36). It wouldn’t be terrible, but I have always said I’d like to be done having kids by the time I hit 35, so we might shrink the gap a little and shoot for 2 years in that scenario.
    Haley - twenty-four - student - hockey fan
    Beatrice, Florence, Honey, Lottie | Alfie, Ben, Bertie, Daniel
    Millie, Pixie, Ruby, Tillie | Freddie, Jake, Morgan, Robbie
    girls | boys