Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I like it and don't think it's stuck to the associations you mentioned. Go for it!
    Cat Foster Mom
    no tiny humans, but love names

Loving:

Hazel, Ivy, Thea, Felicity, Lorelei, Jade, Mariah, Quinn, Raven, Cassidy

Dallas, Ramsey, Everett, Felix, Jasper, Miles, Oliver, Lincoln, Toby, Joel, Wesley

Vote on my name list - click here

I think it's still useable since it was a known name before the Harvey Weinstein scandal broke. There's Harvey Milk, Harvey Keitel etc.
    Valentina Iris, Anastasia Mireille, Penelope Luna
    Jasper Elias, Roman Xavier, Felix Raphael

Harvey is a great name.

It depends. Your worldview, obviously, has a huge impact on what well-known names have become unusable and which associations are simply unpleasant (to you OR to others) but can be ignored. Ask yourself, "How often will he really encounter the Weinstein scandal on the news by the time he's old enough to understand it? How often will he really hear about the hurricane?"

My personal consensus is that I really like the name Harvey, but I would never use it at this point. The Weinstein association is too awful. But would I associate a child named Harvey with the scandal? No. Would I judge his parents for giving him the name? No. It's a great name, and it might just change my perception of the name.

Ugh, I'm rambling, but I hope this helped somewhat.

Runa Solace
    Lyra Firefly, Simeon Peace, Audrey Midwinter, Rhydian Archer, Swyn Azenor, Theophilus Brave, Lærke Madeleine, Asa Hugo
    Mabel Cornelia Violet, Rowan Isaiah Loyal,
    Seren Eva Frances, Felix Evergreen Truth

Trying out Aveline Maple, Winifred Iris, and Arianell Róisín

Looking for a middle for Aelwyd

I think it would be a bit weird to use it now since the Harvey Weinstein stuff just happened and it's a fairly distinctive name. If it were me I would feel the need to explain "we loved this name so much before all the bad stuff happened!" and that kind of takes away from the positive vibes. If there's anything else you like I would avoid it. Maybe Wesley?
    Greta Ines - Jane Willa - Nina Cecilia - Naomi Josephine - Willa Genevieve
    Milo Gabriel - Arthur Sebastian - Toby William - Frederick Ronan - Oscar Emanuel