Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ingrid vs Mae

I should have mentioned that our daughter’s full name is Elizabeth although we call her Elsie exclusively but it makes more sense with Margaret/Mae. Just updated post.

I love, love, love Elsie and Mae as sisters!

I do agree with a pp that calling out the sisters' names together might sound like a double barrelled name. (ie Elsie-Mae)
    I think this would bother me personally, but it may not bother you at all.
    grace . mumma to beautiful o.wen s.hepherd .

Mae Eliza + Eve Adeline + Iris Eleanor + Lena Millie + Ella Octavia

Leo Benjamin + Jonah Matthew + Kai Harvey + Levi Ronan

I like Elizabeth and Margaret as the sisters formal names with the nicknames Elsie and Mae. It seems like more of a pattern. I do like Ingrid but it doesn't seem the right match for Elizabeth called Elsie.

I like Ingrid as it is a little more unexpected, but both go nicely with Elsie.
    Greta Cecilia - Jane Wilhelmina - Audrey Emmeline - Margot Ines - Ramona Ruth
    Gabriel John - Arthur Nathaniel - Toby William - Frederick Ronan - Oscar Emanuel

I prefer Mae though Ingrid is still beautiful; however I think Mae works slightly better with big sister Elsie. I agree with those who have said that Margaret seems too formal with Elsie and that Mae would work just fine as a standalone.
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor | Human to cats Toffee & Fudge

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Xavier ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arthur James ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Ivor

Crushes: Etta + Kate + Regina + Eben + Ambrose
    GP Crushes: Amoret + Rosine + Lavendar + Xanthus