Menu
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    So sorry to read of all your losses.

My first pregnancy was very wanted and planned. I did everything right.
    We had a scan at 6 weeks and saw the wee heart beating away.
    Unfortunately I miscarried that pregnancy at 11 weeks, although it had stopped developing earlier.

We immediately tried again, and got pregnant on my second cycle. This time we miscarried at 6 weeks.

We tried again, and I fell pregnant before my period returned. Although this pregnancy was complicated, with unexplained bleeding for the first 20 weeks, and a failing placenta, this pregnancy resulted in my beautiful, spirited Nola.

I am now pregnant for the 4th time. I'm 16 weeks and just hoping for the best.

Experiencing those miscarriages was the darkest time in my life. So hard dealing with questions around when we were going to have kids etc...
    Nola ◊ My rainbow ◊ November 2016

Maeve Primrose ◊ Pearl Emmeline ◊ Maude Lilac ◊ Rose Lillemor

Theodore Griffith ◊ Rupert Louis ◊ Bruno Felix ◊ Edmund Walter

Great job dear. People often find it difficult to cope with the loss of the parenthood. It is difficult to express the feelings and the emotions. By starting this thread you are giving them the opportunity to be expressive and tell the story ond the happenings around them. Sharing the ideas can be helpful too. When people with similar stories come together life seems easier. People often share their experience and the steps they have taken to make the life easier. I hope there will be many people getting some solution through this platform.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine31_85 View Post
    Hello everybody, I would also like to tell you about my miscarriages as reading your stories made me see that I am not the only one and that there is hope.

I was only getting into using the TTC board, here on nameberry, in January as a few weeks later I got a BFP. As I was traveling a lot I was not able to announce my good news and by the time I could have, I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks 5 days. I needed a break from forums and by the time I felt ready to join again I felt that too much time had passed and decided to just stalk the TTC forum but not be active on it. To my delight I did not have to wait too long before I got another BFP (2 cycles after the 1st miscarriage). I was over the moon but of course very worried that I could miscarry again so I went to a doctor at 5 weeks 3 days, thinking she would carry out blood test. To my horror the doctor told me I was barely pregnant and that I was wasting her time, if I should still be pregnant 2 months later to come back then. I left in tears, I did not expect this at all and sadly I lost that pregnancy at 6 weeks 2 days. Both miscarriages happend naturally and took about a week.

I cant wait to get another BFP with hopefully a sticky baby. I desperately would love a child of my own but at the same time I am also pretty scared now as it was emotionally very hard to go through. I honestly don't know if I could get over another miscarriage without falling apart. I know some of you ladies have been through much more, how do you get through it? How do you pick yourself up afterwards?
    I'm so sorry you experienced such terrible medical care. My midwives saw me as soon as I got a BFP and followed my HcG to ensure that the MCs were complete. Are you able to seek out a new doctor?
    Love my Thalia

Irene, Helena, Emmeline, Daphne, Phoebe, Linnea, Simone, Mariel
    Nathaniel, Alden, Amias, Wilder, Jasper, Cyprian, Clement, Simeon

Guilty Pleasures
    Ione, Kassiani, Acacia, Leander, Griffin, Cosmas

My daughter was easy peasy, we were very lucky. When we decided to try for #2, it took 6 months to get a BFP and ended up being a chemical pregnancy. I had friends going through MCs around the same time so that was helpful emotionally. I had a great attitude, this happens all the time, there must have been an abnormality, my body hit the reset button as it was designed to do, we'll just try again.

Second time I had spotting, no doubling of HCG. Ultrasounds confirmed a blighted ovum.

Third time, I got a BFP the morning we left to visit family for Thanksgiving. While we were there, in the middle of a 4 mile hike, we stopped to use the compost toilet and there was spotting. The spotting stopped, but I knew I was miscarrying. I called the doc when we got home. HCG wasn't doubling. First ultrasound showed me 1 week behind. Second ultrasound still measured behind, but there was a slow heartbeat. I still refused to get my hopes up. By the next week (3rd ultrasound) no more heartbeat. It started spontaneously the Saturday before Christmas.

All 3 happened spontaneously, with no cramping or pain, within the span of 1 year- but it was more difficult emotionally each time. We are now waiting on results of testing. The hope is the testing will help us decide whether it is worth trying again naturally. We aren't interested in aggressive fertility treatment, we're older, and we already have a wonderful daughter. Our next decision will be when to decide to count our blessings and move on with our lives.

Best wishes to all of you.
    Love my Thalia

Irene, Helena, Emmeline, Daphne, Phoebe, Linnea, Simone, Mariel
    Nathaniel, Alden, Amias, Wilder, Jasper, Cyprian, Clement, Simeon

Guilty Pleasures
    Ione, Kassiani, Acacia, Leander, Griffin, Cosmas