View Poll Results: Which is the most classic & least trendy? Oscar or Louis?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oscar

42 53.85%
  • Louis

36 46.15%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Which name sounds best with your surname? I chose Oscar. I think Oscar and Adelaide together are adorable. However, Louis would be just as nice with Adelaide. Hard decision!

Oscar all the way!

I prefer Oscar as I like the thought of having a less used name also. But then I live in France where Louis is more popular than Oscar... Also as mentioned in the other post, I would shy away from Louis as it is the name of the new royal baby.

Also... I really mean it: my second boy (aged 2) is an Oscar! But it's pretty rare over here!

Quote Originally Posted by milly88 View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. I'm just curious to know which country you're based in? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

Unfortunately, here in Australia, I've been hearing lots of little Oscars being called when out & about. Just not sure if Louis will now follow suit with the recent arrival of the Prince

I'm in the UK so maybe it's a little different. Oscar is actually statistically more popular, so it might just be my area that's full of Louiss
    🌈Grace🌈
    Sarai Matilda|Romilly Charlotte|Ginevra Snow|Ilaria Winter
    Tristan Rafferty|Arlo Forrest|Jude Everett|Otto Peregrine

Henry Piper|Hugo Scarlet|Hudson Willow|Horatio Sky
    Hettie Lennox|Heidi Jasper|Hallie Keaton|Honoria Clancy

More combos!

Quote Originally Posted by greyblue View Post
    I'm in the UK so maybe it's a little different. Oscar is actually statistically more popular, so it might just be my area that's full of Louiss
    Thank you so much for your reply

If only the naming trends in your area of the U.K. were more like where I'm living! Here there seems to be an abundance of little Oscars. I know that popularity shouldn't matter so much if you really love a name but I can't help but feel a little hesitant now about using it.

Quote Originally Posted by elise12 View Post
    Which name sounds best with your surname? I chose Oscar. I think Oscar and Adelaide together are adorable. However, Louis would be just as nice with Adelaide. Hard decision!

That's a good question! But unfortunately I think that both names pair just as well with our surname, just to make the choice even harder for us. LOL