Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brittanyanitarose View Post
    Since she struggles with English r's, Taylor probably isn't the best choice.
    Taya, Isla, Elsa and Elise are all lovely and simple enough, and feel like they carry at least a remnant of her given name.
    She could pick any of these and they would work great, I think it depends on what she likes best or feels most comfortable hearing. I would try calling her by one of these names for a day or two to see how she feels.

Would Twila be something she would like?
    Or Talise?
    It's easier at he end of words, she's just struggling with middle and beginnings, whichI know will be solved soon but we don't want to add anything hard for her, right? I'll add these to the list and show her tomorrow. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by alexandra_maule View Post
    I hope the school isn’t asking her to find a nickname so it easier for “other people”. Thais is a beautiful and relatively easy name to pronounce. Thais! Thais! Thais!
    Me too! I love her name. But growing up having trouble with mine (works in english but such a mess in some other languages), I also think it would be a good idea. And she loved it! Because there's a little girl in our neighbourhood who's Eylul but goes as Hailey.
    Last edited by karissawr; June 14th, 2018 at 01:53 AM.

I love Thais--I think its so lovely! I wish she didn't have to change it. I know a Tyas, pronounced the same way, but he's a boy. Anyways: what I would do if you're still having problems with this, I would get her a name book. You can find them often at thrift stores for very cheap. Have her go through it, explain how they sound, and find one that way. Is there a reason it should sound very close to her real name? If not, just let her pick a name that she likes & is easier to pronounce! If she likes Izzie, it definitely works! I know "just Izzies" that may have real longer names but no one ever asks them. As long as she loves it (and I do think she should love it) and its easier, it will work out and people will like it!
    matilda valentine "tillie." beatrix scout "bee." louise lark "lola." piper clementine. thisbe lavender. phoebe callista. waverly lunaria.

roswell zigmund "wells." caspian apollo "casper." evander robin "van." felix finch. henry cosmo. alistair cousteau. florian wilder. ira august.

Quote Originally Posted by erin beth View Post
    It sounds like you have a good list. I think Elise works nicely on a young person with your last name but what matters is what will make your sister happy and comfortable, whether it is her given name or a new one. It is good of you to be helping her. The suggestion of trying out possible names for a day or two is a good one. Best wishes to your family!
    Yes, its all in her at the end of the day! Thank you.9
    Last edited by karissawr; June 14th, 2018 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by auroracallista View Post
    I love Thais--I think its so lovely! I wish she didn't have to change it. I know a Tyas, pronounced the same way, but he's a boy. Anyways: what I would do if you're still having problems with this, I would get her a name book. You can find them often at thrift stores for very cheap. Have her go through it, explain how they sound, and find one that way. Is there a reason it should sound very close to her real name? If not, just let her pick a name that she likes & is easier to pronounce! If she likes Izzie, it definitely works! I know "just Izzies" that may have real longer names but no one ever asks them. As long as she loves it (and I do think she should love it) and its easier, it will work out and people will like it!
    Thank you!!! I really like this idea, actually, I'm doing it! No specific reason, just a preference of mine based on experience. I tried so many names growing up I kinda lost the feeling that I'm Karissa, or any other name I ever tried. I get a little scared it'll do the same for her, but she's not me and we intend to keep calling her her real name, so I might as well let her get creative but not crazy with it. I love that she loves Izzie, the first thing I noticed when I moved here is that every person with a Is/Iz name, becomes an Izzie/Izzy/Issy/Issie at some point, so I guess that's going to happen anyway.