Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Need Opinions on these Floral Names!

Hiya berries! So, with your suggestions and with some research of my own I've come up with a new name list and could really feel like I need your help to sift through them and see which ones are better. This time around, I really want to go with a first name that fits better with Larkspur, because at this point I think her names sticks out in comparison to her siblings' more cohesive and classic first names.

Amaryllis: My trouble with this one is the Mary wedged in the middle, though it doesn't have the "Mary" pronunciation. I have a Theda Rosemary and Maria Marigold already... Would it be overkill?

Primrose: I love this one but would it be too repetitive since I have a daughter who's middle name is Rosemary?

Clementine: I'm beginning to fall in love with Clementine but worry it's still too tame in comparison to Larkspur.

Ornella: Awesome name, beautiful imagery, but other than the prospect of nickname Nell, doesn't excite me as much.

Delphine: Not precisely floral, but I think it's more a person's name than Delphinium. Could be a fun way to link this baby's name with Larkspur since they're different names for the same flower.

Camellia: I love Camellia because the flower is gorgeous and I love the Lady of the Camellias, Violetta from La Traviata and Camille, the movie.

Lavender: Am loving Lavender more and more, but slightly concerned it's too similar in sound to Larkspur, repeating initials is perfectly okay for us if it's the right name.

Magnolia: I love Magnolia, always have. The floral tree, the fragrance and Steel Magnolias, both versions. I love it!

Petunia: Has been a GP for years, but who knows, mine could be the first Petunia in generations lol.

Calendula: I absolutely love Calendula. It's a lovely and simple little flower, bright yellow and orange. I have loved this name for a long time!

Another name I find myself liking a lot but which isn't particularly floral is Belphoebe.

Help me out once again berries?
    Thanks!
    hugo vincent - larkspur cynthia - jasper wyatt
    theda rosemary - maria marigold - rupert willow
    & wilhelmina tulip

philomena tulip - chrysanthemum clara - gardenia cleo
    zenobia blossom - octavia tigerlily - agnes periwinkle
    aurelia dandelion - poppy philomena - sylvie nightingale

"in the end we'll all become stories"
    - margaret atwood

Ooh, you have got some great options!!! I have always liked Amaryllis and truly would never have noticed the repetition of "mar." I think this one works really well with the sibset, actually. I am starting to love Clementine too but I would agree that Larkspur is a little more unexpected. Camellia is my other favorite. The only downside might be confusion with Camilla, but I could definitely live with that to get Camellia. I like Lavender but I tend to agree it is just a little too similar to Larkspur. Magnolia is maybe a little closer to Maria's full name than I would prefer. Overall my two favorites for you are Amaryllis and Camellia. Good luck!

Edit: Originally I thought Delphine wasn't "floral enough" but hearing all the love for it, plus the connection to Larkspur's name, makes me love this one for you as well.
    Last edited by erin beth; June 14th, 2018 at 01:43 AM.
    Ellen Virginia * Audrey Cecilia * Edith Augusta * Claudia Jane * Sybil Josephine * Miriam Tess
    Nathaniel Franklin * Edmund Blaise * Timothy Augustine * Virgil Christopher * Luke Benedict

Also Liking: UNA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Daphne Verona *
    Louisa Catherine * May Genevieve * Lydia June * Ivy Charlotte * Ginevra Frances *

--------------
    Seamus
    --------------

Belpheobe is actually a really cool name, kinda quirky but lovely!

I also like Petunia, Magnolia and Delphine.

IMO Amaryllis and Primrose may be too close to your other girls names.

I like Camellia and Delphine best, just from their sounds.