Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

can't find a name a name we love

Problem is we don't absolutely love any of the names. And don't like that these are so popular. After searching so many names , what is the best advice to decide?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by roseb15; September 30th, 2018 at 07:21 PM.

I am sorry you are struggling. It sounds like you DO love calling her Livy or Livy Rose, so I would let that guide you you. It looks like Ava Olivia Rose will get you the name you feel fits your daughter on a daily basis. I would let go of the concern about popularity. Those are three beautiful classic names that will serve your daughter well. If it helps, I am a teacher and I have only met one Ava in my entire life. I have had classes with 4 Claires, 4 Graces, and numerous Maggies, Carolines, and Isabel/las. I have also had classes where half of the girls were named some variation of Catherine, but I could still imagine myself using Catherine for a daughter. I have taught lots of Emilys and I still adore that name. Popular names are popular for a reason.
    Ellen Virginia * Audrey Cecilia * Edith Augusta * Claudia Jane * Sybil Josephine * Miriam Tess
    Nathaniel Franklin * Edmund Blaise * Timothy Augustine * Virgil Christopher * Luke Benedict

Also Liking: UNA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Daphne Verona *
    Louisa Catherine * May Genevieve * Lydia June * Ivy Charlotte * Ginevra Frances *

Quote Originally Posted by roseb15 View Post
    So I've posted a couple times and got some great advice. We are changing our daughters name(3 months) from Avery [name_f]Ella[/n97ame_f] Rose to possibly Ava Olivia Rose"nn Livy Rose", Amelia Ava Rose... or ??? Ayla??

Problem is we don't absolutely love any of the names. And don't like that these are so popular. After searching so many names and obsessing over it, what is the best advice to decide? I want to be for sure when we do this change I do know I want to change it

Thanks in advance!
    I think that you need to step away from wanting to use an A name, and think about what it was about the name Avery that you liked so much for all those years. And then think about why you don't want to use it now. Do you like the fact that Avery is ancient or neutral name, but dislike its popularity? Then maybe look for names that are also gender-neutral, but outside of the top 50 or top 100 names.

Personally, I like Emery Ava Rose.

Good luck!
    Mommy to Audrey Jeanine and Ezra Marvin

Expecting Baby #3 April 2019

Jasper Lee or Violet Lenore

It sounds like you already call her Livy, so can you just go with Olivia Rose? Or maybe Liv Amelia Rose? It sounds like you have kind of a head/heart dilemma going on, so maybe try to think about what the most important thing about the name is to you. Realize nothing will be perfect (e.g. maybe it is perfect but it's also perfect for others so now too popular) and just pick the best thing you can find.
    Last edited by sarah1800; June 12th, 2018 at 06:20 PM.
    Greta Cecilia - Jane Wilhelmina - Audrey Emmeline - Margot Ines - Ramona Ruth
    Gabriel John - Arthur Nathaniel - Toby William - Frederick Ronan - Oscar Emanuel

Quote Originally Posted by jensowvlen View Post
    I think that you need to step away from wanting to use an A name, and think about what it was about the name Avery that you liked so much for all those years. And then think about why you don't want to use it now. Do you like the fact that Avery is ancient or neutral name, but dislike its popularity? Then maybe look for names that are also gender-neutral, but outside of the top 50 or top 100 names.

Personally, I like Emery Ava Rose.

Good luck!

Yes, I'm fine with stepping away with the a names. Just still seems like nothing we love. I guess I didn't mind that Avery was a popular name. But I just really dislike that it is gender neutral. I want more of a feminine name