Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Need feedback on a few "L" names

We are planning to name our daughter an "L" name after my dad. But I just can't find one that I'm in love with. After much agonizing, our top choices are:

- Leonie
    - Logan
    - Lenora (or Lenore)

I think Leonie is my favorite, but I'm a little apprehensive about giving her a name that most people in the US are unfamiliar with. Sometimes I love it, but then I start to doubt whether it's too strange or not pretty enough.

I like Logan too, but it took me a while to come around to it as a girl's name. Even now, it just sounds a little too harsh to me.

My husband likes Lenora or Lenore (he loves the nn Leni), but I haven't been able to get on board with either. Just not a fan of the Nora sound and they both sound very old to me. And I think we could call Leonie Leni for short.

Thoughts and feedback are appreciated!

Leonie is by far my favorite; I live in the US Midwest and I don't think many people here would have problems saying it, and you could absolutely get Leni as a nickname with it.
    Ophelia Grace "Poppy" ~ Evangeline Belle "Evie" ~ Amelia Winter ~ Lydia Ivy ~ Audrey Scarlett ~ Anneliese Joy "Annie" ~ Cecelia Kay "Cece" ~ Emie Quinn ~ Isla Wren ~ Eleanor Violet "Nellie"

Nathaniel Clark "Nate" ~ Oliver James ~ Maxwell Connor "Max" ~ Evan Parker ~ Alexander Seth "Alex" ~ Benjamin Andrew "Ben" ~ Declan Scott ~ Landon Joel ~ Theo Graham ~ Calvin Beckett

Leonie is my favorite of your options. I don't think there will be a lot of difficulty with pronunciation, but it is probably worth the occasional correction to use the name you love. Would spelling variations help to you to warm to some of the other names? I enjoy the Leonor spelling. It feels updated and cosmopolitan to me.
    Ellen Virginia * Audrey Cecilia * Edith Augusta * Claudia Jane * Sybil Josephine * Miriam Tess
    Nathaniel Franklin * Edmund Blaise * Timothy Augustine * Virgil Christopher * Luke Benedict

Also Liking: UNA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Daphne Verona *
    Louisa Catherine * May Genevieve * Lydia June * Ivy Charlotte * Ginevra Frances *

Quote Originally Posted by erin beth View Post
    Leonie is my favorite of your options. I don't think there will be a lot of difficulty with pronunciation, but it is probably worth the occasional correction to use the name you love. Would spelling variations help to you to warm to some of the other names? I enjoy the Leonor spelling. It feels updated and cosmopolitan to me.
    Thanks! I actually suggested Leonor a couple months ago, but my husband didn't like it. (He said it made him think of Eeyore..)

I adore Leonie!!! Lenora is nice, Logan is meh

Little Laddies
    Jude Emrys Calder
    Cyrus Finley Wolf
    Orion Jasper Elliot

Little Lassies
    Marlowe Vera Juniper
    Romilly Iris Elowen
    Willa Scarlett Marigold