Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Interesting replies, in France English/American names are also considered lower-class...

Lower-class in the States are names like Nevaeh, Treasure, Mackenzleigh, per the book "Freakonomics": "urban" names, hard-to-pronounce names, and misspelled names, Remington, Ruger, names with -leigh or -lynn added to them or changed to those.
    Aubrey|Finley|Theo|Leonidas|Owen|Nolan|Nicolai|Koa |Rory|Lincoln|James|Constantine|Brennan|Zane|Rowan | Sawyer|Boston|Lucien|Aurelius|Tennessee|Aurelien|R hys|Emrys|Soren|Osiris|Briar|Carsten|Cairo

Alara ~ Cecily ~ Coralie ~ Evadne ~ Adelie ~ Autumn ~ Liv ~ Caia ~ Eirian ~ Calista ~ Corinna ~ Reverie ~ Aura ~ Ember ~ Ayelet ~ Atarah ~ Lilavati ~ Ilaria ~ Naiara ~ Nova ~ Oriana ~ Arrow ~ Annora

Full List

George and Amal Clooney are classy and named thier daughter an "upper-class" timeless name, Ella. The Kardashians are about as low-class as can be, and have daughters named North, Dream, Chicago. That about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by susette View Post
    George and Amal Clooney are classy and named thier daughter an "upper-class" timeless name, Ella. The Kardashians are about as low-class as can be, and have daughters named North, Dream, Chicago. That about sums it up.
    Interesting. I think the name Ella is lovely, but to me it’s definitely a trendy choice right now — not necessarily timeless in the way that, say, Anna or Elizabeth is. It doesn’t strike me as particularly “upper-class” here in the UK, but maybe that’s different across the pond.
    J. M. (2015) + K. V. (2017) ♂
    ?? (Feb 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by katinka View Post
    Interesting. I think the name Ella is lovely, but to me it’s definitely a trendy choice right now — not necessarily timeless in the way that, say, Anna or Elizabeth is. It doesn’t strike me as particularly “upper-class” here in the UK, but maybe that’s different across the pond.
    Across the pond, Ella has been around for several hundred years, and never lost it's beauty or soul. For me, "upper class" names are akin to timeless beauties such as Anna and Elizabeth, Charlotte and Ingrid, Kate and Cecelia, Sophia and Vivienne, Caroline and Susannah, Catherine and Juliet. These are the types of names can't be attributed to a specific generation. I think Ella fits in there. Yes, it has become a bit more popular lately, but I don't think it's "trendy" nor will Ella forever be associated with the 2000's, like all the sur-name names, word names, nature names, misspelled names, and made-up names. Which, in my humble opinion are "low class."