Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Anyone else notice an increase in "Kit"?
    Wanda | 23 | I'm not half-assing two things, I'm at least quarter-assing four!

Abigael Abra Adele Agnes Akira Alexine Alice Amal Amber Amrei Aniko Anouk Antigone Aoife April Ariadne Arnika Asli Azalea Azura

Quote Originally Posted by wandarine View Post
    It's always been a NB favorite, but these days it's just everywhere! I don't mind it, though, Kit is great.
    There is a berry who has a Jem, and I think this one might rise, too.
    simon jude + roger laszlo + arthur valentine +
    hamish oscar + seymour jethro

romy alexandra + elizabeth iolanda + jane monet + gwenda poppy + effie muriel

Yes! I had mine a year ago, and now I feel like I’m seeing it everywhere, haha! It is a great name though (in my non-biased opinion ) and very much in the rise here in the UK. I absolutely love Jem too, so I’d like to see that one getting more love as well.
    J. M. (2015) + K. V. (2017) ♂
    ?? (Feb 2019)

I like watching the different names bubble up in the signatures! I don't think there's any shame in it or anything. Lark is one I see so often on here that I wondered whether it might have taken off in real life a little--the real data says no :-) I'm also part of the Jem trend, since the nickname I have in mind for my Jerome combo is Jem.

That said, should I have a real child to name at some point in the next few years, I can't really see using any one of my signature options--they're just for fun. Joan MyFamilyName HisFamilyName and/or Roger MyFamilyName HisFamilyName are the likeliest for-realsies names Oh...wait. Does that mean I'm on a mid-century bandwagon and didn't realize?? I don't really mind, since the Jennifer-Jessica-Ashley-Kate-Sarah/Mike-Matt-Chris-Dan-Dave level of popularity in my era just doesn't exist anymore (those 10 names cover half of my classmates and same-age coworkers, it always seems. In Britain, swap in Emma- Claire-Rebecca for the first three women, and Mark-James for Mike-Matt among the males...)
    current top ten

Joan | Marion | Ines | Maud | Winifred | Aphra | Susannah | Hermione | Lark | Eleanor

Roger | Jerome | Hugh | Chester | Fergus | Archibald | Griffith | Blaise | Cathal | Ivo

I was about to mention this! I adore Kit, and I was guilty for having him in my sig for a bit. Definitely feels like every other sig has a Kit haha.
    Jam|Fangirl|Historian|Biochemist|Single Pringle|20|Future mummy
    Dreaming of...
    Pandora Beatrix FaeCaspian Sherlock Walter • Artemis Valkyrie ClioPtolemy Lysander George
    Horatio Phoenix Arthur • Nikolai Emrys Altair • ProsperEphraimIndigoAugustCedrickAmbrose
    Evanthe Sylvia Cherry • Zenobia Hermione Blue • MarigoldLavenderGuinevereOlympiaCalista
    GuysGals
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end.”