Menu

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52
    Atticus Jon was born on March 27 at 5:12 pm! My midwives broke my water as an induction but I was still allowed to labor in the birth centre. It was a short 5 hour labor. I am so so so happy with our decision to get him out -- he was a massive 11lb 2oz (5.05kg) and 23 inches (59cm) long! Biggest baby the midwife had ever delivered. I am actually doing much better than after Rosie, zero complications except for a small bleed which has made me feel a bit weak. We were home from hospital 24 hours later. Baby boy is a champion and has just been feeding since he came out. My milk was in less than 48 hours later.

We had decided on Theodore in the weeks leading up to his birth. We were still saying Theodore when I was in labor. When he came out -- he just wasn't the Theodore we had imagined! So we fell back on Atticus and after a few days it feels right. Big name for a big kid. I am still set on Kit as a nickname but everyone else is saying Atticus in full, which isn't as cumbersome as I thought! Big Sister is so in love with him.

Mummy to Rosalie Lyra ("Rosie") 17.01.16
    and Atticus Jon ("Kit") 27.03.19

Congrats again! I can’t get over his weight, such a big healthy boy and you must be superwoman to get him out in 5 hours! Sounds like Atticus suits him down to the ground
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

Thank you!! It was insanely fast. It was 18 hours with Rosie, two of which were pushing (ended up needing vacuum assistance). So to have it happen in 5 hours was just crazy and unexpected. Can say I would take another 5 hour over 18 hour labor any day!

How is everyone doing with their babies? Is anyone still waiting or were we lucky last? I didn't realize how much of a readjustment the newborn stage would be!

Yes, 1-2 is an utterly crazy leap, hope you’re coping OK! 2-3 has honestly been nowhere near such a shock to the system. How is little Atticus doing? And how is Rosie adjusting?

Anouk is coming up for 6 weeks on Thursday. Crazy! She looks so much like her big sister and the older two absolutely adore her. She’s a sweet but headstrong little thing, and unfortunately as bad a sleeper as her older siblings were!
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

Sorry to hear Anouk isn't sleeping well! But I'm glad her siblings love her. Watching big siblings with baby is so heartwarming!

We are having the same issues here. Rosie is obsessed with her little brother and is overestimating her abilities to take care of him (wanting to pick him up by herself, etc) so we have to watch closely. She's also getting jealous - not because she wants to spend time with me, but because she wants to be with baby 24/7. We are working on the fact that he is a person and not a doll who will do whatever she wants all the time. Haha! He is also not sleeping at night, but he is doing some big stretches during the day. Trying to switch that around. He is consenting to being put down a lot more than she ever did. She spent her first 3 months of life on me whereas he is happy to sleep somewhat independently which is nice!

Just thought I would poke the thread and see how everyone is doing! How are the babies? Siblings? Mamas?

Atticus is five weeks old now and we are slowly getting into our new normal as my husband is back at work this week. I'm pretty sure baby is going through the 5 week leap - he has been extremely clingy and sleeping in 10 minute spurts during the day. Rosie has been great with him and is recognizing the limits of what she can do for him and has been letting me take care of him without complaint. But she is testing boundaries in other ways (has been a little brat to be honest!! Threenager alert). It has been exhausting. But the moments between the two of them have been fantastic. His first smile was for her and it made me melt.

But then there's the next-level sleep deprivation. Between the two of them I got 8 hours of sleep across three days last week. Then yesterday I was up at 2:30 for the day because from that point, the second one of them fell asleep the other would wake up. I figure it can only get better from here because I think we're at rock bottom. Tell me I'm not alone!

Also, I can't believe how different two siblings can be! I'm predicting that he is going to have a more serious, maybe quieter personality than his sister who is silly and loud and bossy and has no "off" switch. He is very content to just watch the world while she wanted to chat and interact more at this stage. And his favorite thing is to be outside looking around. What are your babies' personalities like?

I'd love to hear updates! I miss following this thread.

Great to hear from you! Atticus sounds like a lovely little chap

Anouk is a chatterbox! She is going to be a smart cookie like her big sister, I think. She’s a dinky little thing despite her reasonably big birthweight of 8lb, with big blue eyes (the others have brown) and a lovely sunny smile. The big two still adore her.

Sleep also a big issue in this house, however! Kit still wakes up at least once a night, and Anouk rarely goes longer than an hour between wakings (she’s 10w now), so you have my sympathy/empathy! I had hoped I’d finally get a sleeper this time — third time lucky, and all that — but sadly it wasn’t to be. I think it’s probably my (total lack of) daytime routine, but between the three of them I can’t really see a way of instigating one. The older two don’t nap anymore and need to go out to play and to various activities, so A basically sleeps on me in the baby carrier a lot in the day, and then the endless battle to get her down in her Moses basket at night rages on...
    ♀ J. M. (2015)
    ♂ K. V. (2017)
    ♀ A. H. (2019)

Northern lights, a huge congratulations on the safe arrival of Atticus Jon! He sounds like a calm and contented baby.

Edith is 11 weeks old tomorrow and the time has just flown! She is generally a happy and easygoing baby so we are very lucky. I bed share with her so sleep hasn’t been too bad. A few wake ups each night and I just latch her on for a feed and a cuddle and then back to sleep quite quickly. Big sister Maggie found everything very difficult at the start but is beginning to come around. We have some sweet moments to make up for all the other tricky bits.

Hope everyone is well! Sorry my reply is brief. I had written a very very long reply but then the Internet refreshed and I lost it and then Edie woke up so couldn’t write it all again!
    Last edited by bebe83; May 9th, 2019 at 09:45 AM.
    MRP 2016

EEP 2019

So good to hear from you both! Both babies sound absolutely adorable. @katinka I'm glad I'm not alone in the cranky sleep department. Ugh! I have been resorting to a second cup of coffee to get through the day this past week hoping it won't affect my milk too much. So tired. Atticus will only sleep on me as well. I was able to get him down a few times but only sleeping on his tummy so I sat there watching him the whole time which is really no different from him being on me in terms of getting stuff done. Ugh!

@bebe - I'm glad Maggie is doing better now! The pics you posted in the 2016 group are adorable. She looks like she is in love now! Rosie has been all over the place lately, never directed at him I guess but she is either testing boundaries or having meltdowns. Ugh. Good to know it can get better!

Hello all!

I know I'm late to the party, but wanted to share the safe arrival of my third baby on 4th Feb.

After a speedy labour, Cleo Susan was born at 4:20am on 4th Feb in water at home, and into my arms. The midwife arrived 5 minutes later!

She is little sister to Harrison Joseph and Piper Joy. My family is now complete!
    |Rebekah Leah|

×Harrison Joseph× ~February 2013
    ×Piper Joy× ~August 2014