Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the welcome @dotdraper and@kazooki!

@kazooki that's so funny, I would probably have chosen a January baby if I had any say in the matter! Shame we can't swap... February's always been my least favourite month, but hopefully that will change next year Sounds like you're having a rough time with sickness, sorry to hear that. Definitely don't worry about weight gain at the moment, just getting through the day having eaten seems like something to celebrate so be gentle with yourself!

@dotdraper I can totally understand why that must be nerve-wracking, but if your RE isn't worried try and trust that everything's fine. They say every pregnancy is different so as long as you're in normal range I'm sure it will be OK. Hope your next scan goes well this week.

Other than extreme tiredness my only symptoms so far are very slightly tender breasts and occasional mild queasiness, but nowhere near enough to be sick. Oh and I'm beginning to get a bit constipated! I'm torn between knowing I should enjoy this early stage before symptoms really kick off, and desperately wanting to feel something more dramatic so this pregnancy actually feels real. I'm almost 5 weeks now. First scan will be at 7 weeks at the end of June. Counting down the days!

I'll pop myself back in here. Approx 6 weeks with bub number 2 (first one is not quite 6 months old, so I will certainly have my hands full when number 2 arrives, but wouldn't have it any other way). Waiting on first scans etc which are next week. Super excited. No morning sickness so far (but I didn't have any with my son either), jst very, very tired.

@dotdraper, your RE does sound quite dramatic! I would try to focus on the fact that you were told you are in the normal range. What day is your next scan? Hope it gives you some peace of mind!

@lirio, I definitely understand wanting confirmation that the pregnancy was real. I felt that way despite throwing up etc lol. But it's real! You might have an easy pregnancy throughout and never get intense symptoms! 5 weeks is when the nausea moved in from me but everyone is different. I am hoping to be one the women who's symptoms stop early! Having potentially another full month of this is not appealing. The exhaustion is just as debilitating as the nausea in my opinion.

@irasuup
    Congrats!! and welcome I hope morning sickness stays far away from you with this little one as it did with your first.

As for me I am 8w+6d although my midwife's office is insisting that I should be going off of my LMP which actually would make me 9w+2d. Not a huge difference but they did give me the paperwork to schedule a dating ultrasound to get that cleared up. I am very pleased about this because otherwise they don't do ultrasounds until the anatomy scan!! As in no ultrasounds until approx 20 weeks! I would be way too impatient for that. It might be a little while before we can actually schedule the ultrasound though because I am trying to find a time so that we don't have to miss more work. We are closing on a house this week which has to be during business hours and my first appointment yesterday had to be scheduled during the afternoon because it is such a long one. It felt good to finally be seen by someone but I didn't receive any actual confirmation that everything is going well. They felt it was too early to try the doppler and they did take blood and urine samples but no results for a couple of days. Just have to keep faith that if something was wrong I would somehow know. (I keep reminding myself that missed miscarriages are very rare). I did like the midwife I met with, she was very supportive of the way I am managing my mental health diagnoses and I really felt that they would encourage me to prepare well for a med free birth. She also did make me feel better about my weight gain and although nutrition is very important to the practice (they ask you to keep a food log at one point), she said I shouldn't worry about it during the first trimester.

keep taking good care of yourselves ladies!
    Last edited by kazooki; June 12th, 2018 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typo
    excitedly e x p e c t i n g
    January 2019

Edwina Bliss
    Danaë CelesteOona AzureElowen Lumi

Cyprien Ezra
    Caspian ZephyrLudovic OswaldValentin Leo

@lirio- I know what you mean about feeling some obvious symptoms, but I think those count. Personally, I think my exhaustion is worse than nausea (though I'm not actually throwing up, either) and compounded by skipping caffeine. I left a concert early this week (2 songs into the headlining act) because they took too long between sets and my eyelids wouldn't just wouldn't stay open past 9:30pm. I drove home from a work trip last night and considered pulling over for a nap at 7. It's a 3 hour drive and I was 2 hours into it. BTW, my RE said no to the prilosec I wanted for the heartburn but did recommend Colace and Senna as safe for constipation during pregnancy.

@iraasuup- Congratulations and welcome!

@kazooki- 20 weeks??? That's the opposite problem to mine! I'm so glad they're getting you in for a dating scan. While I complain about each trip to the doctor making me a nervous wreck, it is nice to see your baby on the screen. Congratulations on the new house! And thank you for reminding us that missed miscarriages are rare. I needed that, personally-- it is currently my biggest fear.

I have ANOTHER scan today (7w5d) and I am so hopeful that everything looks good. I would love to be released from the RE to a regular OBGYN. I think it will feel like a graduation back to the real world from the land of infertility. Fingers crossed. We leave for vacation on Friday and won't be here next week for another scan so I don't know what happens if they really want to keep monitoring me weekly.

@dotdraper let us know how your scan goes! I hope it looks good and you can "graduate" as you say, to regular care. Although regular care can make you feel quite abandoned, just a warning! Have a wonderful vacation! And thank you, becoming homeowners is exciting and nerve-wrecking. I will be happy to be done with all the bank paperwork and administrative things and move on to challenges like packing up our apartment which seems much more manageable (especially since we have 6 weeks to go until we move).

Our ultrasound is scheduled for Monday morning (so much for not taking off more work lol, the hours of the place we were referred to are much worse than I expected). I am so impatient to finally get some confirmation that something is going on in there! My blood results came back but HCG is not something that they tested for. I am apparently vitamin D deficient and have a high white blood cell count. (Dr Google says this is common in pregnancy) the midwives have not called me so I assume they are not worried about this.

I am having a really hard time focusing on anything I am supposed to be doing today! I just want to read reviews of baby products, shop for baby clothes, and read stories of women going through pregnancy. We are on a strict budget and will not be purchasing anything for future baby for months and its taking a lot of will power not to give into impulse shopping. Anyone else?
    excitedly e x p e c t i n g
    January 2019

Edwina Bliss
    Danaë CelesteOona AzureElowen Lumi

Cyprien Ezra
    Caspian ZephyrLudovic OswaldValentin Leo