Menu
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sister for Theodore?

Baby girl is due end of April and having trouble settling on a name. My son is Theodore, but mostly goes by Teddy or Theo.

We prefer names that are less common. We are currently leaning towards Emmy (or Emme) with Winter as a middle name.

Other first names we like are Emerson, Gwen, Everly, Mila but I don't know if they really go with Theodore.

Would prefer to use a name that isn't already in the family so that excludes Charlotte, Isla, Quinn, Amelia, Bronte.

Any thoughts on our choices so far or any other name ideas?

Theodore and Emmy feels a bit off, stylistically--how about Emmeline with Emmy as a nickname?

Names that 'go with' Theodore to me: Eleanor, Esther, Hazel, Rose

Agree that Emmeline with Emmy as a nn fits better with Theodore. Others you can get Emmy from are Emanuelle, Emerald/Emeraldina, Emmalou, Esmaralda

Other suggestions:
    Theodore and Margot
    Theodore and Abigail
    Theodore and Nora
    Theodore and Aurora
    Theodore and Beatrice
    Theodore and Arden
    Theodore and Gwyneth/Gwendolyn (Gwen as the nn)
    Theodore and Esme
    Theodore and Maeve
    Theodore and Aveline
    Theodore and Imogen
    Theodore and Penelope

Assuming you still want the middle name Winter, I especially like Emmeline Winter, Margot Winter, Aurora Winter, Gwendolyn Winter, and Aveline Winter.
    Archimedes Theodore 08/22/2016

Oleander Peregrine, Viridian Leopold?

Vote on my boy names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ptolemy Claude-Yves, Bartholomew Daedalus, Montgomery Belvedere, Hyperion Nightingale, Ignatius Voltaire, Dorian Alphonse.

Isadora Eponine, Persephone Rosamund?

Vote on my girl names [here].

Names we aren't using:
    Ophelia Winter-Wren, Cornelia Beatrix, Euphemia Magdalen, Octavia Winifred, Honora Xanthe, Diantha Yvaine, Galatea Antionette, Lamia Odette.

Emmy is very sweet but I also feel in this case it needs to be from a longer name: Emilia, Emily, Emmeline, Emerald. I also like Gwen with Teddy/Theo, but same with this: a longer form would sit nicely next to Theodore/Teddy. Guinevere, Gwendolen, Gwenyth. I'm not so keen on your others.

I second the suggestions of Abigail, Beatrice, Imogen, Penelope.

Matilda
    Tabitha
    Beatrix
    Edwina
    Rowena
    Jemima
    Louisa
    Philippa
    Florence
    Harriet
    Annabel

To match with Theo

Geneviève nn Gen
    Penelope nn Penny
    Victoria nn Vicky

I think longer names would match better with Theodore. So I think Emmeline would be cute!