Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I think they will adjust to whatever way you raise them. I am the oldest of six.. I am almost seventeen and the littlest is one. I share a room with my two sisters (15 & 12) and my two brothers (9 & 3). I've grown up sharing a room. Having bedtime prayers, reading, and giggling/chatting in bed. I think that if you show them that it can be a great gift to have such an opportunity to share a room with their siblings, they will enjoy it too. I have days I feel like I need 'space' but I am so blessed to be around my siblings and pour into their lives. My parents also make sure we have areas for our things.. we have a 'bunk room' for all the beds and then us teen girls have a room for decoration/music/clothes... whatever else. I think it is what you make it.
    "Mightier than the waves of the sea is His love." Psalm 93:4

Ember Lynn - Indie Mae - Coralie Wren - Brinley Faye - Loxley Rose - Teagan Elizabeth
    Wilder Reed - Archer Wade - Dakota James - Brenner Jude - Hayden Rhett - Ridge Matthew

I think it is what you make it. You can make it a fun experience and let each person add their own taste to the room, or whatever is needed! I'm 17 and I have 5 siblings: three sisters [15, 12, 1] and two brothers [9 & 3]. I share with 4 of them. It's a sleepover and we all have a close bond!
    "Mightier than the waves of the sea is His love." Psalm 93:4

Ember Lynn - Indie Mae - Coralie Wren - Brinley Faye - Loxley Rose - Teagan Elizabeth
    Wilder Reed - Archer Wade - Dakota James - Brenner Jude - Hayden Rhett - Ridge Matthew

I don't have kids, but I had a sibiling who was quite a bit younger (5.5 years) that we voluntarily shared rooms from time to time.

We always had our own rooms, but from the time she was a toddler she often would sleep in bed with me. I got a bunk bed because I wanted one when I was probably about 8, and she would still come into my room to sleep on the bottom bunk. Her room ended up functioning essentially as a playroom until we moved. Then we shared the "upstairs" of the house. It was situated in a way that our rooms were on either end of a hallway, and there was a shared bathroom in the middle (not quite a Jack and Jill, but a similar idea).

It was nice as we got older, and wanted to hang out with each other (playing video games, coloring, etc.) but we had our "separate corners" to retreat to when we were getting on each others nerves. Sometimes if the summer got too hot we converted our dad's basement office into our "third" bedroom. This went on until I was probably almost 17 and she was 11/12. But we've always had a close relationship, despite the age difference.
    Bjorn Knox
    Jasper Lorenz
    Titus Andrew
    Jonah Oliver
    Arlo Maxim
    Seren Juniper Snow
    Esme Opal Belle
    Signe Hazel
    Cleo Simone
    Arabella Wren