Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    You might want to look into your local county rules when it comes to fostering and if the child needs a room to themselves. I have never fostered myself, but I have heard of some states/counties that have varying requirements.

noa june. tessa heather. elena virginia. bria harbor. hallie florence. cleo evangeline. isadora kate.
    greyson matthew. nolan robert. sullivan david. stetson wyatt. milo lee. leland elliot. conrad james.

Our 3 year old and 9 year old sons share. They love it. The 9 year old will get his own room in 2-3 years when the soon-to-arrive son is ready to be more permanently in his own bed. Then the middle and youngest will share. We have enough room that they will be able to split before the eldest leaves if they want. Otherwise they'll split out into their own rooms when he leaves.
    *Mother to Gabriel Christian, Emrys Atticus, and Godric Nickleby*

The girls that got away: Elowen, Clara, Verity, Marie

I always had to share until my older sister (who had her own room, I shared with my younger sister) moved out when I was 16. There's 2 and a half years between me and my younger sister, I didn't mind it, but it was annoying when we grew up because we had to have the same bedtimes and that drove preteen me insane. I am glad I have my own room now, I don't live with either of them anymore though. We were closer growing up but we bickered a lot, being together so much in one small space made us argue about anything and everything. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but we don't get along as well now as me and my older sister (who had her own room) do. Ever since we had our own rooms we could give each other space and that's what we've been doing for the past 5 years lol.

eryn ∙ twenty-one ∙ united kingdom
    lover of crime shows, making lists and researching serial killers

autumnal names.
    aurelia ivy ∙ saffron libra ∙ octavia hazel ∙ aluma willow
    zea marigold ∙ amber autumn ∙ olive sienna ∙ aspen ceres
    rowan sage ∙ cedar auburn ∙ archer forrest ∙ rory hawthorne
    jack radley ∙ hunter linden ∙ oakley carmine ∙ cormac blaze

I would take your children's personalities into consideration. I'm very introverted and loathed sharing a bedroom with my sister as a small child. My parents gave me my own room at age 9 because I'd taken to hiding in closets or the garage to get away from everyone.

I wouldn't ask a child over the age of 12 to share a bedroom with a much younger sibling unless necessary. At that point you want privacy.

We have three bedrooms in the house we currently live in. My DH and I share the biggest room with Lola (1), who is still too young to sleep by herself, and my older daughters share the medium-sized bedroom. They are very close in age and get on well with each other, so they don't mind sharing at all. Una (almost 7) and Mariam (just turned 5) have a bunk bed, which is great for a number of reasons: 1) it saves a lot of space so we were able to put a wardrobe, two desks and an armchair in the room 2) it's every kid's dream bed 3) it can be easily turned into a castle, which is especially great when you have two children who are obsessed with Disney.
    When Lola gets older, we want to move her to the smallest bedroom. If we ever have a fourth child, she will have to share it with him/her unless we move into a bigger house.
    Last edited by layla and the flowers; April 1st, 2018 at 12:35 PM. Reason: posted too soon
    my beautiful flowers
    Una + Mariam + Lola

cautiously expecting number four
    • Yasmine • Noemi • Daria • Coral
    • Basil • Ariel • Iskandar • Zain

thinking about...
    Ruby Shoshannah & Ivan Zakaria