Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Five weeks to go and still no name. Feedback on our shortlist please.

Hi all,

My husband and I are having a tough name agreeing on a boy name for baby #3, who is due next month.

So far we both like Xavier, although we have some concerns about divergent pronunciations. (We would pronounce it with the "X" sound.)

We also like Atticus. I'm not thrilled about the racist connotation thanks to "Go Set A Watchman," but I kind of feel like the "To Kill A Mockingbird" Atticus trumps the "Go Set A Watchman" version of the character. I wonder if the name sounds a little pretentious though?

We like Levi, but we plan to use the middle name Lee and I'm not fond of the alliteration.

In general we like names that are somewhat unusual but not unheard of. I think all of the above names are a little more common that we would like, but I'm not overly concerned about that. What I really don't want is a name that is too trendy and will sound dated in a few years time.

Last name is one syllable, starting with T and ending with S. Siblings are Ezra and Ophelia.

Other names that have been considered and rejected for one reason or another:
    Miles
    Tobias
    Jude
    Josiah
    Malcom
    Heath
    Isaac

So far I'm leaning toward Xavier, but feedback and other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

I like Levi if you can find another middle. Xavier is nice but I would guess the Z pronunciation and don't like the X one as much. I do find Atticus a little pretentious since it's such an obscure name other than TKAM.

Other suggestions:

Amos
    Asher
    Felix
    Horatio
    Jasper
    Julian
    Ivan
    Milo
    Otto
    Sebastian
    Greta Ines - Jane Willa - Nina Cecilia - Naomi Josephine - Willa Genevieve
    Milo Gabriel - Arthur Sebastian - Toby William - Frederick Ronan - Oscar Emanuel

Of the names you mentioned Atticus is my favorite. I love the way Ezra, Ophelia, and Atticus flows!

A few others that I like with your other kiddos:
    Wilder
    Griffin
    Sullivan
    Truitt
    Graham

currently swooning over:
    sawyer kate | everly gray | tatum brielle | lachlan capri | parker calloway
    brooks davis | cole bennett | hudson clark | callum mccray | griffin hayes

This is tough. Of your choices, my favorite is Levi with a different middle name. I understand your reservations about Atticus. I would pronounce Xavier with a "z" instinctively. Might you like:

Gabriel
    Zachary
    Micah
    Ezekiel nn Zeke
    Abram
    Alec
    Raphael
    Ellen Virginia * Audrey Cecilia * Edith Augusta * Claudia Jane * Sybil Josephine * Miriam Tess
    Nathaniel Franklin * Edmund Blaise * Timothy Augustine * Virgil Christopher * Luke Benedict

Also Liking: UNA MUIRGHEAL * Siobhan Brigid * Cassandra Niamh * Daphne Verona *
    Louisa Catherine * May Genevieve * Lydia June * Ivy Charlotte * Ginevra Frances *

So Xavier works perfectly well with Ezra and Ophelia, but I like the literary connection for Atticus, Ophelia and Ezra.
    Proud Mama to Brynn Elizabeth (3/2014)
    Expecting baby #2 (10/2018)

Clara Valentine ~ Cecelia Rose ~ Sylvia Jane ~ Louisa Violet ~ Millicent Louise ~ Lydia Genevieve~Agatha Clare

Jude Henry ~ Magnus Lucien ~ Frederick Hobbes ~ Isaac Alistair ~ Hugo Julian ~ Calvin Robert ~ Franklin Joseph

Names We're Considering for Baby #2....

Beatrix for a girl and Calvin or Jude for a boy

Searching for middles