Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hi everyone!

@Jools, that's a tough situation - make sure you're taking care of yourself. That's a lot of demands on your body, especially with the sickness. Kudos to you for continuing to BF for as long as possible!

As for public feeding, I was careful to be discreet the first time round but this time, quite honestly, I've got enough going on without worrying about whether I flash someone a bit of boob! I tend to have oversupply issues in the beginning and there is just no way to feed discreetly when your baby is coughing and spluttering and milk is going everywhere. I just take a huge supply of muslin cloths wherever I go because they can cover a multitude of sins!

@lainy Amazing! I have a good friend who is still breastfeeding her 18m old twins, so it can be done! And they're her 4th and 5th children... I'm in total awe of her.

Your body is an amazing thing and milk production is all a question of supply-demand, so it's very unlikely that you will be unable to produce enough for your two little ones as long as you put them to the breast regularly, whenever they show feeding cues (LOTS, in the beginning!).

You can start pumping as soon as your milk comes in and it's safe to keep for up to 6m in the freezer. Pumping can be hard and time-consuming work and if you're really committed to doing it, it's worth investing in a hospital-grade electrical pump to make it as easy and efficient as possible. It's also worth checking if there is a local clinic/breastfeeding support group/multiple births group near you that offers breastpumps on loan or for hire - some do so it's always well worth checking before you shell out on an expensive pump.

@girlywhirly We co-sleep sometimes too - K is nigh on impossible to put back down in his cot once he's woken for the first time. I'm sure part of his frequent waking is that he can smell/feel that I'm near and he just fancies a snack! Kit doesn't do the feet thing put he does punch me in the face and neck SO HARD. He's a little brute!
    J. M. (2015) + K. V. (2017) ♂

Great idea!

I'm 24 years old and currently breastfeeding my daughter (almost 10 months). We've had a ridiculously easy BF journey; I've never been sore and she never had troubles latching on. I'm super grateful for that. She eats normal food as well and loves it, but still drinks lots of milk during the day. I started working part-time two weeks ago (only two days a week) and am lucky enough that my job is only five minutes away from home. I live in a very BF friendly country, so during the working day I get one hour off (paid) to breastfeed if necessary. She has already been by my job several times and charmed all my colleagues
    mommy of L.E
    Wilhelm ⋅ Samuel ⋅ Alfred // Elinor ⋅ Gabriella ⋅ Alma

@daphodil *wave* great to hear from you! We were in the same due date thread with L and K I’m glad she’s doing well and BF has been smooth sailing for you both. It’s important to acknowledge that, although problems are totally normal and at times unavoidable, it’s not always a struggle and nursing can be a real pleasure!

A quick q for you: at 10 months, do you feel like you’re in a fairly regular pattern with the feeds now or not? K is still all over the place and I can’t remember what J was like at this stage.

@katinka - hi there! Good to see another mama from our birth thread. Sophie is almost 9 months now and I am in the same boat with nursing at night. Sophie wakes up constantly to nurse and it is most definitely for comfort. Trying to break that cycle too but for her if I unlatch her she just cries and screams, even if I cuddle with her. Hoping that this phase will pass soon. This Mama could use some sleep. I think I actually get less sleep than my friend who has a newborn bc of her desire to nurse constantly at night.
    Mama to Isla Mae (11/25/14) & Sophie Ruth (5/2/2017)

Names I love ...
    The Ladies
    *Vera Kate *Daphne Ann *Gemma Claire *Lucy Charlotte
    The Gentlemen
    *Colin Wade *August Henry *Jasper Owen *Emmett Flynn

Guilty Pleasure
    *Evangeline Lark *Rosalie Aurora
    *Dmitri Blake *Woodrow Vincent

Hi @jtucker! Yep, I'm in the same boat. My friend's 6-week-old sleeps better than Kit, haha...aaargh!