Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Just realized I haven't popped back onto this thread in a long time! I'm 22 weeks + 3 days right now and this second trimester seems to be flying by...I think it's because I was so anxious during the first trimester that time seemed to drag leading up to the 13/14 week mark. We are staying team green which makes baby naming twice as hard.
    Texan through & through

Married to my precious gentle giant

Expecting our first baby in October 2018

Baby name choices are on lockdown but we have a little velveteen bunny called Lillian Toast

Kibby, I take 1/2 a unisom with a B6 pill every night, and it definitely helps! I'm due the day after you, and I also feel like the sickness has peaked this week. It really usually does get better!

As for finding out the sex, with Vera I tried to resist, but when it came time to check at the 20w ultrasound, I just couldn't resist! My husband wanted a surprise, so I promised to try to do that this time, but I caved once and I feel like I probably will this time too (I think he's also realized this). Our compromise was that only we knew the sex, but we didn't tell anyone until after she was born and named. My mom had such a hard time with that! But, it saved us from a lot of extra pink clothing, and we were able to get lots of gender neutral items to use again later.

I go back and forth about this regularly, knowing was such a relief! But having that be a surprise on the big day would also be so amazing.
    -J.C.

Mom to Vera Catherine
    Expecting #2 12-26-18

Current loves-
    Claire Rosemary, Etta Juliet, Zara Elayne
    Walter John, Arthur Thomas, Gideon James

Quote Originally Posted by teacherlady View Post
    Kibby, I take 1/2 a unisom with a B6 pill every night, and it definitely helps! I'm due the day after you, and I also feel like the sickness has peaked this week. It really usually does get better!
    @Kibby, I just wanted to pop in and second this. I started having morning sickness around 6 weeks, and I was miserable until I started taking Unisom. I was still really sick, but it definitely made days more manageable. You can take it with B6 supplements, or with prenatal vitamins that contain B6. Hopefully you aren't like I was with morning sickness, though. I was extremely sick and didn't start gaining weight until I was about 20w. The only thing worse than being sick @ 20w is having EVERYONE say things like "wow it should have ended by 14 weeks!" or "just eat/drink this...."
    Brett Taylor | Microbiology Graduate Student | Married to my best friend since 3.11.16
    Baby Scarlett Rose due September 13, 2018!

Potential baby names:

Emmeline | Maeve

Oliver | Holden | Archer | Vincent | Emerson

Thanks for the tip ladies!! Things seemed to be on an upswing over the weekend and I thought maybe it was drawing to an end but today I feel just as bad again. At least I was able to enjoy a couple days!
    I can imagine how crazy frustrating that must have been to hear Brett!!! I would have had to exercise some serious self control to not get snippy with people. Morning sickness doesn’t seem to be as easy to deal with as some people think! What works one day doesn’t necessarily work the next! I hope everything is going better for you now! I love the name you have chosen!

We have our twelve week ultrasound on Friday so I am really looking forward to seeing baby again. I am officially 12 weeks tomorrow so the first trimester is drawing to a close finally!

{sleep wake hope and then}
    e.e cummings

TTC Our First
    Hoping on a Rainbow
    —————
    7w6d - 6w - 4w - 12w
    Patience - Opal - Hope - Haven
    Always with me.

@kibby Things are a lot better now, but I'm hoping people are wrong about morning sickness returning in the 3rd trimester! I absolutely hate nausea/vomiting, so those 14/15 weeks of it were awful. I hope yours starts letting up really soon.
    Brett Taylor | Microbiology Graduate Student | Married to my best friend since 3.11.16
    Baby Scarlett Rose due September 13, 2018!

Potential baby names:

Emmeline | Maeve

Oliver | Holden | Archer | Vincent | Emerson