View Poll Results: Would you like more Q&A's like this? (not all about books though)

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bookish Q & A

@maerad: Ah, how could I forget The Pellinor Series! I loved it, but my mother got rid of some of my books when I moved out, and they were on the chopping block
    Alyssa

1in8. TTC #1 for 2 years, 5 months and counting...

Forever believing for Lilah June, Ada Rosemary, or Bennett Dale <3

Quote Originally Posted by namergirl3 View Post
    @maerad: Ah, how could I forget The Pellinor Series! I loved it, but my mother got rid of some of my books when I moved out, and they were on the chopping block
    That's a shame! They're my go to books when I just need a comfort read. She's now written a prequel called the Bone Queen (about Cadvan's past) and a very short story set after the last book - though she indicated that it might turn into a longer book over time.
    Hufflepuff. PhD Student. Cat Lover.
    Alice Siofra. Eliza Avery. Mira Frances. Cleo Marigold. Rhea Naomi.
    Isaac Ruari. Lucas Avery. Elliot Fergus. Russell William. George Sebastian.

The guilty pleasures:
    Annabeth Sparrow. Thessaly Rialta. Eira Solstice. Simon Everest. Hugo Prosper. Benedict Quest.

Names which honour loved ones are in italics.

1. Your current favourite book?

I'll be honest, I haven't read anything recently, but the last one I read and thoroughly enjoyed was Me Before You - Jojo Moyles! I love it!

2. Favourite book of all time?

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

3. Least favourite book of all time?

Animal Farm - George Orwell

4. What book/s can you not live without?

My Jane Austen treasury!

5. What book/s that you rave about?

The Winnie Years series by Lauren Myracle, The Clique series by Lisi Harrison, and the Georgia Nicholson diaries by Louise Rennison - all were favourites of mine when I was younger that I still enjoy reading today! Also, Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding. They're brilliant.

6. An author/s that you dislike/hate?

I'm not too sure that there's any I hate, but I'm not a fan of the Bronte sisters at all.

7. An author/s you like/love?

Jane Austen, Louise Rennison, Lisi Harrison & Lauren Myracle.

8. What do you do to get through a reading slump?

I often take a break until it interests me again and start fresh with a book!

9. Favourite genre?

Coming-of-age (does that count??)/Historical

10. Least favourite genre?

Science Fiction

11. Favourite series?

The Winnie Years - Lauren Myracle

12. Least favourite series?

Hmm, I was never really fond of The Little House on the Prairie books (but I did love the spin-off series about Caroline, Martha and Charlotte!)

13. Longest series you own?

Are we talking in terms of volumes/books in a series?? If so, probably the Our Canadian Girl series? It was a massive thing when I was in elementary school. I started reading at a very young age and I used to be a very advanced reader in school - I was usually 2-3 grade levels ahead of where I "should" have been sitting at. I started reading these when I was about 6 and I devoured every single one of the books as they came out! The following year, my teacher gave me a copy of one of them to start my collection, and now I'm up to four I believe, but in total there's 46 ??

14. Favourite quote?

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." - Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

15. Favourite character/s?

Elizabeth Bennet, Georgia Nicholson, Bridget Jones, & Mark Darcy.

16. Least favourite character/s?

Lydia Bennet and Caroline Bingley.

17. Do you read ‘classics’?

Some, yes!

18. Do you read Fanfiction?

I used to write it, haha! The one I wrote on a One Direction site back when I was about 16-17 ended up being one of the site's most popular stories for a period of time ( I'm not even sure if the site is still up and running though!).

19. Favourite book turned movie?

Definitely the Harry Potter series or Me Before You.

20. Least favourite book turned movie?

Hmm, perhaps A Walk to Remember? I like both separately, but they just don't hold up comparatively to one another.

21. OTP?

Eliza Bennet & Mr. Darcy, (or Bridget Jones and Mark Darcy!!)

22. Do you like ebooks?

No, there's something about the feel of an actual book that I much prefer!

23. Do you use ebooks?

Not particularly.

24. Paperback or Hardback?

Paperback, it's far cheaper, lol!

25. Do you use a library?

I used to, but I moved about 6 months ago and haven't gotten around to getting a library card for the new one in my area.

26. Do you want to be an author or are you content to just be a reader?

I studied Journalism in college and have an honours diploma in it, so I'd definitely like to become a writer of some kind, just not necessarily a book author. I'm more of an investigative news journalist/beauty journalist.

27. Do you have any books already written by you?

No.

28. Book/s that made you cry?

Lol, Me Before You, hands down! There was also one I read when I was about 15 by Lurlene McDaniel, but I can't remember the name - all of her books made me cry though!!

29. Do you use bookmarks a lot?

Always!

30. Who is the first character you remember connecting with?

I believe it was Elizabeth from the Sweet Valley High books!

31. The book you're reading right now is being adapted. Who would you cast?

Hmm, it's already become a film, and I feel like Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin were phenomenal as Louisa and Will, so I'll cast the Winnie years series instead;

Winnie - Millie Bobby Brown
    Lars - Peyton Meyer

32. Would you ever name a child after a book character?

Probably not.

33. Is there a character name that will stop you from reading a book?

No, I've never had that happen before.

34. What is a trait you can't stand in a character?

Usually someone who's catty and spiteful (like Caroline Bingley).

35. What is a trait you love in a character?

I love when a character is an individual - they don't try to fit in and they aren't anything stereotypical.

I'll come back to answer the rest later!!
    hockey players have fire in their hearts and ice in their veins

Logan / Parker / Brayden / Connor / Auston
    Cale / Cameron / Dallas / Graysen / Jaxon
    Evan / Mackenzie / Mason / Preston / Kayson
    Morgan / Taylor / Ryan / Sawyer / Tanner

Ashton / Logan / Quinn / Zoey / Parker
    Lennox / Aubree / Brinley / Collins / Destiny
    Jordyn / Journee / Navy / Remington / Rylee
    Saylor / Whitley / Addison / Laikynn / Landry

#humboldtstrong

Quote Originally Posted by thishollywoodgirl View Post
    5. What book/s that you rave about?
    The Clique series by Lisi Harrison

30. Who is the first character you remember connecting with?

I believe it was Elizabeth from the Sweet Valley High books!
    I was thinking about The Clique as I was writing my response but didn’t know where I would put it! Not necessarily one of my favorite series of all time, but I certainly enjoyed it in middle school. Did you ever read the spin-off series about Skye Hamilton? I believe it was called The Alphas, or something like that. Not as good as The Clique but I enjoyed it.

I also was obsessed with the Sweet Valley Twins but I only was able to find the books from when they were younger, when the series was Sweet Valley Twins and Friends. My fourth grade teacher had this book that I adored about them on Christmas when they were younger. It was completely absurd, now that I think about it, but it was my favorite book at the time. Basically they received these matching dolls for Christmas along with a riddle. The dolls were actually princes from another world who were cursed, and the only way for the curse to be broken was for a set of identical twins to figure out the answer to the riddle at the same time but in different places (the girls were in their separate rooms). When it happened, they were sent to this other world, where there’s magic, to help the princes get their kingdom back. Of course, the girls were sent to opposite sides of the kingdom, and the princes they received would have been much better suited for the other girl. Jessica’s prince was shy and smart, and Elizabeth’s was dramatic and arrogant.
    Waddup, I’m Abby, I’m 19, and I never learned how to read.

Disney Movies: The Classic Era (1937-1988)
    Anastasia Lilou | Alice Mireia | Marie Adele | Adelaide Yara | Bianca Everly
    Snow Lavinia | Blue Vivienne | Flora Winifred | Bruno Xavier | Louis Vincent
    Peter Alden | Arthur Damien | Taran Jasper | Roscoe Caspian | Winston Asa

“Now think of the happiest things. It’s the same as having wings.” -Peter Pan, 1953

💜

Quote Originally Posted by thishollywoodgirl View Post
    1. Your current favourite book?

I'll be honest, I haven't read anything recently, but the last one I read and thoroughly enjoyed was Me Before You - Jojo Moyles! I love it!

2. Favourite book of all time?

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

Me Before You is SO good! And I agree that the film adaption was very good, missed a few things but nothing massively integral. I cried so much. Have you read After You (the sequel) or The One Plus One (might have a different name in North America). Gosh, The One Plus One had me crying with laughter one moment and sobbing for the characters the next, amazing!

Also, I love Pride and Prejudice. Truly excellent book!

I hope everyone is having a lovely new year
    Hufflepuff. PhD Student. Cat Lover.
    Alice Siofra. Eliza Avery. Mira Frances. Cleo Marigold. Rhea Naomi.
    Isaac Ruari. Lucas Avery. Elliot Fergus. Russell William. George Sebastian.

The guilty pleasures:
    Annabeth Sparrow. Thessaly Rialta. Eira Solstice. Simon Everest. Hugo Prosper. Benedict Quest.

Names which honour loved ones are in italics.