Menu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    lookingahead Guest
    Ha ha! We're clearly terrible people. All three, including the current, have been "it" or "the baby"

We were team green with our first, so we called him Plum (funny story behind it) and Munchkin. With this baby, so far I'm calling it Posey.
    Walter Theodore
    March 2016

Edmund Ernest
    June 2018

With my daughter, I called her Bug. Like a little ladybug! I have no clue where it's come from but it's definitely stuck, and she still answers to Bug or Bugs. When she was a toddler, she went by Bree Bugs.

I love it, I even have a little ladybug tattoo with 5 dots (she was born on the 5th). I got some strange looks when I referred to the baby as Bug though.... some people obviously weren't thinking about cute little ladybugs.
    ♡ Brianna Katherine Rose ♡ June 2011

♡ Jasper James Peregrine "Jace" ♡ Sebastian Ezra Tolkien ♡ Tristan Casimir Grey ♡ Caspian Hugo James ♡ Alistair Peregrine Frey ♡
    ♡ Astrid Valentina (Ruri?)
    ♡ Cosima Violet "Kit" ♡ Juliet Andromeda ♡ Ariadne __?
    Glittering gemstones

♡ Isabella Ruri Ottilia ♡ Anaïs Josephine Marit ♡ Romilly Cordelia Iolite ♡
    ♡ Rosalie Sapphira Lumi ♡ Esmeralda Cassia Lys ♡ Coralie Emma Lilliet ♡
    ♡ Cosima Peridot Isolde ♡ Sarai Elizabeth Lazuli ♡

Quote Originally Posted by lookingahead View Post
    Ha ha! We're clearly terrible people. All three, including the current, have been "it" or "the baby"
    I'm far worse... I used to wind my mother up because she hated the baby being called "it" (and I'm a horrible daughter) so I used "it" all the time. "It" also stuck and when she was a toddler, she started using it to describe herself :')
    "What's the matter, Brianna?"
    "It's hungry!"

At 5 years old though, when she found out her auntie was pregnant, she exclaimed "Mummy! I can be COUSIN IT now!" (Big Addams family fans)
    Still makes me laugh!

(Disclaimer: I love her very much, she just goes by a series of truly embarrassing nicknames and It is one of them. If she didn't like it, I'd stop)
    ♡ Brianna Katherine Rose ♡ June 2011

♡ Jasper James Peregrine "Jace" ♡ Sebastian Ezra Tolkien ♡ Tristan Casimir Grey ♡ Caspian Hugo James ♡ Alistair Peregrine Frey ♡
    ♡ Astrid Valentina (Ruri?)
    ♡ Cosima Violet "Kit" ♡ Juliet Andromeda ♡ Ariadne __?
    Glittering gemstones

♡ Isabella Ruri Ottilia ♡ Anaïs Josephine Marit ♡ Romilly Cordelia Iolite ♡
    ♡ Rosalie Sapphira Lumi ♡ Esmeralda Cassia Lys ♡ Coralie Emma Lilliet ♡
    ♡ Cosima Peridot Isolde ♡ Sarai Elizabeth Lazuli ♡

My DH and I called our little girl Peanut before we knew what we were having and had a name picked out. My mom called her Lima Bean/Bean for a while. Now she calls her Beanie Bug. My DH and I just call her by her name now.
    Chelsee ~ 30 ~ wife and mom of one human child and two furbabies
    Adley Rose* 1/13/18

**The Ever-Changing List of Names I Enjoy**
    Dahlia Noelle | Arden Elise | Maggie Jane/Maggie Louise | Felicity Wren | Greer Elaine | Bryn Acacia
    John Leland | Bowen John/Bowen Everett John | Rowan Rhys | Everett McCoy | Logan Wolf | Cade Anson | Callum Finch

**Guilty Pleasures/Unusable Loves**
    Gwyneira | Magdalena | Niamh | Eilidh | Marley | Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by bugberry View Post
    I'm far worse... I used to wind my mother up because she hated the baby being called "it" (and I'm a horrible daughter) so I used "it" all the time. "It" also stuck and when she was a toddler, she started using it to describe herself :')
    "What's the matter, Brianna?"
    "It's hungry!"

At 5 years old though, when she found out her auntie was pregnant, she exclaimed "Mummy! I can be COUSIN IT now!" (Big Addams family fans)
    Still makes me laugh!

(Disclaimer: I love her very much, she just goes by a series of truly embarrassing nicknames and It is one of them. If she didn't like it, I'd stop)
    I always call my toddler "this thing" or "that" (like "here, take this thing" or "give me that") and my MIL comments on it every time! I always called her baby when I was pregnant, and it actually took me a few weeks after she was born to start using her name! I still call her baby pretty frequently, it's going to be super weird when we have another or when she's too old to be baby..

Sea Monkey. Get it?

Love my Thalia WaiChi

Favorite Meaning
    Sylvia Eden

Possible Sea Monkeys
    Jonas, Silas, Aaron, Cosmas, Simon
    Phoebe, Irene, Esther, Iris, Naomi

Other Favorites
    Leander, Nathaniel, Perseus, Aliki, Irie, Amara

DH and I have always referred to our babies as "Bean," although I sadly didn't carry the first two to term. When we found out we were having twins, Baby A was Bean and Baby B was Bear (not sure why, DH came up with that). We still call them Laska-Bean and Jamie-Bear.
    mama of james finn alexander & alaska vivienne claire april 2017
    godmother of
    zander ray june 2018
    collecting, not expecting
    jemima lily ♡ marley cleo ♡ arcadia pearl ♡ junia margaux
    vincent alexander ♡ julian winslow ♡ palmer cove ♡ robert james
    7/13 ☼ 5/14

My goddaughter is baby love.

The baby I’m trying to conceive has always been baby peregrine.
    angelmom to peregrine.

godmom to raven. + maadix. + illyia. + link
    furmom to lyra. + caspian.

salem matti | maeve nightingale
    emrys koa | primrose luna

My nieces and nephews were Jelly Bean, Nugget, Barbara, Thing One and Thing Two, Bubbles and Jimbo