Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    If you want to use a different letter, what about x?

Xia? Xiomara, Xyleena, Xylona?

If the last thread of suggestions didn't bring anything up that really struck you, I'd forget the "do I like this name enough to use it" stuff and take a different tack. E.g. actively looking for references and/or meanings you like - for example, if you're into Shakespeare, look up Shakespearean names [like the suggestion of Hero, btw!], or if you're into TV shows, look up the full names of some characters you really admire. You could maybe pencil in Iolanthe as the middle name and look for a name that you love in the combo, or, better still, just toss all your rules, start with a clean slate, and gradually reintroduce some of them when you feel you're getting somewhere. It definitely sounds like they're making it difficult!

Léonie
    Imelda
    Philippa
    Avril / April
    Willow
    Gerda
    Liliane
    Rhea
    Lucilla / Lucinda
    Novalie
    Astraea
    Delia
    Felicity
    Arabia
    Nerissa
    Holly
    Sansa

PS. I recall thinking that Phaedra [FAY-drah] seemed like a good fit for you - did you not like it / drop it? I can't remember.

Also, I skipped your list - oops! I really like Avalon, Aravis, Kerensa, and Iolanthe. Iolanthe could work as a FN, but I suspect you'd need a nickname, and with Io off the table and Annie uncertain you'd have limited options. Iola, Lola, and Thea spring to mind.
    Last edited by morning_glory; October 16th, 2017 at 11:26 AM.
    today's débutantes
    eva jessamy. cordelia elspeth. guinevere lilac. elestren magnolia. margery elowen.
    ilaria noor. clementina isobel. araminta flavia pernel. saskia eluned petal. isabelle margot.

walter sebastian draco. ralph lorenzen. rowan tiberius. anthony todd.
    percy valerian. emrys aurelian. rupert skandar. sebastian ivo. alistair lorne.

It seems like the only name you really like is Iolanthe, which is an awesome name, either as a first or a middle name. Some suggestions:

Azucena
    Adelina
    Agueda
    Bibiana
    Briar
    Caetana
    Calla
    Camellia
    Carlotta "Lottie"
    Damiana
    Dandara
    Domenica
    Domitila
    Elva
    Freya
    Inessa
    Isaura
    Issoria
    Lucila
    Ludmila
    Mattea
    Mirella
    Nereida
    Oksana
    Olga
    Petra
    Romilly
    Saga
    Salete
    Tarsila
    Yara
    Ziva
    Natália, 25

Amália . Celina . Inês

Caetano . João Manoel . Vitório

Maria Paula | Tarsila | Alma | Augusta | Caetana | Flora | Leona | Alexandra | Catarina
    Hélio | Inácio | Álvaro | Augusto | Gael | Santiago | Vicente | Daniel | Emílio

Cat mom to Leôncio, Valentim and Isabel

Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to find a name, though, but I'm sure you'll get there. You'll find a name you love! My favourite name from your list is Cressida! It's so beautiful! I also like Una and Juno. They're both so sweet! Good luck!
    Jonathan Michael ~ Edmund Sawyer ~ Finn Alexander ~ Gardner Atticus ~
    Christopher Jude ~ Emerson Paul ~ River Samuel ~ Isaac Oliver ~
    Henry Asher ~ Dara Brennan.

Heather Michele ~ Cassia May ~ Adelaide Louise ~ Natalie Belle ~
    Marjorie Rose ~ Cressida Hope ~ Anne Elizabeth ~ Mary Elise ~
    Joy Rosalind ~ Anya Cordelia.

Zosima came to mind - just an idea.

Good luck!