Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Honouring Sarah?

I'd love to honour my mother Sarah if I had another daughter but she isn't a big fan of her name and I'd like to think about alternatives. Her middle name is Jayne, as is mine.

How else can you honour Sarah? And what would fit with the names I like? (See signature!)
    Proud parent to Brianna Katherine Rose <3

Astrid Valentina - Romilly Ariadne / Arianwen - Cosima Violet "Kit" - Hermione Isabella - Violet Valentina "Viva" - Margot Rosalie - Tatiana Jane - Remy Isabeau - Lila Delphine - Amara Juliet - Mallory Anaïs Sapphire - Seraphina Eloise

Jasper Olivier / Orion - Sebastian Zachary - Hugo Alexei - Tristan Briar - Luca James Peregrine - Atticus Marcel "Kit" - Milo Xavier - Oscar Phineas Reid - Felix Alexander Roscoe - Tobias Malachi "Toby"

You could use diminutives of her name like:
    Sally
    Sadie
    Sarai
    Zara

You could also use Seraphine/Seraphina since they both contain the Sarah sound.
    ♀ Luna Elise ♥︎ Maeve Octavia ♥︎ Bronte Sophia ♥︎ Emilia Juliette ♥︎ Tessa Shoshana
    Judith Beatrix ♥︎ Ava Lilac ♥︎ Eleanora Thistle ♥︎ Georgette Océane ♥︎ Bruna Emerald ♀

♂ Desmond Tate ♥︎ Cedric Theo ♥︎ George Valentine ♥︎ Shea Maximilian ♥︎ Chaz Atticus
    Hadrian Alistair ♥︎ Keanu Vincent ♥︎ Niall August ♥︎ Ezra Blake ♥︎ Casimir Balthazar ♂

What about Mara, Cara or Tara, all of which could be made to rhyme with Sarah? Though if your mother doesn't like how her name sounds (as opposed to disliking it for another reason e.g. popularity), she might not like those either.

Serena has almost the letters in Sarah, in almost the right order. The Sarina spelling would make the connection to Sara(h) more obvious, but would probably be misspelled a fair bit. Susannah has the S initial and "ah" ending of Sarah.

Another suggestion, how would you feel about getting your mother to help pick out the name? You probably wouldn't want to give her complete say, but she could pick off a list you give her so you'll be sure to end up with a name you love, or get her to make a list for you to pick off of (assuming her taste is similar enough to yours that there'd be something you like).

P.S. You have some gorgeous names in your signature. Sebastian is my favourite boys' name, and Cosima Violet is a stunner! I love Astrid, Romilly, Valentina, Hermione, Peregrine and Tristan too.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Oliver, Darcy, Orlando

What about Sarai? I think it would fit beautifully with the names you like!
    ♥ J. M. (09/15) ♥
    ♥ K. V. (06/17) ♥

I really like the Seraphine/Seraphina suggestion!

Bonfireazalea, thankyou! That's very sweet of you to say.

I actually did do that with my first daughter's name! My mother picked out Katherine Rose with me, which was a feat of its own since we have wildly different naming tastes. I'd already picked out Brianna and 'Brianna Sarah' didn't fit well, so she picked!

I'm finding that I actually really like Sarah as a name on its own merits too - I love the a sounds and how it looks, and it would be a no brainer if my mother liked it.

I like Seraphina "Sarah" for a first name, or Sarina as a middle so far! Thanks for your suggestions
    Proud parent to Brianna Katherine Rose <3

Astrid Valentina - Romilly Ariadne / Arianwen - Cosima Violet "Kit" - Hermione Isabella - Violet Valentina "Viva" - Margot Rosalie - Tatiana Jane - Remy Isabeau - Lila Delphine - Amara Juliet - Mallory Anaïs Sapphire - Seraphina Eloise

Jasper Olivier / Orion - Sebastian Zachary - Hugo Alexei - Tristan Briar - Luca James Peregrine - Atticus Marcel "Kit" - Milo Xavier - Oscar Phineas Reid - Felix Alexander Roscoe - Tobias Malachi "Toby"