Page 3 of 362 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2018

Hi Everyone,

I want to join you all but nothing for us is set in stone. We know we want a third (in all honesty, we have two boys and would love a little girl), and we know we don't want a big age gap (our boys are 18 months apart), but there are a few issues to deal with first. We are hoping to buy a house early next year and I'm still carrying baby weight I would like to drop (at least some if not all of it). If things go to plan, this would mean trying for #3 next year (I originally thought this year but it's not looking likely).

So hopefully 2018. I have baby fever already. I bought the future baby a blanket I saw in hopes it would motivate me to lose weight. So we'll see if it works.

In answer to the naming question, the baby will be either Declan or Natalie. We had some difficulty naming #2 so we have had the name talk for #3 several times already!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!
    Finn and Leo

Expecting #3 in June 2019!

Kate Olivia Claire | Calder Bartholomew Mason | Natalie Mila Elizaveta | Declan William Balthazar

Stella Freya Juliet | Anya Violet Elodie | Lydia Ivy Elaina | Aurora Persephone Rose

Oliver Caspian James | Callum Sebastian Dimitri | Lincoln Victor Benedikt | Tristan Anthony Oskar

Eva | Maya | Chloe | Kaia | Phoebe | Ariana | Katia | Zoe | Isla | Cora | Belle | Daisy

@seedsandstones - Sounds like the earlier timeline will work out well for you. It's so easy to overthink things, isn't it? When TTC last time I told myself no way would I have a baby around Christmas, but when the time came I couldn't bring myself to take a month off and of course she ended up being due a week after Christmas (luckily took her time to come out, but still!). Good to know about those hand-me-downs, maybe our hand-me-downs could work out even if timing doesn't!

@mill1020 - How exciting! You'll have to keep us updated about what you decide. Wishing you luck. Would you be looking into domestic or international adoption?

@ccmrath - TTC #1 is such an adventure! I was nervous too, and not going to lie, when I got that positive I had this moment of "What did I do?" but it quickly passed. It's very exciting and nervewracking at the same time.

@bedhead - We don't have names picked out yet, it's making me nervous! I know there's time to figure something out but we seem to talk circles around names. We were pretty set on Ro's name from day one. For #2, our top girl name that we agree on at the moment is probably Cecelia (but I'd prefer Cecily or Coraline); for a boy, I have no idea. My top would probably be Theodore, his is Atticus. But neither of us are in love with any boy names and we have a horrible time agreeing on anything. What about you?

@shalexis - Sounds like you're in a good place to TTC! It's nice to hear that someone else isn't "feeling it" so much too. I have bursts of baby fever now and then but it's not an all the time thing like it was before TTC #1. Running around after a toddler certainly doesn't give you energy to brood about #2!

@lirio - That is a lot to think about! Sounds like that delivery service would be a good option for you.

@katinka - The weight loss while breastfeeding thing is one of my worries! I'm still feeding Ro and definitely under pre-pregnancy weight (and I was already somewhat slim) so I've actually started trying to gain weight back in preparation for TTC. What was your experience with conceiving your second? Did you feel like breastfeeding/weight loss made it more difficult?

Mummy to Rosalie Lyra ("Rosie") 17.01.16
    Baby Bear #2 Due March/April 2019

Thinking about...
    Atticus Jon "Kit" - Theodore Adam "Theo" - Sullivan Adam "Sully"

@seedsandstones: I used to drive myself nuts thinking about time lines and ideal months and what not but now I don't care at all and just getting pregnant would be great. That's so good you have all those hand me downs.

@mill1020: Good luck on your decision!

@ccmrath: We'll be TTC our first too and I've been thinking about this for so long I feel like it will all be so surreal whenever I get that BFP!

@shalexis: I'm actually on the opposite end with full on baby craze lol.

@lirio: Hope you all can find what works best for you!

@katinka: I'm actually hoping to breastfeed, was it difficult for you?

@northernlights: Well you've still got some time! I'm really hoping for that moment when I see them and the name just "feels right". I have like top 2/3 names for boys that I'll just wait and see but I'm dead set on a girls name. Unless of course it doesn't "feel right" or whatever. DH never has an opinion on any name, one minute he thinks he likes a name and the next minute he thinks it's weird or ugly. So he pretty much lets me handle the naming situation but luckily he's ok with all my top contenders so all is good.

Theodora Temple Rose / Anouk Cecilia Pearl / Jude Evergreen / Titus Leopold
    Lilias Winifred Adele / Elspeth Miriam Lake / Rufus Emerald / Crispin Valor
    Ottilie Jane Vesper / Heloise Auden Claire / Emmett Garland / Marius Winter

EDD #1: 05/24/19

Phil. 3:7

@bedhead
    I was suuuuper baby crazy when I was getting ready to TTC #1. Like, to the point that I ended up moving our plans up like 9 months. First we weren't going to TTC until fall of the next year, then I was thinking March, then I decided I'd better go off birth control so I was for sure ready, then we were lazy about protection after that and we figured we'd just TTW and then TTC at the start of the next year, and then I ended up getting pregnant the first cycle of TTW in December. It didn't help that like a million people around me were pregnant or had new babies, and my sister was TTC. This time around I still know a million people with babies and tons of pregnant ladies, but I'm still breastfeeding my first and adjusting to her walking and lots of crazy stuff, so I'm a lot less anxious about it. I get twinges of it every once in a while, and I think once December has passed I will be a lot more on board. It would really help if I could lose the rest of my baby weight, I'm kind of dreading getting pregnant at my current weight and then gaining a ton again!

@shalexis: Lol that definitely makes sense, it's my first and already stopped BC (which I'd only been on for a few months) now for January. Why does it seem as if everyone and their mother is pregnant when you're waiting to TTC? I'm wanting to lose 5-10lbs. before the new year too as my BC made me gain a few lbs.

Theodora Temple Rose / Anouk Cecilia Pearl / Jude Evergreen / Titus Leopold
    Lilias Winifred Adele / Elspeth Miriam Lake / Rufus Emerald / Crispin Valor
    Ottilie Jane Vesper / Heloise Auden Claire / Emmett Garland / Marius Winter

EDD #1: 05/24/19

Phil. 3:7