View Poll Results: Which name/s do you prefer?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rory IV

3 18.75%
  • Angus

5 31.25%
  • Archie

11 68.75%
  • Hendry

2 12.50%
  • Other

2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Help name my Scottie

UPDATE: Hi all! We welcomed Rory IV to the family yesterday. His KC registration name was already 'Essex Boy Rory', so it seemed like fate and it fits him perfectly. Thank you everyone for your suggestions/feedback.

Hi

I'm adopting a black male Scottish Terrier puppy in a few weeks time and would like some advice on naming him. I would prefer his name to be Scottish or related somehow. What does everyone think of my shortlist? Any suggestions?

1. Rory IV - This is the current favourite. We have had 3 Scotties and my dad always insisted on calling them Rory. Some say I should choose something different. However, I do generally love the name and feel it would be a lovely way to honour our last Scottie, who is very deeply missed.

2. Angus - My parents had a Westie named Angus when I was very young and so I don't remember him much. He was quite aggressive at times and so some feel it has negative connotations. I quite like it though.

3. Archie - My brother wanted to call our last Scottie this, so I'm fond of it.

4. Fergus - I really liked this, but then someone pointed out it that reminded them of the football manager, Alex Ferguson, which put me off slightly.

5. Billy - After my grandfather.

These are now ruled out for various reasons:
    Fraser
    Finlay
    Scottie
    Rab/Rabbie
    Malcolm
    Graham
    Kenneth
    Stuart
    Callum
    Duncan
    Hendry
    Piper
    Euan
    Hamish
    Lachlan “Lachie”
    Edgar
    Last edited by angelofmusique; October 1st, 2017 at 06:47 AM. Reason: name chosen

How exciting! My favourites on your list are Angus, Furgus, Rory, and Piper (which I think reads more masculine). Other suggestions....

Tweed - the River Tweed in Scotland and the fabric made in Scotland
    Alistair
    McDuff
    Gibb/Gibbs
    McBean

Thank you! Those are my favourites too. I also like Alistair but feel it might be too much of a mouthful for a dog.

I like the Rory connection, but I understand the want to be different. Maybe Ross? It's Scottish in origin and could honor the "ro" bit of Rory while still being a unique name.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence, Margo, Jade, Matthew, Susan, Maura, Mil, Floss, Connor, David, and so many many more

Sir Rory IV?

I also like Angus.

Mungo, Skye (yes, maybe a bit girlie), Bonnie, Cormag, Dougal and Roderick are also nice !