Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Hello everyone! Welcome to Maggie, Caz, Elifsu, and Polly!

Seems like most of us love Castle. I heard (saw?) you all talking about it, so I went and watched the first episode (never seen it before). I might be a tad addicted now, haha. I love the way Kate Beckett and Richard Castle interact with each other, and the chemistry between them! I'm going to binge watch it tomorrow (day off for Labor Day, yay!). Anyone have any recommendations for similar shows? Lately I've been binge watching Modern Family (I love it too, Eryn!), When Calls the Heart, and Mike & Molly.

I have been sorted into Hufflepuff every time. Hufflepuffs are awesome!

I used to want to be a journalist as well, Alice! I wanted to be just like Aunt Becky on Full House, she's the reason I aspired to go into journalism. Archeology is super cool, though

I'm jealous of your trip, Caz! You have an awesome name, btw I've never been to Florida, but I've always wanted to go and see Harry Potter world. Have fun on your trip!

Ash, that sounds so cool! I'd love to be able to go to Brazil. And aww, that's so sweet that you were able to do that for your girls, I bet they loved it I hope when I'm older and more financially stable, I'll have opportunities like that, it sounds amazing.

Maggie, I absolutely loveeee Ada Marianne from your list. They're two of my favourite names that sound lovely together!

What is ASOIAF, Elifsu? Sounds really interesting

I'd love to visit England, Eryn, it sounds amazing. I have a bit of British in me, on my mom's side of the family, and all my friends say I have an accent, haha. Sadly, dark lip colours don't really work with my skin tone (very light) as they stand out a lot. They're nice for special occasions, but not everyday. I wish my skin was a bit darker (or I had the ability to tan) because they look really nice on people who do.

I love your new profile picture, Polly!

Quote Originally Posted by kizzy_delgado View Post
    Kate Beckett is pretty much everything I aspire to be, sensible, capable and seriously kick ass, there's so much beauty and depth to her character.
    Agreed 100%. Could not have said this better.
    victoria elizabeth grace
    evelina, juliet, lorelei, & scarlett
    theodore daniel james
    sebastian, isaac, oliver, & hugo
    isabelle cordelia mary
    natalia, ottilie, saskia, & marina
    william emerson jack
    charles, alexander, edward, & beckett
    diana rosalie may
    sarah, indie, clara, flora, & sylvia
    arthur sebastian leo
    felix, arlo, silas, ivan, & milo
    full girls list | full boys list

@Naomi: ASOIAF stands for A Song of Ice and Fire, the book series that Game of Thrones is based off of.

@Naomi: Ah, how coincidental! I was always good at English, and love creative writing (I'm currently writing a story at the moment) which is what sparked my interest in journalism, I guess. I first wanted to be a travel journalist and then a photo journalist. I was talked out of both pretty quickly and now journalism doesn't nearly as exciting to me as it did a few years ago
    Teenberry | Amateur Photographer and editor

Adelina Joy ♡ Magdalena Ruby ♡ Edith Matilda ♡ Helena Margot ♡ Ophelia Maeve ♡ Anneliese Charlotte ♡ Sienna Giselle
    Leo Xavier ☆ Alexander George ☆ Isaac Peregrine ☆ Harry Lysander ☆ Arthur James ☆ Arlo Sebastian ☆ Viggo Florian ☆ Nicholas Louis

Crushes: Adelaide + Juno + Estella
    GP Crushes: Marisola + Leoline + Nicodemus + Elio

Quote Originally Posted by kizzy_delgado View Post
    All this Castle talk is making me happy, I have Javier Ryan on my long list, it was the second boys combo I seriously considered naming a future child (the first being Levi Banjo). Kate Beckett is pretty much everything I aspire to be, sensible, capable and seriously kick ass, there's so much beauty and depth to her character.
    I agree about Kate, she's everything I aspire to be, too. Such an amazing character and role model, she reminds me of Olivia Benson (THE best character ever to grace television).

Quote Originally Posted by adelina_sophia View Post
    @Eryn: My friend has recently got me into Castle so I was happy to see it mentioned here! She's been a big fangirl for years, but I hadn't even heard of the show until we met. We're watching it together and I'm only on series three, but she's seen them all. I quite like it; and the comedy element is really cool because most of the other crime shows I watch are more serious.
    I used to hate crime shows because they were ALWAYS on TV in my house; but now they've grown on me a lot. My favourites are Broadchurch and Silent Witness - and I really enjoyed The Missing when it was on, particularly last year's story. One thing I like about Silent Witness is that it was a different case every week, which was exciting but also frustrating because you wanted to find out more about the case that was on last week
    The balance between lighthearted TV drama to serious, people are dying drama, is what hooked me on Castle years ago. I used to watch it with my dad (he introduced me to the majority!) but decided a few years on that I wanted to watch it chronologically. It's such an ace show! This is making me want to watch it again.

Boyyyyy, I loved Broadchurch when it was on. Loved, loved, loved it. I used to watch Silent Witness, too, but I stopped, although my family still watch it. The Missing rings a bell but I've never seen it, what's it like?

Quote Originally Posted by livelaughlove._ View Post
    Seems like most of us love Castle. I heard (saw?) you all talking about it, so I went and watched the first episode (never seen it before). I might be a tad addicted now, haha. I love the way Kate Beckett and Richard Castle interact with each other, and the chemistry between them! I'm going to binge watch it tomorrow (day off for Labor Day, yay!). Anyone have any recommendations for similar shows? Lately I've been binge watching Modern Family (I love it too, Eryn!), When Calls the Heart, and Mike & Molly.

I'd love to visit England, Eryn, it sounds amazing. I have a bit of British in me, on my mom's side of the family, and all my friends say I have an accent, haha. Sadly, dark lip colours don't really work with my skin tone (very light) as they stand out a lot. They're nice for special occasions, but not everyday. I wish my skin was a bit darker (or I had the ability to tan) because they look really nice on people who do.
    I got addicted so fast, too. I think it was about 3-4 years back, I was bored one summer and decided to do something crafty. I needed something to watch while doing it and all of Castle was on my TV so I got through them all in a few weeks! Kate and Richard's interaction is my favourite, the chemistry is insane, right?!

Similar shows... Chicago PD, Shades of Blue, Bones, Lethal Weapon (I laugh so hard it hurts when I watch this show)... Bones reminds me of Castle a lot. Oh, and Rizzoli & Isles is a good one. That's one of my faves of all time as well.

England is great but if I lived elsewhere, I wouldn't wanna visit. Maybe a weekend trip to London but I can't understand why people specifically come here and vacay. I do love where I live and I'm super patriotic, but I dunno... I don't get it I guess LOL.

It's funny how you say you don't wear dark lip colours because you're pale, as that is the sole reason I wear them. I'm really pale but nude colours wash me out, but I do love a bright pillar box red lip colour.

Eryn, 21, England
    Hoping for a little Lyla Rose or Ezra Jack

@Naomi - I hope they did! The sponsorship organization I use says that they'll send me a thank-you note through the girls once they receive them, and I've not received anything yet, so I hope it all went okay! It ships to the country office near Sao Paulo, and then when the need arises to visit their centers (which I guess it is fairly often?) they'll take it with them. But my girls live a fair distance from Campinas (the name of the town where the country office is), so I imagine they try to keep those trips to a minimum! I can't imagine traveling the 3000-km drive every week! Sponsorship is amazing, and I'm thinking about branching out into sponsoring another one, because a couple people at church help me sponsor one of my Brazilian little ones, and I'm starting to take in more money than I need for the sponsorship. One of the ladies is from the Philippines, so I thought it might be fun to sponsor a little one from there, too! I'll have to talk to her more about it. It's literally the best thing I've done in my life--I love it so much, and wish I could sponsor literally all of the children. lol. It's only USD$38/month (not sure if this varies in Canada, Australia, or Europe--all of which are allowed to participate through Compassion International), and it does SO much good.

I loved Castle for YEARS, but after about six years into it I gave it up (but if you're going to binge-watch, I don't want to give spoilers, haha!). I'm so glad to have found another fan of When Calls the Heart, though--I didn't think it was really watched by anyone else! lol. If you like both Castle and WCTH, I would suggest Rookie Blue, too? It sort of has aspects of both, for me, and it was one of my favorite cop shows ever.
    Ashley | storyteller | Christian

princesinhas e príncipes:
    Isabelle Aurora Grace ▪ Avery Ian George

thinking about:
    Adelaide Iris Mireille ▪ Reef Benjamin Elias
    Ava Marigold ▪ Daphne Elisabet ▪ Ella Katherine ▪ Gwendolen Freya ▪ Leonora Lilac
    Lila Capulet ▪ Rosamund Hannah ▪ Tessa Evangeline ▪ Tiana Amélie ▪ Violet Ophelia
    Auden Leo ▪ Christian Olaf ▪ Cyrus Isaiah ▪ Dashiell Drury ▪ Everett Maximilian
    Grayson Amory ▪ Jack Sailor ▪ Lennox Shepard ▪ Rex Calvin ▪ Rowan Arthur