Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Maggie? Others?? Please help!

Okay I have many questions relating to this name. Please help me haha.

Maggie? Too old fashioned sounding? I love this so so much but I'm just trying to figure out whether you can see it on a teenager and adult as well as on "old lady Maggie" and "cute little baby Maggie"

Magdalen? Or Magdalene? I love this as a full name for Maggie, as well as Margo/Margot, but will pronunciation be a problem? Both (to my knowledge) are supposed to be pronounced mag-duh-len/lin but I've heard people say Magdalene as mag-duh-leen, which I don't like as much. Also I'm in the UK and although I don't live there, I'm aware there's a Magdalen college in London that's pronounced "maud-lin" so will that be a problem as well??

Which spelling of Magdalen/e do you like best? (Does Magdalen look incomplete?) and how would you pronounce it?

My first middle name thought was Elizabeth (honour name) but Magdalen/e Elizabeth and a surname beginning with H gives the initials MEH which could be a problem. Am I overthinking or is it a serious deal breaker? Magdalen Jane, our second choice just doesn't seem to flow as well though, what do you think?

And finally, any more middle name suggestions would be much appreciated, and also any other M- names of any spring to mind? With an option for the nn Maggie or not (an unrelated choice we also love is Mina)

I'm so sorry for the long post! I didn't want to start multiple threads. Don't feel like everything must be answered, honestly, any input would be amazing. Thank you! <3

I love the name Maggie. It is now coming back into fashion so I think it's the perfect time to use it. I can see it on any aged girl, and if they don't like the nickname Maggie, they could also go for Meg as a more modern twist.

I would use the full name Magdalene (spelt this way- Magdalen looks unfinished to me) or Margaret, and I'd pronounce Magdalene Mag-da-lane, but that may just be where I'm from. I honestly don't thing the Magdalen College will be any problem for people pronouncing the name as it's not world-known. Another suggestion to get the nickname Maggie is Magnolia, this name is becoming increasingly popular from what I've been seeing. I also know a Magenta who goes by Maggie.

I don't think the initials MEH are a problem - I knew a person with the initials SAD and they were still fine, initials don't really mean anything. Magdalene Elizabeth H sounds lovely. Other middle name suggestions are Sophie, Alice, Ivy or Charlotte.

Good luck! X

Winifred 'Winnie' Rosalie Grace Eser
    My Babies
    Hugo Alexandros - 8/3/11
    Emre James - 17/2/13
    Isabella 'Izzie' Rose - 25/5/14
    Natalia 'Nell' Lily - 25/5/14
    Otto Isaiah - exp. 23/12/17

Eden Robin ✰ Esme Elisabeth ✰ Roman Michael
    Theodore Oscar ✰ Wilhelmina Faith ✰ Augustus Fionn ✰ Felicity Evangeline
    Sebastian Gregory ✰ Margaret Grace ✰ George Valentine

I love Maggie!

Quote Originally Posted by winnieg View Post
    I love the name Maggie. It is now coming back into fashion so I think it's the perfect time to use it. I can see it on any aged girl, and if they don't like the nickname Maggie, they could also go for Meg as a more modern twist.

I would use the full name Magdalene (spelt this way- Magdalen looks unfinished to me) or Margaret, and I'd pronounce Magdalene Mag-da-lane, but that may just be where I'm from. I honestly don't thing the Magdalen College will be any problem for people pronouncing the name as it's not world-known. Another suggestion to get the nickname Maggie is Magnolia, this name is becoming increasingly popular from what I've been seeing. I also know a Magenta who goes by Maggie.

I don't think the initials MEH are a problem - I knew a person with the initials SAD and they were still fine, initials don't really mean anything. Magdalene Elizabeth H sounds lovely. Other middle name suggestions are Sophie, Alice, Ivy or Charlotte.

Good luck! X
    Ah I hadn't even thought about using Meg but I'm so glad it's there as another option. I also love Magnolia with nn Maggie that's adorable. Thank you!

I really like Maggie, its definetly coming back into fashion! I'm not a huge fan of Magdalen, I much prefer Magdalena. I wouldn't think the college in london would casse any confusion.

Magdalen Elizabeth is sweet, and I wouldn't give much thought to the initials. I know people with really bad initials and nobody cares/notices much.

Other Mag- names I like;
    Margaret
    Magnolia
    Marigold
    Io | 21 | Student Engineer | Britberry