Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sibling name for Isla Honey

Hi there,

I am so stuck with a girl's name that matches well with my daughter's!

Her full name is Isla Honey Anne - the first two names we just loved, and Anne is a family name.

This time around, we have Daisy and Dawn to use (both family names) which we thought would be amazing as an alliterative middle name, but makes first names a bit harder to match in.

I absolutely LOVE Mabel, but my husband isn't 100% on it.

Other names I love (and my husband likes to varying degrees haha) are;

Willow
    Olive
    Mirabel
    Maeve
    Aurora
    Clementine
    Freya
    Meadow
    Bonnie

But as you can see, those names create a bit of a mouthful with Daisy Dawn as a middle name!

I think we need something quite simple, maybe one or two syllables, that goes well with Isla while still suiting the 2 middle names. We're not too keen on overly used names but don't want something toooo left of field either.

Tricky! Any help appreciated

Freya is my favorite of your choices!!! It goes wonderfully with Isla. With the middle names you have chosen, I might want to avoid anything too noun or wordlike. Because the natural association is subtle, Sylvia might work.

Other ideas: Thea, Cora, Fiona, Mara, Nina, Zara, Julia, Lara, Lena, Leah, Lucia, Ava, Vera, Emma or Gemma
    Last edited by erin beth; July 16th, 2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Ellen Virginia * Celia Irene * May Genevieve * Susannah Clare
    Timothy Gerard * Peter Vincent * Jeremy David * Benedict Edmund

Also Like: * Catherine Louisa * Molly Caroline * Nora Bridget * Muirgheal Siobhan (Miri) * Dorothy Anne (Dot) * Eve Teresa * Ivy Jane * Christopher Francis * Kieran Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by erin beth View Post
    Freya is my favorite of your choices!!! It goes wonderfully with Isla. With the middle names you have chosen, I might want to avoid anything too noun or wordlike. Because the natural association is subtle, Sylvia might work.

Other ideas: Thea, Cora, Fiona, Mara, Nina, Zara, Julia, Lara, Lena, Leah, Lucia, Ava, Vera, Emma or Gemma

Thank you! Yes my husband is very fond of Freya, however I am not completely sold on it!

I agree re: anything too noun or wordlike due to the middle names. If I am honest, I am not 100% sold on the two middle names together either, though we would definitely keep Dawn in as the second middle name.

And I do love Thea! <3

Daisy Dawn on its own sounds like such a comic book character name, I love it! Freya Dawn and Mabel Daisy are sweet but I understand that you'd like to use them together which I think could totally work.

Freya Daisy Dawn, Thea Daisy Dawn, Mabel Daisy Dawn, Mirabel Daisy Dawn, maybe try Dawn Daisy as mn order?

All the names you've picked out and all the names suggested by the pp are all amazing and go wonderfully with Isla.

Good luck!
    Ayla :: INFP
    Junia Lily | Sunny Elizabeth | Indie Rose
    Oskar Edward | Arthur Henry | Bodhi Alexander

Thanks! Yes I love Daisy Dawn on it's own, however my husband will only agree to Daisy if it's a middle name, not a first!

Dawn is definitely the family name we would keep out of the two if we had to lose one of them to make a first name work.

The reason I am saying this is because I've just stumbled across the name Winslow and absolutely adore it!

I think Mabel Winslow Dawn would work, though I think a few of the others would too!

Eeep. This is hard!