Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cassian?

Cassian?

How would you pronounce Cassian? The "correct" way is Cash-en, and that's what I prefer, but SO only likes it as Cas-ee-in (100% because of Rogue 1 and the Star Wars franchise). I prefer nn Cash to Cas as well. What are your opinions? How would you pronounce Cassian?
    Little Lads
    Caspian Wilder, Asa Bellamy, Hugo Aurelian, Soren Atticus

Little Lassies
    Elowen Freyja “Winnie”, Sunniva Lilou “Niva”, Felicity Noa “Flissy”, Juniper Aurelia "Juno"

I prefer "cas-ee-an" to "cash-ee-an", so I'd use this pronunciation if I had to choose. It's a nice name but not for me.

I much prefer Cass-ee-an, I hate the Cash-an pronounciation. It reminds me too much of money.

I would say Cass-ee-un. I'm really not a fan of Cash-un, and definitely prefer Cas over Cash too.
    Jam|Fangirl|Historian|Biochemist|Single Pringle|19|Future mummy
    Dreaming of...
    Evanthe Rosalind Lyra • Zenobia Sybil Hermione • Marigold Sylvia Ann • Lavender • Guinevere • Amadea
    Pandora Beatrix FaeCaspian Sherlock WalterArtemis Clio ElizabethPtolemy Lysander George
    Horatio Phoenix Arthur • Nikolai Emrys Altair • Prosper William Kit • Indigo • August • Cedrick
    TimelordsTimeladies
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."

I see Cassian being pronounced as cass-ian and would use Ian or Cass as a nickname.