Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by finny123 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your feedback so far!

Most of you have touched on exactly what I love about both names.

Leo is short, sweet and strong and in my opinion is perfect with Finn! However the popularlity does bother me, especially considering Finn is quite popular now too so although they fit perfectly, it's almost a little expected. I can imagine there would be quite a few families with a Finn and Leo I'm sure.

Remy on the other hand is one I've loved since I had Finn but didn't feel brave enough to use the first time around (besides I loved Finn more). I love that is a little different and cool, like a few of you have said, but adds a quirky vibe to the sibset than say Leo does. I love that it seems to make Finn feel less trendy and popular than it probably is. In my opinion anyway. My reservation is it does seem a little feminine considering lots of people are using it on girls now.

Decisions, decisions!

Please keep the comments coming. I love hearing everyone's reactions
    I already commented but reading this from you did change my opinions somewhat. In your case, it really sounds like you internally prefer Remy but are hesitant about using it. I think you should go with your heart. Remy is an uncommon enough name that it probably doesn't have a strong gender association either way, in my opinion.
    Julia Catherine

history + Russian language student and lifelong name nerd

Mary|Catherine {Cat/Catlin}|Rose
    Eulalia, Louise, Anna, Aoife, Kira, Charlotte, Margaret, Nadezhda

Joseph {Joey}|Luke|Alexander {Sasha or Sander}
    Nathan, David, Francis, James, August, Ira, Eliot, Leo, Erik, Truitt, Felix

long | lists

Quote Originally Posted by findemaxa13 View Post
    I already commented but reading this from you did change my opinions somewhat. In your case, it really sounds like you internally prefer Remy but are hesitant about using it. I think you should go with your heart. Remy is an uncommon enough name that it probably doesn't have a strong gender association either way, in my opinion.
    Thank you for your comments! I seriously do love both and go between each depending on the day.

I suppose internally I'm leaning towards Remy at the moment but I think that's purely because of the popularity of Leo. I'm not sure how important that is going to be. It's so nice to get everyone's opinions on the names itself though!

Another vote for Remy.
    I don't think you will regret a name you've liked for that long, it's a stellar less expected choice and to my ear it is handsome and masculine. It has the gentleness of Finn, but gentleness doesn't equal feminine.

A. Marigold
    Wolfgang the pup

Flora Hermione Luna Olympia Gwendolyn
    Fjord Hugo Oak Magnus Murray

I like both, but vote for Rent to go with Finn. If you love Leo, but worry about it being too popular, how about Elio? I suggested Elio to my son and DIL and they are considering it. My son just mentioned again how much he likes it.
    Son: Jacob Milton
    Grandchildren: Shiloh and Niko

Current favorites:
    Jensen, Althea, Alliyah, McKaili, Lilliana, Briar, Kiley, Madilyn, Athena
    Eli, Noah, Sebastian, Theo, McKia, Elio

Thanks everyone! I'm actually really surprised a lot of you loved Remy as much as I do. I still have some small reservations (a bit girly to some, not sure how it will age) but I'm falling more and more in love with it everyday.

If anyone has any middle name suggestions for Remy I would love to hear them. I personally think a one syllable name seems to work best with our last name (long, three syllables, starts with T).

So give me what you got!

If we do decide to go with Leo, we've already got a middle name picked for that. Unfortunately it doesn't work at all with Remy.

Cheers