Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Love it. I've always said it Oh-see-ANNE. Not sure that's correct.
    Theodora Temple Rose
    Francine Isobel Kate

TTC '18

Thanks for the support everyone! It's our new favourite over Willow Grey and Willow Goldie. I think I still like the normal Ocean even though it's more gender neutral.

I love Océane. In French it is pronounced like oh-say-on. The accent aigu over the (é) in French is always pronounced like ay, rhymes with say, bay, may. Not to say that you couldn't pronounce it differently in English, but the name with that accent mark should not be pronounced with an -ee sound.

On an American girl, I would assume Oceane would be pronounced like oh-shee-ann or just like the word, oh-shin/shen. It's nice, and I much prefer it over your other choice, Willow! I think I like just Ocean as well now that you mention it. Not only does it simplify the pronunciation, it definitely is gender neutral because it is a nature name.
    kees -- 24, married, and planning for the future
    emrys håkon james, aurelian edvard finch, basil henrik gwydion, edmund kasper islwyn,
    viggo sebastian wolf, peregrine magnus oak, alban zephyr ole, maël johannes llyr,
    remus alfred grove, bram regulus tadhg

cressida ingrid rosebay, bronwen åse marigold, zenovia astrid méabh,
    rosamund, anouk, ives, milou, kallisto, sunniva, anwen

I would pronounce it oh-shee-ahn. I like it, but I think it looks prettier than it sounds.

Eryn, 21, England
    Hoping for a little Lyla Rose or Ezra Jack

Quote Originally Posted by emrys View Post
    The accent aigu over the (é) in French is always pronounced like ay, rhymes with say, bay, may. Not to say that you couldn't pronounce it differently in English, but the name with that accent mark should not be pronounced with an -ee sound.
    This. I suck at writing pronunciation, but I think I pronounce it closer to Oh-say-ahn.
    Luna.

other favourites:
    Rosalind Anna Belphoebe | Vanessa Rose Aphrodite | Freya Alienor Daisy
    Magnus Orion Frey | Caspian Atticus Hugo | Edmund Frederic Altair
    Ottilie Charlotte Naomi | Marina Behati Azure | Félicie Anaïs Pearl

Crushes:
    Gwyneira Iris Elisheva | Laelia Alexandrine | Ragnar Charles | Xavier Amadeus Levi