Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I love the name Chester! It was my great grandfather's name and I'd love to be as brave as you and use it one day! I think Linus matches Chester well!

Suggestions that sound nice with Chester:

Lionel
    Harvey
    Ira
    Winston
    Albert
    Alfred
    Barney
    Eugene
    Franklin
    Edwin
    Gilbert
    Howard
    Leonard
    Raymond
    Stanley
    Murray
    Wilbur
    Wilfred
    Ralph

Good luck!
    Last edited by aliciamae_; January 10th, 2017 at 07:27 PM.
    Stella Mae & Jasper James
    Ava Jorina | Georgia Pearl | Lucy Clementine
    Leo August | Felix Everett

Adelaide, Alice, Arabella, Ada, Clara, Daisy, Ella, Emma, Evelyn, Ivy, Jane, Josephine, Lily, Matilda, Olivia, Pearl, Violet
    Alexander, Andrew, Chester, Henry, Jack, Oliver, Peter, Roman, Roscoe, Thomas, Walter, William

I love Linus!
    Mom to identical twins born 10-10-2016

Miles Henry Graham and Gabriel Calvin Pierce

I like Linus a lot. And a lot of good suggestions in the replies as well, especially Ralph. Also, what about Roger? A very old name that is rarely heard today.
    Mom to:

Margaret Ruth (born October 2012)
    And
    Anne Marcella (born December 2014)

Soon to be mom to a boy due June 2017

Thanks everyone! Some great suggestions on your lists. Awesome to hear you like Linus, we didn't exactly get a great response from the MIL.

Montgomery - My husband can only think of "gomer" when he sees this name, lol. But I love the nickname Monty. Can anyone think of another name that could lead to Monty? Or what do you think of using Monty on its own as a possible first name?
    Ralph - I actually kinda like this name, but I'm not sure I'm able to get over the whole puke association.
    Barney - My husband asked if this name was the reason I've been buying purple onesies for the baby, so I guess it's a no.
    Harry - This is a great name. I never realised how unpopular it is at the moment.
    Fran... -names - I LOVE Francis, Frans, Frank and all the other Fran-names. However my niece will be named Francine and they're already calling her Frankie so that rules out all of those names.
    Otis - This name is really starting to grow on me.
    Gordon - I like this one.
    Morris/Moritz/Maurice - I keep going back and forth with these names, one day I like them and the next day I don't.
    Marvin - I really like this one.
    Rupert - I kinda like Rupert, but Robert has been so popular for so long I fear people would get them mixed up.
    Roger - I would probably love this name if there wasn't an annoying uncle in the family who always says "roger that".

My husband just mentioned Sheldon and I think I really like it. What do you think of Sheldon?
    Last edited by avle; January 11th, 2017 at 09:10 AM.
    Heather Ellen & Vance Frederick married since 2012

Chester Frederick 6/2014
    Baby boy #2 due in March

Another way to get to Monty could be Montague. I saw a birth annoucement in the newspaper the other day for a baby Montague and thought it was quite dfferent and interesting (I would pronounce it three syllables, last one riming with queue). I do like Linus but for what it's worth it always makes me think of Linux. I love the idea of Ralph, and have no idea at all what you mean by the puke association, if that helps! I also think Sheldon is brilliant and goes really well with Chester.