Menu

Page 2 of 113 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    I think we'd both rather be trying now, but, in April I'll be back in my hometown full time for work and, that way our families can be as involved as we'd like. I've popped into a TTC 2017 thread already, but I haven't really said much yet! That's so funny that we go on break around the same time, and we return around the same time too!

desirae alyssa ✿ stephanie abigail ✿ melissa jayde ✿ tiffany isabella ✿ lindsey olivia ✿ heather amelia ✿ shayla lily ✿ kelly christina
    aaron jacob ✿ michael james ✿ andrew lucas ✿ jake william ✿ chandler robert ✿ adam hunter ✿ matthew parker ✿ zachary daniel

Hello, everyone! My name is Heather and I turned 21 this year. I live in the southern United States, in the state known for their peaches! I'm currently a biology major and once I get my Associates in that, I hope to transfer into a university so that I can get my MD. I don't know what I want to specialize in yet, but I'm leaning toward neurology right now. I also recently thought that becoming a medical examiner sounded interesting, since I also have an interest in forensics.

@Eryn, happy early birthday! Criminology sounds like an awesome field to go in. I hope everything pans out for you and that you get to complete your studies!

@Emily, Technical/Business writing isn't something I know a lot about. What does your field entail, if you don't mind explaining?

@Haley, Happy early Thanksgiving! Hope you have a great time with your family!

@Alyssa, Another person going into the medical field! Good luck with your studies. How do you like it so far? Do you plan to specialize in any certain area?
    Moved Accounts

Heather,

Neurology is quite the field! Best of luck with that! I don't have the brain (ha!) for that...I have always wanted to specialize in Peds Onc, but have been considering critical care lately as well. Honestly, anything but geriatrics...nothing against that group or those who work in that area, but that is not an interest of mine and I'd really rather not work there. I like my studies so far, but I cannot stand the stress of nursing school. Seriously...I hate that part. I'm still recovering from our recent exam schedule: quiz on a Thursday, huge exam on Monday, quiz on Thursday, huge exam on Monday, and another quiz on Thursday. One Monday off of exams, then another quiz on Thursday...and just took another exam this last Monday! Plus an extra test today...and guess what is on this Thursday? Bleh...that is just for one class, too! Plus, you have to pass every exam/quiz/worksheet with a 78% minimum, which sounds okay but is actually really hard. Other colleges have an even higher pass rate like that. *sigh* I want to quit just about every day. But I'm hanging in there. Good luck with your studies, too! Is there a reason you are leaning towards neurology?
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

If you are comfortable doing so, I would love to read the story!

@Heather: Thank you and welcome.

now using forum account eireann

Hi everyone! I'm Bex. I'm 20, and I live on the east coast of the US, in the state for lovers (lol that really is our catch phrase though). I'm currently in my third year of college. I'm majoring in speech language pathology/audiology, but I only just began taking speech classes this semester thanks to gen ed requirements. After reading through your introductions, it sounds like yall are up to some really awesome stuff! Hope everything is going well for you all
    Bex • Proud Aunt

@Heather: Wow, you and I are practically neighbors! Technical writing is all about teaching people how to do (or helping them to understand) complex technical tasks. Most technical writers specialize in a certain field, like computer software or medical technology. As a technical writer, your job might be to create a document that explains a complex medical procedure to a patient or gives step-by-step instructions on how to put your new IKEA bookshelf together. Most instruction manuals and financial/legal documents are written by technical writers. What you do really just depends on what area you choose to specialize in, and there are plenty of options to choose from: computer hardware/software, engineering, chemistry, medical technology, robotics, finance, law, military technology, etc. One of my parents' friends is a technical writer that works for the US Air Force. She isn't allowed to tell anyone what exactly she works on, but she has to have Top Secret clearance to work on it. So clearly, it can be a very exciting field.

I'm twenty next August. Please reassure somebody who hates birthdays that this won't kill me :/
    Names warm my soul. Collecting Celtic-Anglo-Norse crossovers for now. Possibly usable;

Wilfred Alec - Emmett Kielder - Nicholas Iver ''Nils'' - Raphael Rune - Absalom Jack - Ossian Hugh - Arthur Eleseus

Rosemary Ebba - Isolde Per - Fenella Idunn - Sibyl Sunniva - Embla Beatrix - Thomasin Vesper - Tova Constance

Olivia, you'll be fine! Truthfully, 20 is not that much different than 19. You'll just officially not be a teenager anymore. Time does fly, and it occasionally will smack ya in the face that you aren't 16 anymore, but you are still young and have an entire life ahead of you...and the relative freedom to do what you will with it
    Alyssa

Elim Nathaniel James due Feb 2020 <3

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Chanel

@Olivia: You'll be fine! I didn't feel any different at twenty than I did at nineteen. You're entering a new decade of your life, which is exciting and scary, but try to focus on all of the potential that these years hold. There's a lot of fun to be had in your twenties.

Yay - a thread for us 20-somethings!

@Olivia - I couldn't wait to be 20, because I wanted to lose the 'teenager' tag.

I'm Margaret - known as Maggie - and I'm 21 (will be 22 on Christmas Day). I'm a Long Islander, born and bred. Currently though, I'm in the Greater Boston area, where I'm a senior at college. I'm double majoring in community health and sociology. I can't quite believe I'm now in my final undergrad year, it only feels like yesterday, that I was a excited and slightly anxious freshman!

Next stop for me is grad school (hopefully Ohio State), and my plan is to do a dual Master's Public Health/Master's Social Work (MPH/MSW) degree, so it opens up several career opportunities after graduation.
    ⋆ Margaret Mary ⋆

Elisabeth Aurelia ⋆ Iris Christabel ⋆ Ada Marianne ⋆ Harriet Cordelia
    Dorothea Helen ⋆ Charlotte Gwen ⋆ Josephine Violet ⋆ Sarah Clementine

Asher Benedict ⋆ Joah Valentine ⋆ Samuel Archer ⋆ Nicholas Bertram
    August Lysander ⋆ John Willoughby ⋆ Gabriel Zachariah ⋆ Tobias Nathaniel

Current guilty pleasures: Corliss + Winston

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.