Menu

Thread: Testing early?

Testing early?

Has anyone tested 7 days before their expected period and got a negative and then tested 3 or so days before their expected period and had a positive?

I feel that i have some symptoms of pregnancy but my test was negative. Probably too early to tell...?

It'd be possible since 7 days post ovulation is almost always too early to get a positive but 10 dpo can yield a positive with some of the early result tests, although a negative is still not at all reliable at day 10 post ovulation. I used an early result test and got a strong positive at day 12 post ovulation.
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9865107
    My little boy blue Indigo Robert
    If we had a girl tomorrow Majorelle Anne
    "Maggie"
    http://www.howtopronounce.com/french/majorelle/

I tested and got a negative at 8dpo and a faint positive at 10dpo.

moondreams Guest
    Not sure if I'm much help since I'm irregular so no idea when I ovulated, but when my doctor did the math she said my tests must have been faint since it was right around 13/14 DPO (which the digital clear blue one was, but the cheap wondfo strips were kind of dark - varies by brand I guess). I wouldn't bother testing till the day of your missed period if you have regular cycles, no point in being disappointed a bunch of times.

Thank you everyone. I think i am only 8dpo. I will have to wait. Im so impatient

I would suggest waiting to test until you missed your period. I tested 4 days after I was supposed to be due and got a BFP. As it was unplanned, I was apparently 5 weeks based on my LMP. Clearblue even came out 3+ (digital with weeks), so I suppose testing early doesnt hurt. Try a week before you are due? Also listen to your body. In retrospect, it made a lot more sense why I was so tired at work and sleeping more than usual (at one point, I slept the whole day). Good luck!!!!!!!!