Menu

A Brother For Viola

Looking to name Viola's (VIE-uh-la) little bro, due this September. We have a one syllable last name, so a three-syllable first name flows beautifully, although it isn't a "must" for us. So far we are crushing on:

Sebastian
    Jackson
    Wilder
    Sawyer
    Archer
    Beckett
    Asher

Thoughts on the above and additional name suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Berries!

I like Sebastian, Sawyer, and Asher on your list, my fav being Asher.
    Clara Daisy Eloise Esther Lenore Margaret Penny
    August Bennett Emmett Flynn Freddy Rory Shepherd

I think Sebastian & Viola are stunning together! I also like Wilder and Asher, but not as much as Sebastian.

I like Sebastian but you may be interested to know, Sebastian and Viola are the names of twins in Shakespeare's The Twelfth Night and subsequently, the movie based off of it, She's the Man. I don't know if other people would make the connection or not (I did right away) but it's something to consider! I like Wilder and Sawyer a lot too.
    Last edited by katiem333; June 2nd, 2016 at 11:00 PM.

Sebastian and Asher are my favorite! Though like katiem333 above said, the connection to She's the Man could be something to consider (though not a bad connection, because that's a great movie! ) I also really love Sawyer!
    Here's just a few suggestion as per your request, but I do love names you're thinking on.

Gabriel
    Noah
    Gideon
    Wiley
    Wesley
    Sterling

Good luck choosing!

I don't like the sound of Archer and Viola together, I agree with the 12th night reference for Sebastian and Viola.

Using your names, I like these combos:
    Sawyer Beckett
    Jackson Wilder

Maybe try Bennett as well?

I really like Sebastian, Asher and Wilder from your list - I'd never heard Wilder before, but that's lovely - and they all go well with Viola. Personally, I think the Twelfth Night connection with Viola and Sebastian is beautiful, it's a fantastic story!
    Henry Cassian | Ivo Llewellyn | Gabriel Isaac | Elias Hugo |
    | Luca Sebastian |
    Juliet Martha | Penelope Hazel | Odette Seraphina 'Etta' | Genevieve Flora